Forums

Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt thread

Posts 121 to 131 of 131

Jaster1990

Still working my way though this game. I stupidly did all the side quests in each area before doing the main quests and now my level is over double the recommended for each main quest making the main game stupidly easy. You should stick to the main quest mainly, doing the side quests to level up to the recommended level not past it or you might get a bit bored

Jaster1990

BAMozzy

@Jaster1990 XP rewards scale as well so doing quests when you are 'over-level' gives less XP reward...

Blood and Wine looks stunning.... Still working my way through Hearts of Stone though....

EDIT - Just finished Heart of Stone. After some of the Boss fights, the ending was surprisingly easy...

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

@BAMozzy Yeah, too bad there's no ''real'' boss fight, but I did like the story. What ending did you get? Because I know that one of the endings is pretty neat if you hadn't saved Ciri yet.

Octane

BAMozzy

@Octane Without trying to give any spoilers, I opted to side with Olgeird and had completed the Wild Hunt storyline so Ciri's story was resolved. I have been playing solidly for about 3weeks now and completed all the side quests (apart from the races and fist fights, the High Stakes Gwent) and only 'failed' one of the Statuette quests as Triss's quest line was too far advanced - as soon as I went to see her about the statuette, it went straight into the final part of her quest.

I am a little disappointed that the main characters - like Yen, Triss are not involved in the DLC, Characters like Zoltan and Dandelion do not have 'dialogue' to respond to the world after the ending and the world itself hasn't updated either - even things like the 'Reasons of State' quest - the outcome of Radovid, Dijkstra, Roche and Ves. I found it quite odd - especially in Hearts of Stone and the fact a lot of it is in Oxenfurt. The comments by the Redanians (Long Live Radovid) were very much out of place based on my playthrough. Depending on your playthrough, 2 out of the 3 could be 'missing' and the other in power. I am now tempted to go the Bath-house and half expect to see a character that shouldn't be there. (may tell you how I resolved Reason of State LOL). I was very surprised to see a certain person still in their hidden camp in the cave instead of ruling the Temaria.

I really hope that Blood and Wine will see some impact from my Wild Hunt playthrough. Some of the decisions tied in - like maybe Yen or Triss arrive, comments about Ciri based on her ending - maybe they do of course. It made more sense to have this new and separate area as it could be more oblivious to the state of the areas and decisions we made. At most a few 'rumours' and comments from the locals.

Both packs so far seem to be oblivious to the outcome of the Wild Hunt and the decisions we made during that. These almost seem to be set before the ending - before some of Act 3 - or at least should have been.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Octane

@BAMozzy I think the game tells you that the world reverts back to its state before the ending, but with the final main quest updated to completed. I would be neat to see how it would affect the world, but with 12(?) different endings, I understand why that would be way too time-consuming to implement. Especially for content that most people won't even see. I believe the outcome of Reason of State should still apply, I'm certain he won't be back. It's only the result of the final quest that has no affect on the world.

Hearts of Stone feels like it should be completed before the main quest. It works either way, but one of the possible endings is gaining knowledge on how to save Ciri. Blood and Wine is definitely a post-ending quest. So don't get your hopes up, B&W feels like a completely separate game, even more so than HoS was.

Octane

BAMozzy

@Octane I wasn't referring to 'every' aspect of the final missions but a lot of the decisions that impacted that final few missions were decided before then. If I go to find Dijkstra or Radovid, they are no longer around because of the decisions I made before engaging on the final push. Speaking to the Countess at the Auction in Hearts of Stone reflected on the Battle at Kaer Morhen and Vessimer. I know Reason's of State happened after that but its not jumped back to before that point.

Blood and Wine is a post main game and in a different area so conversationally at least, CD Projekt could have had a few lines of dialogue that reflected the state of world post that ending. There are basically three possibilities for Ciri and each would not necessarily result in her appearance in B&W but it would still be nice if we had some 'dialogue' to reflect on that - where relevent. You could still have a few different lines of dialogue based on the events and outcome - even if those characters don't physically appear to make a lot more connected. As you can tell, I opted to kill Radovid and sided with Roche which then really felt odd playing Hearts of Stone and wandering around Oxenfurt.

Its not as if CD Projekt didn't know that they would be making DLC at launch and therefore could and I think should have done more to fit into the main game - even if its changes in dialogue options. Its one of the issues I have with Story DLC - especially in RPG's with a variety of different outcomes. Its not as if the game though doesn't reflect on our choices as we progress so they know how to incorporate decisions. Instead of Redanian Soldiers, they could have switched these for something different to still give the same outcome, same 'rule' but with different random speech and coloured uniform. It feels odd that those decisions haven't carried through.

When it gets to Blood and Wine, depending on who you romanced, Triss could 'holiday' there from Kovir, This could be the retirement home of Yen and Geralt. Ciri could visit too depending on her storyline - even if its just a brief Easter Egg scene with a few dialogue options depending on how their story's finished. Have a chat about ruling or Witchery for example - just to tie everything together. Characters like Zoltan and Dandelion could have some new dialogue too.

Considering how dynamic the game felt when playing through, the DLC seems to have made the world disjointed, more static and lacking the progression I felt with the game. When the world 'reset' after completing the game, they really should have reset the quests to that point too and tied everything together. If the ending is still THE ending of the whole saga, then the two expansions are more 'separate' side quests as such, they could have changed the level requirements and reset those final missions to reflect that these should be finished after those Expansions.

Octane

@BAMozzy All fair points. It's just that, consindering the size of the game and the step forward it was in terms of open world games as a whole, I'm okay with those things not being completely perfect. I mean, after two years, it's still one of the best open world RPGs!

And in that case, don't worry, there's something along those lines in B&W.

Octane

BAMozzy

@Octane Of course its still the greatest RPG's ever made and raised the bar. I think its the best game this generation and one of the best games ever made. Even things like Lip synch is incredible for the amount of dialogue involved. The depth - even in Side Quests are without equal. The details in the fabric - to the point you can believe they were hand stitched, embroidered with Silk etc. The buildings are all well thought out too. You never feel that they copy and pasted but unique - some of the interiors may be a bit similar but the cities look lived in and look like they were built up and expanded up over centuries. As I said, the main game is so dynamic too.

Whilst the DLC, particularly the new area looks absolutely stunning - just like the main game but the new area has more 'beauty' to it than Velen and Novigrad, I just had higher expectation that this would still tie and feel 'dynamic' and interwoven into the game. Of course it still maintains the high standards of production, the same quality of writing and development but its just that separation that I found jarring - more so with Hearts of Stone because of where it took place. Maybe Skellige would have been a better place to set the first DLC and could be better implemented into the main game. The ruler may not be important overall - they can still say long live Clan Crach for example and with so many islands it could therefore be easier to slot it in to that area.

I can't wait for Cyberpunk...

Splat

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the...

Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga, the series of eight novels by Andrzej Sapkowski that inspired the hugely popular CD Projekt Red RPG games.

If done right this could be epic...

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Kyroki

Splat wrote:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the...

Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga, the series of eight novels by Andrzej Sapkowski that inspired the hugely popular CD Projekt Red RPG games.

If done right this could be epic...

Actually just saw this. I agree also, if it's done correctly it could be insane! PLEASE be good!

Add my PSN: kyrokigaming
Follow me on Twitter: @KyrokiGaming
Twitch.tv/KyrokiGaming

PSN: kyrokigaming | Twitter:

Motoxer1

Just started playing this game. I am way behind on all of my games. Anyway, I found some useful information in this thread and I joined the forum. Thanks.

Motoxer1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic