Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 5,748

Nei

Are GOW's trophies fun? I am currently slaying the ...8 creatures (don't wanna spoil the game for anyone)

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

BAMozzy

@Feena Most of them were OK - things you can do easily by just doing the story and side quests. A few were very 'grindy' and I personally didn't 'enjoy' at all - but others might. Overall, they are all achievable I think - even if you have to turn the difficulty right down to get through some fights - not one I think is attached to trying to beat the game on stupid difficulty settings or rush through the game in a stupidly short time.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Th3solution

@Kidfried I guess the complete playthrough to get all the story elements and see all the maps, books, etc took a good 6 hours with the assistance of a guide. Unfortunately, I think it would be quite difficult without consulting a guide because some of the collectibles and places to trigger a story event are quite hidden away. The good part is that when you do this it does seem worth it because you see and hear little things, especially the story elements, that you probably wouldn’t see otherwise and it enhanced the overall narrative a little bit. Then the second playthrough was only 2 hours where you basically go find short cuts through the map and go straight to the end without completing each section first. It did change the story a small amount when you did it that way so it wasn’t a complete waste of time. Overall, at about 8 hours and say, 4 or 5 play sessions for me, it was worth it because of the deeply introspective feeling of the game and I enjoyed a virtual stroll through England. Many people would probably say it was boring though since there is so little interaction.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena I had loadsa fun getting the Plat for GoW and I don't really go for them. Niflheim can be a bit grindy is suppose but most of the collectibles you should get by playing the story. The map will tell you what areas you got stuff to collect from.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

A mate just got his Street Fighter V plat...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Nei

@KALofKRYPTON Congrats! That is not a small feat.

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks! I am having fun chasing the monsters an secret areas - the Crows could be a bit problematic...

KALofKRYPTON

@Feena Not me, my mate - I have no such notions!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Good luck and hope you have fun!

I did look at a guide for a few of the crows. A quick tip: some of em are in the arena you fight the Valkyries in.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder The two realm trophies and the 8 'V's' are a grind and not something I really can say I enjoyed, as are the treasure maps and ravens too. The majority though were attainable by just playing the game and doing all the side quests. I still got the platinum though but the last grindy ones really stopped me wanting to play the game again, get all the armours etc so haven't touched it since 25th April - the day I got the Platinum - 5 days after launch

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Gremio108

@Feena The God of War platinum didn't overstay its welcome too much for me, I enjoyed it, but the fast travel made some of the collectibles a bit of a faff. Also, the final 'creature' gave me trouble...

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Nei

@Gremio108 I am trying to re-export the areas or reach the points on the map without using fast travel...it really makes things boring. I am already having troubles with the regular "creatures"! @JohnnyShoulder thanks for the tip! I'll try to get this plat

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy Like I said I only found Niflheim a tad grindy and even then I still enjoyed it. Mind you it took me a lot longer to complete the game and I varied up all the stuff I had to do after I finished the story.

@Feena If you are finding it boring not using fast travel, why don't you just use fast travel?

Have you unlocked all the moves and runic abilities? That will life much easier in defeating the regular enemies.

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder I did all the side quests etc before I finished the story. I found Muspelheim grindy too as it is 'just' combat in one arena after another after another. The only real difference between that and Niflheim was the more random nature of the combat and 'gas' but still its the same 'combat' loop over and over again in areas that look virtually identical. I almost didn't bother with the Platinum because of those two realms but as they were just repetitive 'grinding' rather than actually having to do something (like beat the whole game a 2nd time on NG+ or rush through it under 5hrs or something stupid like that),I persevered. Fast travel was hardly 'fast' either - hiding a loading screen behind that 'tree' sequence is still a loading screen and gets tedious if you are jumping from 1 place to the next just to collect a missing raven or two. The only things I didn't do/unlock/upgrade were to craft ALL the armour pieces and runic moves - especially those that relied on the stuff you get in Nilfheim as I couldn't face more grinding...

LieutenantFatman

Haven't had a badass plat for a while. Some of my favourites are hunting down the From Software ones such as Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Armored Core, etc.

Their next big game being single player only, will be interesting to see how I get on.
Hopefully the publisher doesn't interfere too much.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman Miyuzaki has confirmed From has editorial and directive control over the game and the game's contents. From have asked Activison in some guidance in how to make it a bit more accessible such as putting in a proper tutorial in the game, but overall Activision are leaving From to their own devices.

Thrillho

I feel dirty for buying the few outstanding trophies I had in Nier but the temptation to press one button to get the "all endings trophy" rather than grind through obtaining and levelling all weapons was just too great.

Thrillho

Gremio108

I finally, finally got the Dirt 4 platinum. Got to the end of the last event that I needed to do and the platinum didn't pop. Then I realised I hadn't done the tutorial, so I had to go back to driving school.

I'd just been winning every event under the sun and now here I was weaving through cones at 10mph. It was very demeaning.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic