Forums

Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 305

Ralizah

I don't know if I have a favorite scene. I guess if I had to choose one, it'd be when I first encountered the crones. They were genuinely disturbing.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@QualityGeezer Oh yeah that was so funny!
Has to be the bloody Baron mission for me, that was superb.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Not going to start this playing this just yet seeing as i'm halfway through Dark Souls II... But I did take five minutes to have a look round the introductory bit of Kaer Morhen

My PS4 slim fan is barely making a peep despite the stunning moutain vista already...

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Gremio108

@QualityGeezer One of my favourite bits was when Geralt confronted his doppelganger who had been going around causing havoc. I enjoyed that mission.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ralizah

OK, having gotten a bit further in the story, I REALLY like the bit where you infiltrate the witch hunters' compound with Triss, and you're forced to listen to the torturer rip her fingernails off as you try to get information out of your target. Gripping stuff, and very cool how they seem to give control of how long that goes on to the player.

@Gremio108 Just got done with that mission. Did you kill or spare the doppelganger? I spared him, despite that lessening my pay-out. Stealing to get by doesn't seem like a crime worthy of death.

Gremio108

@Ralizah Yeah, I let him go. It seemed too harsh to kill the guy. Plus, it's handy to have a doppelganger knocking about , just in case Geralt ever fancies doing something evil. "Everyone in the village burned by Igni? Must have been that guy who goes around impersonating me, officer."

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

crimsontadpoles

@Ralizah Oh wow, I completely missed that, and didn't know how horrible that bit could have been. I instead chose the dialogue option to cast the sign Axii on one of the witch hunters, as Axii had always worked up to now. Other witch hunters noticed that, which led to a fairly generic fight between Geralt and Triss and all the witch hunters, and killing Menge without getting to talk to him. Afterwards, Triss complains to Geralt for being foolish enough to expect Axii to work there.

Ralizah

@crimsontadpoles It sounds like the situation largely turned out the same, despite the wildly different ways of getting there. I'm guessing, despite a lot of the freedom of choice in how you do something, more scenarios only have one or two outcomes. In my case, I couldn't pry the information out of the target, and Triss ended up killing him in rage after escaping her torturer. I only get him to spit our the broadest detail about where Dandelion is being held captive, and have to find a doppelganger to play the role of Menge in order to have Dandelion released. I actually got a dialogue option where I asked the doppler I spared to help me, but he wouldn't go for it.

Ralizah

I wish the Switch version supported cross-save with PC. I'd buy that version to play on the go, and then switch back to PC once I had the opportunity to do so.

No point in getting it now that I'm 35+ hours in, though.

@Octane Oh yeah. I accidentally wandered into a bunch of witch hunters afterward and had to kill them all, so Triss set fire to the place afterward. I don't know if that changes if you manage to sneak out.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Untitled

Who was it that said money would cease to be an issue at some point? Have a cookie. I have money coming out of my ears now, and numerous extra swords and outfits (yet I just keep getting this one sword repaired, for some reason). I left the mask from the side quest with Triss on because I think it looks cool. Geralt can be some sort of medieval superhero, which... isn't horrendously far off.

Fun game. Probably going to take a break soon, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

ApostateMage

The quest, In The Heart Of The Woods, with the ancient Leshen in Skellige is ace. Proper gave me the creeps.

ApostateMage

HallowMoonshadow

-Takes Cookie-

You're welcome @Ralizah! I know I had a lot of gold but I don't quite remember having 13,000's worth of the stuff... Though it was nearly 4 years ago now 😂

I also wore that mask for ages for the same childish reason of thinking Geralt looked pretty cool!

I'm also getting severely tempted by all the posts here to put Dark Souls II on hold (again even though I just did) and start this up instead. Trying the first ten minutes the other day didn't help sate my curiousity... only made it worse

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy And I'm only 40 hours in. Still have a bunch of stuff to do in Novigrad. I'm gonna be a millionaire by the end of the game. There's just no reason to buy most things. Best equipment is found in dungeons and points of interest. Active shield and food take care of healing. You find most of the stuff needed for alchemy and, once you've made something, you don't seem to need to make it again. What else is there?

I actually temporarily hung up the saddle at around 40 hours for Dragon Quest XI S and 60 hours for Fire Emblem: Three Houses (really need to get back to that), so I think 40 - 60 hours is about my limit for focusing on one game. Unless it's really special. I blitzed SMT IV: Apocalypse in 3 weeks over 105 hours. THAT was an experience.

Why not give ol' Geraldo of Rivera a spin for a while, eh? You'll appreciate DS3 more when you come back to it with fresher eyes.

HallowMoonshadow

You've got the DLC's too @Ralizah so either you'll be Scrooge Mc'Duck-ing in an ocean of gold coins by then or maybe there'll be some actual worthwhile tat to buy.

... Fuuuudge you've swayed me.

I'll start it up and join the Geralt train after I mop up the last two of the four great souls (which I should get tomorrow) so I'm at a nice cutting off point in DS2 when it starts to get more linear

You can write the User Review for Witcher 3 though

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Good luck! I struggled to get back into the game, especially straight after playing a SoulsBorne game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Started this up about two hours ago on the swords and story(?) setting

Combat is going to take some used to, especially after switching midway between Dark Souls 2. I keep trying to press circle to roll in combat

Everything else is going relatively smoothly though.

• I reached level 2 & put both points (Got the place of power point too) in upping Axii.
  • Fought the Wraith in White Orchard's cemetary after a few tries.
  • Met the healer and gave her some swallow to try and heal the girl attacked by the Griffin.
  • Found the hunter, killed some wild dogs and then found the Griffin nest.

For "Precious Cargo" with the Merchant who's actually a northern soilder... I let him go with the medicine. Spent a good five minutes weighing up the options.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.