Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 5,747

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I love irreverent trophies like that. Bottom line, being rewarded for making an ass of yourself is probably number two on my list of favourite trophy types.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

I want myself the plat in Zero Escape The Nonary Games. It's not really an achievement in itself, but picking the game up after more than a year to replay it for all the endings, required quite a bit of courage. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to follow anything that was happening.

Especially not with this game's story. Fortunately enough I only needed to play 999, the more straight forward of the two.

It worked out in the end. It helped that the last ending turned out to be my favorite!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Yeah, I'm full of sh... ockingly bad puns, me.

@Kidfried That's a long time to leave a platinum attempt; glad it worked out for you! Congratulations!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@johncalmc Jesus that was quick

@KratosMD Agreed, one of my favourite platinums. I dived straight into the second one immediately afterwards but weirdly it didn't click at all

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

johncalmc

@Gremio108 It took me like 110 hours so it actually took like 30 hours longer than the first one. There was one trophy in particular that was a TOTAL slog and probably accounted for those 30 hours on its own.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Thrillho

@KratosMD Yeah, the Spyro games are all easily platinumable.

The only pain is one from the second or third game where you have to defeat a boss without being hit which was a real pain.

Thrillho

johncalmc

@Thrillho I'm on Dark Souls 3 now. Gotta have that one polished off so I can maybe fit one more thing in - maybe two! or more! - before Final Fantasy VII Remake hits and then my life is over.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Churchy

Got the platinum trophy for Parappa the Rapper. Played the remaster when it came out but never did all the Cool trophies. That has now been rectified.

Edited on by Churchy

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

johncalmc

@Churchy Oh man I want to do that one day but I've never ever managed to get Cool on anything other than the first level. Even back on PSone.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Churchy

@johncalmc Funnily enough I never did either. After all this time I wanted to do it and looked up a guide. What I didn't realise is that you basically need to press buttons on all the beats that aren't covered in the standard prompts. And then when you're in Cool mode, just keep pressing around making sure you hit the natural beats until the end of the song.

Twitter:

Churchy

@johncalmc Exactly! Once I knew how it actually worked, it made sense. And some YouTube vids can help to get the timing down. In some cases you need to press a button before the line starts as well.

And there's also one trophy for secrets in levels. You basically just play through normally with whilst holding Up on the d-pad. Apart from Stage 4 which has no secrets.

Twitter:

Kidfried

Who remembers when I submitted Psychonauts for my favorite boxart cover?

Well, I actually never beat the game (even though I was close two times), so the submission inspired me to take up the game once again. I rebought it on PS4 last week, and actually finished the game within the week itself.

And... I even got the Platinum.

Anyway, this seems like a great moment to pay tribute to that game. Because, man, is it awesome and everything that kind of mascotte platformer needs to be.

It's got some jank, sure, but aside from that it holds up so we'll. The writing is the glue that keeps it together, and moment to moment the gameplay is just so fun too.

One of Schafer's greats!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Congratulations! Always pays to go back and take a second look at those games we often fall short of completing, or those trophies we get so close to earning.

I keep seeing Psychonauts on that PS2 Classic list, and I keep nearly getting it. One day...!

Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@Kidfried I've had the same experience with Psychonauts as you have so far. Played a quite a few hours of it some time ago, but never went back to it after. I remember it being very fun, though, and I've also thought multiple times about going back. Maybe I'll have to follow in your footsteps some time soon!

Tjuz

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I'm really curious to what you would think about it.

@Tjuz Oh, that game deserves it. I just found it to be the perfect lockdown game, which is why I started playing it.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Are you hyped for the sequel now? It's gonna be a weird one as I think it will be the first Microsft Games Studio title published on a Sony console.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic