Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 5,748

Tjuz

I don't think receiving a trophy illegitimately would make me feel good about myself. Sometimes I don't understand people.

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz I think it's less about what you think about yourself, and more about what you think other people will think about you.

And frankly, that's just too much thinking for me.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy You could always play a few games on Switch if you have one. May take a few weeks to get used to playing games with no trophies.

I'm a firm believer of when a game stops being fun, stop playing it. OK there is always gonna be sections when games may feel like a slog. I recently completed Southpark and had only a few trophies to go for the plat. One of them was playing the game on a harder difficulty which I was never gonna do and another was a collectable thingy. I tried, thought had them em all but the trophy did not ping. So I left it had 80% (Rog will be so proud of me) and moved on.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@johncalmc was that me lol?

I haven't got that one. After an update the last section was made harder and I have discussed this a few times!

I got to the last pillar section before the end of the game and ballsed it up. For me the pillars are the worst as my short term memory isnt the best. Why have that last? Anyway I digress I quite liked the end run bar the maze puzzle where you open 2 boxes and the last pillar section. I must have tried it 400 times!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder

So I left it had 80% (Rog will be so proud of me) and moved on.

Yes, that is a RogerRoger-Approved Percentage Value.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

It upsets me deeply when you've got a nice round completion number for a game's trophies, like a solid 90% for example, but then the DLCs take the overall percentage to something like 67% in the trophy menu.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

redd214

@Gremio108 yeah that used to bug me in the ps3 days though fortunately have gotten over it for the most part.

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I wonder if I had got that trophy I was after it woulda bumped it to an odd number?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 ...or worse, when you've platinumed something and think you've got 100% but then there's surprise DLC leaving you with a platinum alongside a 91% statistic.

@JohnnyShoulder What colour trophy was it?

Whilst this obviously varies depending on trophy list length and type distribution, I've observed that, in an average Triple-A game's list, a bronze is worth either 1% or 2% (and it's more frequently the latter; it depends on the overall completion rate of the list at time of unlock). A silver, meanwhile, is generally worth between 3% and 5% and a gold is somewhere around the 7% mark.

So if it were a bronze, you had a good chance at getting 82% but at such a round percentage, I wouldn't have risked a silver or gold.

God, I hate my brain sometimes.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger So annoying. Frankly it makes the platinum trophy look like a fool.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger It was a gold trophy. I have one more other gold, bronze and and the plat.

@Gremio108 Batman Arkham Knight story completed 73% trophies got. Including all the DLC - 34%. 🤤

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder ...then you're glad you didn't get it, otherwise (if my math is correct) you'd have ended up with 89% trophy completion. Yuck!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

#23 - Lara Croft Go

As trophy hunting games go, this one is a good one. Lots of Golds. Finding all the collectibles can be a bit tedious though as many of them are hidden in near impossible-to-detect spots. I liked the game pretty well and am even considering another “Go” title.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

#24 Marvel’s Spider-Man.

A really good trophy list and very obtainable platinum. Currently the Platinum percentage is 9.3%, so it’s actually one of my rarer platinums, but it’s certainly not hard, nor does it take an inordinate amount of time grinding. A very balanced trophy hunting experience. I got the trophy without forcing myself to do things I didn’t enjoy doing, nor did it require playing endlessly waiting for a random event to happen, so getting the platinum did not ruin the game experience for me as can sometimes happen with some games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution And no online/multiplayer trophies either!

I just have that horrible platinum but 99% completion because of the NG+ trophy that they subsequently released.

Thrillho

themcnoisy

I've restarted playing some games again after solely playing Dreams since June. I've got Fist of the North Star on the go and my trophy count is at 20% hoping to get over 50% by the time I'm done. There's a finish the game on very hard trophy which is locked when you first play similar to @Thrillho what you are talking about with spiderman.

No idea why 40-100 hour games want you to play them twice. No one has the time for that.

It's a gruelling trophy list with a load of end game mop up stuff. So just over 50% and I will be happy.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

Have five trophies left for MHW: Iceborne. Almost done with three, after that it's just the giant and miniature crowns trophies.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Fortunately, the NG+ completion trophies are an additional list added after the original trophy list was complete, so it’s not required for the platinum. You can actually platinum Spider-Man by just completing the story once and it can be done on any difficulty, even ‘easy’ counts.

@Thrillho Yeah, since I’ve not played any DLC (and don’t plan to) my lack of any completion on those trophy lists makes my overall percentage for Spider-Man show only 62%, which is mildly annoying. It’s like my Shadow of the Tomb Raider completion percentage is only 39%, despite actually getting 82% of the trophy list on the base game. All those DLC lists (SoTR has 7 extra lists total ...Batman Arkham Knight has 16 extra lists!) really pull the total percentage down.
On one hand, having a lot of extra trophies for DLC is nice for those who play them, but having half of the game’s total trophies invested in the DLC seems a little skewed.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic