Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 5,748

redd214

@themcnoisy I enjoyed the story also. A bit campy but was a great ride. Though extremely doubtful, would love to see a PS5 sequel. Game is outstanding visually as well.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

themcnoisy

I will throw this out there one last time.

I need 1 trophy for the platinum on MLB the show 2018 for getting an intentional walk. It can't be done in an offline game using 2 pads. It can only work against the cpu or online. It would only take 20 seconds online!

Trying to get the cpu to give up a walk is a nightmare. You have to be in a high scoring tied game in the last 4 innings and have your team setup with rubbish players in slots behind power hitters and get the bases loaded (according to multiple videos I have watched). This seems doable - but even then sometimes the computer won't walk you. I've tried 7/8 times and it's soul destroying now.

Somebody please help a fellow Pushsquare head out!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Frigate will do bro! Thank you mate and it's a gr8 game to boot.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

redd214

Played through Minecraft story mode today with the kiddos and got platinum 73, going to be doing season 2 tomorrow hopefully.

redd214

Ryall

@leucocyte I never like it when games give you trophies for bad endings and making mistakes. I’ve just been playing Phoenix Wright ace attorney trilogy and it seemed to give you about a quarter of the trophies for making mistakes.

Crash bandicoot had trophies for dying in interesting ways to something that I would rather try and avoid.

Ryall

Kidfried

I got the platinum trophy in Burnout Remastered. It was super easy, almost makes me want to finish all the DLC trophies too, because right now it almost feels too easy.

Kidfried

redd214

@Kidfried thinking about giving that another go when EA access launches. Got the platinum on the original but never really messed with the dlc. Does it still have that 8 player meet up trophy like in the PS3 version? That was a ROYAL pain in the butt to coordinate

Edited on by Tasuki

redd214

Kidfried

@redd214 Yes, but you can get it offline too with a workaround. Granted, it comes down to a bit of luck, but at least it's possible. Currently you'll have a hard time finding 8 people online, servers aren't that crowded.

Kidfried

Beard-Crumbs

redd214 wrote:

Played through Minecraft story mode today with the kiddos and got platinum 73, going to be doing season 2 tomorrow hopefully.

I always like when playing with the kids gives you an excuse to hunt down a few trophies. I'm definitely guilty of this with the Lego games. Good family fun!

Beard-Crumbs

PSN: Beard-Crumbs

redd214

@Beard-Crumbs oh for sure!! I think we've platinumed 5 or 6 Lego games. Still got Lego Batman 3 to finish up and will definitely be doing the Star Wars one when it comes out!

Just got my 76th platinum, Anthem. Wouldn't wish that collectible grind on anyone lol! Such a broken game in so many ways, even little QOL things that make no sense whatsoever. Ah well frees up 50 gigs

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Th3solution

Platinum #22 - Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice.
A fairly easy platinum, the hardest one being “collecting” (more like listening to) all the lorestones — Which was a very integral part of the experience for me anyways.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

redd214

Platinum #77 done, Soul Calibur 6. Quite a grind but a great game and return to form for the series!

redd214

Kidfried

I haven't had to actually grind like this (and for so long!) in quite a while, but I dead it... the platinum for Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls. The grinding felt like such a waste of time for; just mindlessly shooting the enemies to raise to max level wasn't fun for a second actually. But when I finished my first playthrough of the game on level 88 out of 100 and with most of the collectibles found... it felt like a waste not to go for full completion.

So here we are. Do I feel satisfied? Proud? Am I happy to have wasted these last few hours? Well, I don't want to think about that stuff too much.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried lol I just listened to podcasts while grinding for the collectibles in UDG. I kept missing some, though, so I ended up doing three full playthroughs.

It's more busywork than anything. Unlike V3, with its ream and reams of postgame content. Of the 120 hours or so I spent on that game, maybe 40 of it was the actual main playthrough.

Anyway, congrats!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Considering the extra effort it takes to play a game beyond its welcome, I reckon you should feel prouder of that platinum than others which were genuinely enjoyable. Congratulations!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger That's true. Though platinums can often get quite tedious in the end of course.

(Also, I got the platinum for Horizon Chase, which is my 6th platinum of 2019 so far. That's far less than last year, but I don't think I'll ever manage 15 in a year again).

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Nicely done; so that brings your total platinums up to how many?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Just got the platinum trophy for inFamous: First Light.

My first inFamous game! Now I feel OK to review it and move on.

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah I loved First Light, it's like The Flash game we never got!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Ralizah

@KALofKRYPTON It's basically X-Men x The Flash x Gravity Rush. Very cool and responsive traversal mechanics and combat. Actually, the fact that it was just so fun to play around with is probably why I stuck with it through some of the more random and infuriating challenges (that one where you shoot airborn enemies is borderline broken, lol; also had to grind drive-bys to get the trophy for blowing people off ledges!).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic