Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 5,729

Thrillho

@johncalmc Well, they're not the easiest to do.

FF7R seems challenging (and time consuming!)
Spyro 2 wasn't too hard from what I remember as even I got it (although did that have the one with the boss you had to defeat without being hit?)
SP: Stick of Truth had loads of niche trophies
SP: Fractured but Whole needed two runs to complete

I don't know the others but that's still more platinums than I've got in the last 12 months.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I gave up on the platinum for Spyro 2 because of that very boss fight you mention, so I'll jump in and second that GIF you replied to @johncalmc with earlier.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

@Thrillho @RogerRoger Yeah there is a trophy for killing a boss without taking a hit, and it's harder than Bloodborne, but you can get it easily by collecting all the gems and getting permanent superflame, then you can just blast it to death and it doesn't get a look in.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Thrillho

@johncalmc Some of us earned that trophy the hard way. And yes, it was a fight From would have been proud of.

GIF RESCINDED.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Turns out Spider-Man is one of those infuriating trophy lists which has an easy platinum, but then went and added a NG+ sub-list including a silver gong for completing the entire game on Ultimate Mode.

Lucky for my OCD, I caught this early on. Didn't expect all the other trophies to be so easy, or to unlock so naturally. As a result, I'm now underway with a NG+ run on Ultimate. Early fears subsided a little when I realised that the Spidey-Sense counter indicator is still present and correct; it's only shortened, not entirely removed (like it was in "I Am The Knight" mode for Arkham Origins) so early brawls have been enjoyable, particularly since I'm still in the zone. Boss fights are a different story, and I can see myself having real difficulty with a couple towards the end, but we'll see how it goes.

The trophy I left behind in the core list, to prevent an early platinum, is the one for paying respects at Uncle Ben's grave. Seemed like the most appropriate to cap everything off with, and will make a bit of a ceremony out of saying farewell to Spidey over the weekend.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Man, you must be LOVING the game (I still have your review to read) to have played the game, DLC, and then go straight back in to do it all again! Certainly getting your moneys worth at the current price

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho ...except I got it a while back, when it wasn't in the current sale, but hey.

My review tries to be objective but, personally speaking, it's my game of the generation and one of the best virtual experiences I've ever had, hands down.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Apologies for the double post, but done! Platinum #38 in the bag, thanks to Spidey.

Ultimate difficulty didn't turn out all that ultimate after all (either that, or I've just been playing the same game for so long, I barely noticed). Had to restart the final two boss fights a couple times, and one particularly large street brawl gave me some trouble, but it was largely pleasant to play. Enjoyably challenging, rather than frustratingly difficult.

Feeling a little lost, though. Love the game so much, but now it's all over. Not quite sure what to do with the rest of my weekend... am sure I'll find something.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Not sure if you are aware but you didn't need to complete the game on Ultimate difficulty to get the platinum, just complete the game on normal, do all the side quests, collect all the stuff etc.

Well done btw!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

redd214

@RogerRoger the DLC is on sale still I believe. Doesn't add a lot of new stuff and the screwball challenges for the trophies can be a pain but does have some good story beats. Still need to do my Ultimate play through to get back to 100%

redd214

RogerRoger

@Arugula Thanks; glad to know it's not just me who feels lost after big games (although equally sorry to hear you've been feeling similar). I do have some old PSone / PS2 Spidey games that I could use to gradually bring myself down, but I'm also poking around the PSN Spring Sale. Something will click!

@JohnnyShoulder Alas, as stated above, my OCD makes it difficult for me to earn a platinum without getting the accompanying 100% trophy list statistic to go alongside it (because platinums are awarded for earning everything). Thanks for the tip all the same, but I deliberately left behind a very easy bronze and made sure I could get the toughest trophy (NG+ on Ultimate) before going back for it and allowing myself the top prize. Otherwise I would've left it on 98% forever.

Why yes, I am a weirdo.

@redd214 Cheers, but I did all the DLC last week, as I'd gotten the GOTY Edition from PSN. I didn't mind the Screwball challenges at all, since you only had to get mid-level scores for the associated trophy. The interconnected, ongoing story was decent though, as you say. Best of luck with your own Ultimate playthrough; as long as you're in the zone, it shouldn't be too difficult at all.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Decided after Detroit to finally whittle away at my backlog.

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Won my first online duel against the 400th rated player in the world! No idea how, I had been practicing the Puyo challenges to pop 100,000 puyos and I got way better at that side. The opponent was a tetris master but my Puyo popping skills helped me out when it swapped between the two. Such a great feeling as its only experts playing online.

Sonic Mania - Picked up the Mean bean machine trophy.

Kentucky Route Zero @RogerRoger @kyleforrester87 @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Neolit @Quintumply @Th3solution @carlos82 @crimsontadpoles @get2sammyb I think you would all like it but its really not for me. Completed chapter 1 and have 5 Trophies altogether decided to bin it. Far to out there my tiny brain can't comprehend what's going on. Maybe if one of you play it, I would actually understand what's happening. The various writing techniques are stunning so it's why I have included you guys in the comment as it's the furthest left field game I have ever played.

Goat Simulator - Great game for trophy hunters, snagged 12 or so Trophies last night and will be back on tonight for sure.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy I thought you had wildly misspelled Katana Zero then!

Are you picking up Streets of Rage 4 by the way? Fancy a play through at some point?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Thrillho

@themcnoisy I loved KR0 and have started a write up on it a couple of times but it’s a pretty hard one to talk about.

Still one of the most memorable gaming experiences I’ve had in a long time! Sadly, the trophies were utterly borked though so I don’t have half of them from completing chapters.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Thanks for the tag and recommendation, buddy! Will keep it in mind for whenever I'm browsing a future PSN sale, as Sammy says. Just looked up a bit about it and reckon it could be a nice, left-field change of pace someday.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 definitely, when is it due out? Don't want to spend any money right now as waiting on furlough (expected on or before the 30th) once that's secured I will grab SoF3 and PS Now!

@Thrillho I realised it wasn't my cup of tea over 3 attempts. I dislike obsurdism, if you ever met me / gamed with me you would presume I would like it. But I don't, there needs to be a recurring sense of place or logic - The sections of KR0 I played, and I'm 20% done are odd. The characters are odd and your dog wearing a hat etc. Glad I gave it a go though, although the graphics are bad and it's a text adventure - the way they have really expanded on the elements is brilliant. If this was a straighter story I would be engaged like the fans of the game. But it wasn't fun for me. Started chapter 2 and when it was asking my character wherever we were inside or out, I couldn't be bothered contemplating what it meant philosophically (especially after the art section). When it then offered me the option to ask the receptionist, I turned the game off. I'm inside damn it!

@RogerRoger @get2sammyb good luck lads. As you are both brilliant writers I think it would click with you both for sure!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy Due out on Thursday! Tbh it's (appropriately) punchy at £25 but I will grab it. It's absolutely the sort of game you'll want to play through a few times so whenever you get it let me know.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic