Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 5,745

Splat

Plat #50 The Division. Great game I wish I would have picked it up sooner. Will get D2 day one.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Jaz007

@JohnnyShoulder Noo, I don’t want a more proper tutorial in a From game. Heck, go back to King’s Field, the predecessor to Dark/Demon Souls on the PS2. It’s first person and the first thing you do in the game is step onto a lava pit you didn’t realize was there. It needs opening that just kills you lol. On a more serious note though, I felt like Bloodborne had enough of a tutorial honestly.

Jaz007

Splat

I just got my 8000th trophy.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Splat Congrats! I just got my 4000th trophy.
I made it a good one though, with platinum #23 InFamous Second Son.
I absolutely did not strategically pop that trophy .

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Nei

Playing SOTC again on PS4 and for once I think the trophies (beside my addiction) actually add to the game with rewards for clearing the time trials - finding some easter eggs and so on - I was worried cause i loved TLG but the trophies were really not complementary to that game.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Splat

Fight_Teza_Fight wrote:

@Splat Congrats! I just got my 4000th trophy.
I made it a good one though, with platinum #23 InFamous Second Son.
I absolutely did not strategically pop that trophy .

Yeah, after I got it I was like man I should have tried to make that a Plat. Too later now...

Th3solution

@Splat @Fight_Teza_Fight I tried to make my milestone trophies meaningful ones, but I just can never get the planning down right. I always end up with some random bronze trophy ending up in that spot.

@Feena I haven’t played The Last Guardian yet, and I have to admit, the difficult trophies are a slight deterrence. I won’t let it stop me from eventually playing what is supposed to be an otherwise great game, but I agree that the trophy list should augment and as you say “compliment” the experience, rather than just serve as a frustration or hindrance.
Interesting note though — when I looked at the trophy list for TLG after reading your comment, I noticed that it says only 28.6% of people achieved the trophy for finishing the game, and yet 29.3% of people achieved the trophy for completing the game in under 30 hours. Uh... I’m no mathematician, but how can the achievement rate for completing under 30 hr be higher than just completing the game at all? 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Nei

@Th3solution Interesting numbers XD

TLG trophies aren't hard as they are poorly conceived. There is one that basically has you listen to all the hints the narrating voice gives you when you seem to be stuck. The problem is that sometimes it takes forever or you just naturally go past a point and void the trophy...painful XD

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Th3solution

@Feena Yeah, in my mind, a game should have most of the trophies unlock fairly naturally and then have some as a reward for those playing the game more closely and spending a little extra time exploring, then maybe a just a few harder one that take a lot of extra effort for he highly dedicated to get the platinum. I don’t mind an easy platinum now and then though. But trophies that require bizarre acts or are dependent on rng events can be super annoying and detract from the experience. If I finish a game and actually spent time exploring, doing side quests, and not just rushing through and I end the game with less than 40-50% trophy completion I’m thinking, what gives? I should at least get close to half the trophies without having to bend over backwards.
Of any game I’ve played, Nier Automata handles trophies in the most innovative and cool way, imo. My platinum there took a fair amount of effort and there was some grinding involved but it came as part of the natural diving into and spending time having fun with the game and it didn’t feel like a chore, more like a cool reward for making it to the true end and delving into the world. But, oh ... I won’t go any further since that’s right, you haven’t played it yet.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution The InFamous plat was the first one I went out of my way for, to make a ‘milestone trophy’.

I sync my trophies maybe once a week & realised I was only 15 trophies of #4000, but had 10 trophies left for InFamous SS...so I quickly beat InFamous FL which gave me 4 story trophies + 1 other .

I kept thinking I was going to pop a random trophy and ruin everything😢😅.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kidfried

I did it... finally! I have earned the Mad Max platinum trophy and I can finally go on with my life. Just mere seconds after getting the trophy I deleted the game from my hard drive; I put way more hours into that game than I ever planned to.

I think that's my 11th platinum trophy for 2018. My new years resolution (see thread) was to earn more platinum trophies than last year, and it seems I already accomplished that.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Nice! Very impressive! It sounds like it was a grind.
I’m doing pretty poorly on my 2018 resolutions, personally.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Kidfried Nice one! I'm doing terrible personally, but you just reminded me that I should probably update that thread sometime soon-ish.
Maybe once I beat MGS4 .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Kidfried

@Fight_Teza_Fight I just like to brag!

And I made some other resolutions too, have no idea how I'm doing on those.

Kidfried

Shellcore

Question for Horizon players. I am close to the platinum for this. Seems relatively easy going, however time consuming. My question is - Did anyone manage to get all five of the "unmarked collectables" without resorting to a guide. I missed a couple and couldn't bear not knowing if they were missable or not. I feel dirty.

PSN: Aleks-UK

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Transistor and I've nearly got the platinum in Heavy Rain.

johncalmc

Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@johncalmc Nice. Totally forgot about Tansistor. Really enjoyed the short time I played it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Gremio108

@Kidfried Well played, I gave up on Mad Max very early on!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Kidfried

@Shellcore Just use a guide for those five. The trophy isn't worth searching for these five; I did it without, but it's a pretty pointless endeavor, which doesn't anything to the game.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic