Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 5,729

Gremio108

Horizon Zero Dawn platinum done and dusted. Now the only question is: do I go for the Ultra Hard mode trophy? The two new game+ trophies are the only ones I've not got now

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Well done sir! 👏

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder I think Psychonauts 2 could be a very, very good game. But I think it's hard to tell from gameplay trailers or et cetera.

What was really good about Psychonauts 1 was that all worlds were very different. One was a board game, some more fight-oriented, others more platforming or puzzlers. It wasn't just that the different worlds had a different theme and story, but they really felt like their own thing.

I think that's the thing they really need to nail if they want this sequel from being alright to amazing.

Kidfried

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks! The platinum never got dull, which is always a bonus. The Frozen Wilds DLC dragged a bit, but that's probably because I played it straight on the back of the main game, which it was never intended for

redd214

Any Borderlands 3 players want to help me out with the firing range trophy?!

Thanks in advance!!!

redd214

Ralizah

@Gremio108 Just go for it. I cleared the Ultra-Hard NG+ playthrough in four days or so.

What you do is make sure you have an overwhelming loadout. You need to be sure to register that as you NG+ loadout before starting the new playthrough.

Then, just ride like hell from one main story quest to the next. Don't bother talking to extraneous people. Run through dungeons. There are even a lot of scripted combat encounters that you can just ride past and ignore.

NG+ isn't too bad, although you'll really want the Shield-Weaver armor, because enemies punch like freight trains. The hardest parts are the fights with Deathbringers.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

redd214

Just got platinum #81 in Borderlands 3, working thru the Spiderman DLC now!!

redd214

nessisonett

@redd214 Jeeeez, I have 2 😂😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

redd214

@nessisonett lol don't worr about it man. Theres someone on my friends list that has 846 platinums, yes 846!!

redd214

Gremio108

@Ralizah I've got the shield weaver armour, and I'm bringing across those high-powered DLC weapons to kick some robo backside with. I'm definitely dreading those deathbringer encounters nonetheless.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett For once I don't feel like a peasant with my measly 7 platinums!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

I’m playing through Telltale’s Batman: The Enemy Within and of course the trophies are popping like corn, but it prompted me to question — how many of you all out there have the feature enabled for your PS4 to do an automatic screen cap with every trophy?

I used to have it enabled, thinking that it was a great way to historically record a potentially hard fought event. But I disabled it after I got so many horribly useless screenshots of a trophy notification in the corner of an all black screen, or worse — a trophy notification in the corner of a blurry mess or of a random picture of the game menu. 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BearsEatBeets

@Th3solution Yeah I turned off the system taking shots of trophy popping after realising I was taking up hard-drive space with loads of photos of blank screens, menu screens and the like. I spent one afternoon going through and deleting about 99% of them. If more games do like Days Gone did and actually work out and make sure something worthwhile is on screen when it pops then I'll turn it back on.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I've kept them only because it doesn't bother me that much. And hopefully more games will take same approach Days Gone and Spider-Man took like @BearsEatBeets mentions.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I didn't realise Spider-man did it as well. I can't remember if I'd turned it off by the time I played that, might have to check.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@Th3solution As a prolific screencapper, every gaming session ends with me spending ten minutes sorting through what I've snapped anyway. Automatic trophy shots of loading screens and blurs were just adding to the clutter and I didn't mind so much but, one time, I was rushing to select a whole chunk of 'em for deletion and I accidentally included a good screencap as well.

Much rage, turned off the feature, will never turn it on again. I guess it's cute for trophy hunters and social media boasters, but I'm neither of them, so good riddance!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I highly recommend you turn it back on if only for Spider-Man, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the results!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I forgot, but I'll do it for the DLC later! Thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

I was off work because of the whole deadly virus thing, so I got the platinum in Canis Canem Edit, South Park: The Stick of Truth, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, and Final Fantasy VII Remake.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic