Forums

Topic: TOP 5 PS4 games

Posts 221 to 240 of 408

Th3solution

@Kidfried I assume you’re referring to UC4 😅 Yeah, the partner AI was lacking and so I did like you, just basically ignore him and if he helped me out - great, otherwise I just do my own thing. It didn’t seem to get in the way too much for me, as I don’t remember being overly annoyed at it or having it detract. The enemies seem to be blind to him during stealth, which ruins the immersion, but at least makes it more fair gameplay-wise. Hopefully the AI improves in TLoU 2.
I still put it number 1 even with the shooting and stealth segments being less than perfect just because of the story, acting, presentation, graphics, set pieces, and just overall enjoyment factor. No other game has quite the polish of the Uncharted games, imo.
Did you play Lost Legacy yet? There has been so much said about LL vs.Thief’s End so I won’t belabor it, but at the end of the day, Thiefs End was a little better because of the more epic story and the culmination of these characters you’ve grown to love over the years. But gameplay in LL is probably a little better (can’t remember if the companion AI is much better during gunfights, but it seems like it was)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution I didn't like The Witness. I was pretty excited for it, got it day one, and I loved Braid. But I just didn't find the puzzles fun, and to complete one just to get hit with another similar but more complicated one got boring pretty quickly lol.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

@Th3solution Yes, UC4! Do really love the story in UC4 and the characters. Man, Naughty Dog are great with characters.

I haven't played Lost Legacy yet. Seeing as it is probably the last Uncharted we'll play for a while, I'm kinda holding out on it still.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Thanks for the input. When the Push Square editors consensus has it in the top 11 PS4 games of all time, it makes me want to at least do my due diligence to see if I’m missing out. It appears to be one of those polarizing types of games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Kidfried I’m excited to hear what you think of Lost Legacy when you do get to play it. It is pretty much just more Uncharted, which is a good thing, but it feels fresh due to the change of characters. And believe it or not, they managed to put even more polish on it. The game is beautifully rendered.
We do have TLoU 2, for your ND fix coming up. But do I remember correctly that you didn’t care for the first LoU?

Octane

@Kidfried I love your top 5! I haven't played MGSV yet, but looking at your list, maybe I should! I'd rank The Witcher 3, Horizon, The Witness, Uncharted and TLOU among my favourites as well. What did you think of The Last Guardian?

@Th3solution I'm not sure whether I prefer LL over UC4, but I do know that I like the changes that come with each game. The more open levels and side stuff were a welcome addition, I spent way too much time on the Western Ghats!

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane Totally agree that the more open segment of the Westen Ghats was prime. I do feel that LL was a great natural evolution of the series gameplay-wise. If they did more of that for UC5 (?) with Chloe and/or Nadine (or even someone else) and had it a full 20-30 hour game with a more fully realized story, it will likely dethrone UC4 for top spot in my mind. Whatever character they chose to be protagonist (if they even do UC5) he/she just needs to have the personality and charisma of Nate and Chloe. That’s part of what makes the series great.

Octane

@Th3solution Yeah, I hope to see some of the improvements they have made since Uncharted 4 in The Last of Us Part 2. Uncharted 4 is unlike 1, 2 and 3, and in part I think that's because of The Last of Us. I wonder if Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy will influence TLOU2 in some way.

If cities and neighbourhoods you get to explore in TLOU2 are bigger and more open for example, I think that would be a great addition.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane Thanks! I haven't played The Last Guardian yet unfortunately. I have downloaded it on my PS4, but I'm playing too many games at once. If it's as good as Shadow of the Colossus it might make the list, though!

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Octane The Uncharted franchise and The Last of Us almost certainly will continue to influence each other. I think this should enhance both. Thinking back on TLoU, I would place it in my top 5 from PS3 gen. for sure. I found it fantastic as far as character development and story, and at the time the gameplay was very solid, but you’re right, we can expect larger more open areas I order to have it keep pace as being among the best of this gen. I hope they keep it on par with the Western Ghats though rather than make it a true open world, Horizon/Witcher/Assassin Creed/etc, etc style of open world. Just make the areas feel more open and that things can be done in any order and free roam with optional activities, but seamlessly filter the player through to an eventual place and/or activity that progresses the story. We don’t need an open world map with quest markers. Keep it cinematic with that linear story, just have a bit of freedom in some of the areas. From the trailer I’m guessing that there will be multiple playable characters, which would be interesting.
As far as The Last Guardian, I have that in the backlog as well. Another one that may eventually be in my top 5 if I ever get around to playing it. I have a feeling it will be. Shadow of the Colossus is probably one of my top 10 all time on any console.

Kidfried

@Th3solution Playing through Uncharted 4, there were many moments where I was like, "wow, that's exactly how they handled these situations in The Last of Us". Sometimes I liked it, but at other times it was a bit predictable, which contributed to why it wasn't higher on my list.

I love a lot of their stuff, but they should try to switch up their formula a bit. The unscripted battles in Horizon sometimes felt more cinematic than some of the scripted sequences in Uncharted 4.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried @Th3solution The Last Guardian is a weird combination of ICO and SOTC, I loved it though! But just like SOTC, it's a bit clunky at times, both the AI and the controls. It's an impressive game regardless.

Octane

Th3solution

@Kidfried When you play Lost Legacy you’ll see some of the adjustments, as they did attempt to fix some of the things you’re referring to from UC4. Like the box pushing thing they make fun of at the beginning and you never have to push another box again. It’s a little bit less scripted on the conflicts, but not much. There is definitely subtle moves toward addressing some of that predictability and being more innovative. I think you’ll like Lost Legacy even more, I bet. But the formula is by no means completely overhauled or new. I could easily put LL as number 1 on my list, except for its slight deficiency of plot. It’s a great plot, just not as intricate.

Something tells me TLoU 2 will most certainly make larger changes. Such as vehicles, more open areas, multiple playable protagonists, and bow and arrow combat, to name a few.

Th3solution

@Octane What’s your updated Top 5 PS4 games?

Octane

@Th3solution I wasn't going to do an update until I've played Monster Hunter and God of War. Not much has changed since last summer. Lost Legacy won't make it in my top 5 I think. I may move them around a bit, but I think it'll still include Horizon, The Last of Us, The Witness, The Witcher 3 and The Last Guardian.

We should turn this thread into a top 10, or top 20 PS4 games thread!

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane Ha, ha! I know. The fine line of differentiation between #5 and #6 is pretty minute. In my case it depends on what I played most recently, what mood I’m in, and what I had for lunch.

Yes, similar to @Kidfried list. I have TLG and W3 in the backlog. Man, I need more time.

Edited on by Th3solution

Octane

@Th3solution Don't get me started on The Witcher 3!

It's absolutely brilliant. Cyberpunk 2077 can't come soon enough.

Octane

Tasuki

So here's my list. Haven't updated it since September so I feel it's time especially since we have had alot of games come out since then.

Old List
1. Overwatch
2. The Crew
3. Tekken 7
4. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
5. Call of Duty: Blacks Ops III

New List
1. Call of Duty: WWII
2. Overwatch
3. MLB: The Show 17
4. Borderlands The Handsome Collection
5. Tekken 7

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

themcnoisy

All this talk of puzzle games has got me intrigued.

Old top 5
1) Rocket League
2) Yakuza Zero
3) Horizon ZD
4) Metal Gear Solid the phantom pain
5) Destiny 2

New Top 5
1) Yakuza Zero
2) Statik
3) Odin Sphere
4) What Remains of Edith Finch
5) GT Sport

One of The best gaming weeks of my life. Only Yakuza stays in as its the best game on PS4. Xmas is the best!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

@themcnoisy Wow, Odin Sphere in there is a cool choice. What made the game stand out that much for you?

Kidfried

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.