Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 5,729

Gremio108

@jdv95 @JohnnyShoulder Cheers guys. I didn't think 1000 fish sounded too bad, until I actually started doing some fishing and realised how long it would take. šŸŸšŸŸšŸŸšŸŸ

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 @JohnnyShoulder @jdv95
Never been a fan of fishing mini-activities in video games. Itā€™s just a thinly veiled version of loot boxes or ā€œsurprise mechanicsā€ where the commodity you invest isnā€™t money but instead time waiting to see what random prize you catch. I guess in some games thereā€™s skill to it, but not much. It still relies on hoping that the game grants you that rare fish or item this time.
Perhaps Iā€™m jaded by experiences such as trying to catch the Sea Guardian in Persona 4 to get that stupid bronze trophy.
Well, not to mention that actual true life fishing is even worse. Tedious, stinky, and gross.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Not sure I would class fishing mini games the same as loot boxes or stuff like that. They are not usually linked to completing the main game and I've not known any that you can pay real money for either.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@Th3solution Ironically there were times when I'd have happily paid someone to fish for me

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JJ-firl

SoulCalibur VI, my 24th platinum! Actually played it in two parts: arcade/online first ā€” a long break ā€” Story/ Libra of Soul (which was quite fleshed out). All in all it was good fun but I wonā€™t be returning to it for a long time...

Picked up Mortal Kombat 11 as itā€™s the deal of the week and Iā€™m a sucker for fighting games.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

RogerRoger

@JJ-firl Congratulations! Despite you admitting that you're a sucker for fighting games, I hope jumping into Mortal Kombat 11 so quickly after SoulCalibur VI won't tarnish your enjoyment of it. I guess they're different enough, if you're an authority on fighting game nuance...?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JJ-firl

@RogerRoger Yes, they are indeed very different. Itā€™s also been ages since I properly played a MK game so I look forward to dive in and explore.

Wonā€™t be playing it exclusively too, have some other games to get stuck in (bought Sayonara Wild Hearts and looking to get started with the Uncharted Collection or Batman: AK).

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

RogerRoger

@JJ-firl Being much more my kinda fare, I can heartily recommend those final two options you mention; whatever you pick, however, I hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I just finished a second play of Civ 6 and it has some pretty niche trophies, although I did like one I got called ā€œWhat Could Possibly Go Wrong?ā€ which is for having an improved amber resource in a city with a zoo and an archeological museum šŸ¦–

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Love Civ trophies, almost all of them are pop culture references such as that Jurassic Park one!

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

redd214

Finally ran through and finished up Spiderman for Plat number 79. Such a phenomenal game, can't wait to dive in to the DLC/NG+!

redd214

Black_Swordsman

I recently acquired the Freedom! and Fond Memories in Catherine: Full Body for beating the game and getting the ending where Vincent reconciles with Katherine.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@johncalmc Big swords are the best swords. Black knight sword was my jam for basically the whole trilogy.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

johncalmc

honestly you can't beat a big sword. I also used magic for the first time despite having already beaten all three dark souls games previously. it was alright. the sword was better.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic