Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 5,729

DeWiz

Spent my Saturday evening trying to finish up the plat on bf4.
I've got every trophy when it came out apart from the obliteration mode bombs (managed 3 out of 5 back then).
So after 3 hours of trying last night I managed armed one bomb, which got diffused so didn't count ... So frustrating!

Anyone else need it?

DeWiz

PSN: GOWDeWiz

Splat

Platinum #40 Lara Croft Go.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Bioshock, and I'm working on Bioshock 2. Also waiting for the Nioh trophies to come online so I can see how many I've got and consider whether I'm going to bother going after that.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@johncalmc Whatever you do, make sure you get the thuggish splicer camera images in the level where you get the camera on Bioshock 2. They don't appear anywhere else. I now, annoyingly have a 98% completion on the game and can't be bothered to play through again!

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

johncalmc

@Rudy_Manchego Duly noted. From what I remember the research in Bioshock 2 is harder because there's no back-travel or anything, is there? I've only played the game once when it first came out and I can barely remember it. I'm trying to do it all in one playthrough, or I'll basically never do it, and I'm not very confident that I'm going to manage it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@johncalmc Yep - you can't return to levels at all. You can do it all in one playthrough (if you don't squanch the research like I did) but you need to make sure that collectibles and a couple of missable trophies are done during gameplay. Playing on the top difficulty isn't too bad - just puts a lot more emphasis on resource management. Oh and lastly there is one trophy related to both you and a little sister taking no damage during a harvest which is tough on higher difficulty. There is a good spot for this though, I found a recommendation online and it is fairly early into the game where you can almost hide and take splicers out from a distance - so worth a google.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

johncalmc

@Rudy_Manchego That's one of the trophies that I think is going to suck. If that was the only one I had left I'd just start it again on easy because you can pick that one up fairly early I'd imagine. Still, I'm aiming for one playthrough.

johncalmc

Twitter:

DualWielding

Just Platinum'd Infamous First lIght... Also 100% Kingdom Hears 0.2. Birth By Sleep a Fragmentary Passage dissapointed that one didn't have a Platinum even though it was very short some of the challenges like beating the bosses without taking damage were pretty challenging

PSN: Fertheseeker

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Bioshock 2. I got every trophy in one playthrough except one. My girlfriend thought that was pretty funny. I found it less funny. I didn't manage the trophy for doing a gather without taking a hit. So I started the game again on easy and that was job done pretty quickly.

Now I guess I'm going to try and platinum Bioshock Infinite before Horizon hits.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Splat

Plat #41 Far Cry Primal.

Rudy_Manchego

Just managed to platinum Wolfenstein:The Old Blood. Nice little expansion - my folks got it for me for Christmas for £7 and I put a good few hours into it. Now I need to find something to while away the time till my Horizon pre-order arrives.

Splat

Plat #42 Coffin Dodgers.

You know you have a trophy problem when you take the time to plat this terrible game...

Tasuki

@Splat I never understood why someone would force themselves to play a bad game just to get trophies. It's not like you get something for the number of trophies a person has. Nothing against you it just boggles my mind. The moment I am not having fun for whatever reason I am done with the game finished or not.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

F-racsO

When I first got my PS4 I was planning to platinum every single game I have but I soon realized that there are a lot of games and not enough time. So now I only go for the platinum if I get the majority of the trophies on my first run but I also take into consideration the amount of time it would take me to get the remaining trophies.

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

WiiWareWave

I reached the 500 trophy milestone this weekend! I'm currently trying to platinum Trails of Cold Steel II. I also reached trophy level 9 this weekend and am already 14% of the way towards the next level!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Splat

@Tasuki - To be fair I'm just killing time till Horizon comes out and it was a super easy Plat.

ellsworth004

I've been wondering this for awhile and finally thought to ask this question. Why do alot of games not have plat trophies. Seems to me that this would be the easiest trophy to come up with, pretty much just get all trophies to get plat, right? Seems like every game would have it.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just platinumed Nioh! Boy that was a satisfying one!
Now to finally direct all my attention to Horizon. I stop-started that game twice already. Feel like I'm doing it a disservice. Just didn't think Nioh would be one of my games of this generation.
Sure is a great time to be a (PS) gamer!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

ellsworth004

@Fight_Teza_Fight nice I just picked that up and horizon this weekend. Trying to play horizon but nioh keeps drawing me back. It has to have one of the deepest combat systems I've ever played, and most fun! It's also pretty hard and lately that what I've been looking for in games.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Fight_Teza_Fight

@ellsworth004 Yh it's brilliant. The level design is immaculate. Really enforces that 'one more go' mentality. Hard to play anything else.
Overall I found it harder than Bloodborne, but the platinum was easier. I still have nightmares from those defilled chalice dungeon bosses...

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic