Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 5,748

ztpayne7

Just got my 8th plat - Bloodborne! I played most of the game in co-op (one other friend around the same level as me) so it wasn’t as annoying as I would have expected. I’m on a roll with difficult plats, as my last one was Rogue Legacy.

ztpayne7

Jaz007

Assassin’s Creed 2 from the Ezio trilogy gives trophies so easily. It kinda feels nice to be getting my trophy count boosted for doing nothing again.

Jaz007

BAMozzy

God of War Platinum trophy achieved!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

The pro evo 18 trophies are a proper grind.

Win the league, cup and european cup in 1 season.

Win a south american league, cup and champs league in one season.

Win an asian league, cup and champs league in one season.

Times that by 2 for the become a legend mode. At least 6 seasons at different teams!

Wtf konami thats ridiculous and stops the whole point of manager Modes in sports games, which is to build your team and gradually bring the success. Not be a fly by night mercenary.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

roe

Maybe they asked Mourinho for trophy advice?

roe

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Yeah and some them are pointlessly easy, like finish a game in versus mode.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@roe @JohnnyShoulder I thought the whole reason for trophies was to make you experience the full game.

The trophies for "get match data in vs mode" or "play a match as host in a friendly game" are a bit rubbish but at least they show you other parts of the game. The win the treble trophies are the worst as you end up playing 5 minute matches on Easy and end up trying to skip most matches.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

I'm working through the trophy list for Ratchet & Clank at the moment and am always amazed when a mostly-attainable list has a sudden, ridiculously-tough trophy embedded halfway down (in this case, winning the hoverboard Gold Cup on Rilgar in less than 1:35).

The same happened in Batman: Arkham Knight, whereby the main game's trophies were sometimes fiddly, but never difficult, and all the DLC packs had really straightforward trophies. I felt confident getting the platinum and then suddenly, once all the DLC was seemingly done with, they added the Community Challenge Pack which has about ten insanely difficult trophies attached to it. My list now has a platinum alongside a 92% complete list, and I don't think I'll ever be good enough to make it the 100% it should be.

It can be really frustrating. I'd hope that future trophy lists offered a more consistent approach, but then I suppose you'd get more able players complaining about the lack of challenge.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Trophies are done by the developers so it it really is down to each game on how diiificult they are to obtain.

I only realised recently that From Software don't do trophies for any of thier dlc for the Souls games. Bloodborne Old Hunters had em but that was because it was a Sony exclusive.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Curse those developers!

Managed to platinum Ratchet & Clank all the same; took a little more teeth-grinding than I'd have liked, but perfectly do-able in the end. I may have overstated the problem earlier.

That's twenty-eight platinums on my profile now, with an overall trophy level of twenty-three.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

XOF

Hell man, Uncharted games have always been truly special to me (for a particular reason) and now I'm trying to get the Platinum Trophy for Uncharted 4 by the release anniversary
70% down (had played it two years ago when it came out) almost there XD

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

RogerRoger

@Cyph0Lax Best of luck, especially since you seem to have special motivation!

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Today I got my 25th platinum trophy! Hurrah!

I'm not a hardcore trophy hunter, but I do enjoy getting the occasional platinum every now and again. I wanted to list my three most satisfying plats in order (not my rarest or anything):
1. Bloodborne
2. The Witness
3. Fallout 4

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Congratulations! What was the twenty-fifth?

Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

@Kidfried The Witness is one of the platinums I'm most proud of. The final challenge is an absolute beast. Took me three days of constantly doing it over and over again. Honestly I started looking like one of those crazy people that rants in the streets about the end of days.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JJ-firl

Burnout Paradise Remastered platinum! Never played the original game so it was my first visit to Paradise City. Very enjoyable experience but I'm done with racing for a while now...

Might give Trackmania Turbo a go when the itch returns.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

johncalmc

I've started on the path for the platinum in Mad Max, and I kind of regret the decision now because it's starting to turn into a slog but I also feel like I'm well past the point of no return so I might as well carry on. Might finally go back to Life Is Strange Before The Storm after and platinum that.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Kidfried

@johncalmc How far are you on Max Max then?

And agree, getting The Witness platinum felt like a real milestone.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic