Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Thrillho Oh, well there you go. It weeded me out and laughed in my face. I took the defeat and ran away / uninstalled it.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Now my interest is piqued! If backlogs were oceans, then mine would be the Atlantic, so hopefully in due time I’ll give it a go. Every now and then I do get a craving for a game that is crazy and obscure, and Kentucky Route Zero sounds like it would fit the bill. And easy trophies to boot! Even better.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution the Trophies aren't necessarily easy. By the looks of the trophy count its either really hard or bugged. 0.1% plat rate on a text game. :/

themcnoisy

I'm currently at 23 Trophies for goat simulator in approximately 6 hours messing around. The upcoming ones are mainly collectibles other than that damn flappy goat minigame, crazy hard, hit 6 score and having attempted that trophy for an hour straight (you need 10) mashing triangle and looking at the trophy log - the rarest trophy in an otherwise straight forward platinum. Hopefully it's not my @Matroska FF7 remake moment in this game. There's a smudge of latency and you need pixel perfect judgement, how annoying!

Thrillho

@themcnoisy I’m joking as it’s sort of neither but both. A perfect encapsulation of the game really!

@Th3solution Kentucky Route Zero is not especially easy for trophies, although it looks like the game was patched yesterday for the glitch. One does require you to replay a chapter and there are a few missable ones. It’s not a game you’d want to use a guide to pick them up either.

But someone else needs to play it so I can talk about it with them!

Thrillho

Matroska

@themcnoisy I'm trying that bloody minigame again now. I just posted this in the FF thread, this is my heart rate after a few attempts. 😫

Untitled

Edit: Just did it at last! What a weight off my shoulders.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

redd214

Finally finished up Dirt Rally 2.0 for Plat 82! Looking forward to whatever they announce next!

redd214

Gremio108

@redd214 Damn, how did you manage to get that daily challenge trophy in the Audi Quattro? I can't get close!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

redd214

@Gremio108 lots and lots of practice. That car is an absolute animal to control and is much different than pretty much all other cars in the game, at times it almost feels broken lol. Use it as much as you can to unlock the upgrades and to get a feel for it as its a very fast/twitchy vehicle.

Also since its a one shot deal its tough to know what course you will be going on since it doesnt show in game. If you go to the site linked below it will tell you what track the challenge is on and I suggest running some time trials to get a feel for it before you try since you only get one chance.

https://dirtrally2.com/community-events

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Gremio108

@redd214 Good tips, thanks. Congratulations on getting that one!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

Recently I've been finding going for the platinum a ton less fun recently. The games in my rotation pretty much for 6 months have had some bad Trophies.

I've got Dreams, RoundGuard, Puyo Puyo Tetris and another few all easily done - but they all have 1 or 2 Trophies when it's just too time consuming. I've mastered them all pretty much and just can't face wasting my life way after the point of fun. Dreams in particular has you recording a particular type of animation for 1 hour and 42 minutes altogether, if it was all the types of animations great but it's not. I like using microchips to automate as it's more efficient.

First World problem of course, easily sorted though and a bit of thought towards the end user would help. RoundGaurd has you finishing it's 3 hour ish campaign 11 times - sometimes with nerfs! Bear in mind it's a rogue like version of peggle so you can die. Completing an indie game 11 times is way over the top, it's good but not a game you would actively finish 11 times in a world before Trophies.

Feel the need to drop a gimme plat to feel better.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Just play games for fun and stop when the fun stops. When a game starts to become chore to play I usually just move on. So what if you miss out on a few trophies?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder Trophies appeal to the old school score chaser in me. From the relief of moving from the xbox to ps4 originally, no pressure from grabbing achievements. Now I want to hit an arbitrary figure of 50 plats and am stuck of 46.

My own worst enemy in that respect. Its like the gambling tag line 'when the fun stops, stop' but just like gambling that's very difficult when you have a trophy on the line. Either getting a platinum or 100% Trophies is a natural moment to move on. Get the game out of the backlog.

Even yesterday Pang adventures (great game BTW we should have 2 player if you fancy it) you have to finish every level of the world tour mode and 3 star every level. There are 99 levels. Of its list one trophy has a 0.1% completion.

themcnoisy

Sorry @KratosMD I was writing my reply at the same time you commented.

I agree, Trophies play on something in my psyche unfortunately. Its not even like I punch the air and start chanting when a trophy pops. I grabbed one in Puyo Tetris I have been attempting since 2017, it popped and I was like, great, what's the next one.

andreoni79

Some games don't have a platinum trophy... Does it depend on Sony?

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

jdv95

what i like about sony exclusives is that there is never a difficulty related trophy in the base trophy list.
you can still get the plat without having to put up with the hardest dificulties.

and to cap it off nicely is that they always add a hard mode trophy for those who want it,later on as a bonus trophy.

jdv95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic