Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 5,747

JohnnyShoulder

Turns out I was being a dozy doughnut @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy and trying to do a challenge I've already completed! πŸ˜‚ At 99% now, just got a couple of collecty thingys to go now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Turns out I was being a dozy doughnut

I've never heard that term before but I love it

Glad it hasn't buggered up for ya!

I really need to get round to buying Nier Automata @crimsontadpoles That hidden shop thing'd be a pretty neat idea for games in general, especially ones which have dead servers and online trophies!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

I was gonna use more colourful language @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, but didn't wanna be put in the naughty corner!

I'm not usually one for scooping up all the collectables and what not in a game (the Riddler trophies in Arkham Knight can do one, there are just too many of the blighters!), but I've been quite enjoying clambering round looking for them in Tomb Raider.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

I'll usually do what I can do within the realm of reason regarding trophies. Especally if I'm enjoying it @JohnnyShoulder (I've heard about the Batman Riddler challenges being ridiculous at like 300 or so)

Like Horizon: Zero Dawn's collectibles for example weren't too bad as there wasn't a lot. Plus I loved the combat & could fast travel if I really wanted thanks to them being displayed prominently on the world map and there was usually a campfire not to far away at all.

I'll admit most of my trophies on my lists were actually got by my daughter.

Well moreso she got them to ping first... didn't bother me as I'm honestly not that bothered by them as a whole. (We shared an account for years cus we only had the one PS3 & then one PS4 between me, my son and daughter. Plus me and daughter both like the same games so why not lol)

The percentage gained is probably the most interesting thing to me about trophies, just cus I'm naturally very curious and it's interesting to see the drop off rates

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Kidfried

So last week I had a conversation with someone at work about gaming. And aat one point he said "well, I have one friend who is super crazy, he has 35 platinums."

And I was like, yeah... Uh, sure. Because I have over 40, which I feel on here is nothing to brag about.

Still, outside of here I don't know anyone who even comes close to my amount of trophies.

Anyway, that moment made me feel pretty hardcore.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The obsessive in me can not stop playing a game until I surpassed the dropping off point. 🀐

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

That sounds about right @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy for Arkham Knight, and you can't defeat Riddler and get the true ending until you get them all. They are actually quite fun to do it is just the amount of them which puts me off. The recent Tomb Raider games have them just right imo.

Trophies are OK and all, but never let it ruin my enjoyment of a game. I don't have many platinums but I don't really care tbh. The ones I have got were achievable when I finished the story and did not mean playing through the game on different difficulty levels.

WanderingBullet

Platinumed Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Kidfried

Oh my gosh, I did it: I got the trophy for 100% completion in a Yakuza game.

One of the trophies I'm most proud of. That took me so long, and also made me do so much random stuff.

Feels like I beat many games at once now, what a high.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried Blimey, good work. Is that for Kiwami 2? If so, I admire your dedication to the bouncer missions if nothing else..

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Congratulations!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@Thrillho @RogerRoger

Thanks. I don't have the platinum by the way! I'm not someone to finish a game twice, so I will probably never get it. But I like the feeling of having seen everything this game has to offer.

And what took most dedication was eating all Mahjongg challenges and the Haruka requests. Those really take a long while.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried I often wondered why some games have a "complete 100% of the game" trophy separate from its platinum but you're right, given how eccentric some random trophies can get nowadays, there's a difference between "seeing everything the game has to offer" and "earning its platinum trophy".

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@Kidfried I rescind my original comment then

That trophy is crazy for the random card based and mahjong mini games in amongst everything else.

I've managed to get the trophy for all the drinks which took a while and now working on the locker keys. I got Haruka to level S to get the last thing for heat actions (the batting cage took ages for that one too). But there is no way I'm doing all SEVENTY bouncer missions to get the last battle action which means I also miss out on the "get all actions" trophy.

I may or may not bother getting the Majima Construction trophy though.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho I don't have the 200000 points trophy yet, either. I did finish all missions, but.. yea. Apparently I'm worse at the Construction minigame than I thought.

I spent a long while doing the bouncer missions, but I'm not going to try for the hardest difficulty ones. They're pretty unfair, and it seems like you can only win by cheesing them, which -to be honest- I did a lot of already. :')

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried One of the bonus characters I got for free (Bessho) who made the difference for me with his bombs as he can clear groups of enemies really easily. The Sotenbori missions are so much harder and the final one of that set is near impossible. I didn't find it particularly enjoyable at all.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

After all the fuss I made over getting the platinum in Spider-Man.... I got it earlier.πŸ˜‚ Getting all the suits weren't too bad in the end, you just need to choose the right set of suit mods for the challenges to make them a bit more tolerable. All the other stuff was pretty standard fare. Telltale games aside, the easiest plat trophy I've got.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Lol, yeah... same as I did. By the end, it’s not that much of a leap to get the final trophies. Congrats! It’s only a 9.3% platinum rate, which seems a little low for how easy it is.

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yet go on something like PSN Profiles and it's at 49%, which is quite high for a platinum and a better reflection of how easy it it.

I also how like how Push Square reported recently in Days Gone, story related trophies have their own cinematic screen shot. Which is cool.

RogerRoger

...and that's the platinum for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in the bag. Brings my total to 34, with my overall statistics currently at 38% complete of Level 26. Go me.

It was actually quite a pleasant platinum. There is one trophy to be wary of, as it requires planting seeds you find in a terrarium aboard the Stinger Mantis, then revisiting them once they've become full-grown plants; problem is, if you don't find all the seeds early enough, you're left hanging around with nothing else to do, waiting for things to sprout. Otherwise, with nothing tied to a specific difficulty level, I found the list an enjoyable one to wrap up.

When you return to environments post-credits, they're not simply reset. Some areas that you thundered through because of story requirements are now re-opened, and larger areas that once contained boss fights might now contain wandering bounty hunters, eager to collect. There are also some new audio cues and radio conversations to be had at key points.

Also, one particularly linear area does have a (rather lovely) fast-travel system to prevent a potential twenty-minute return trip, which was very welcome.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic