Forums

Topic: The Destiny thread.

Posts 301 to 320 of 381

mrobinson91

I really cannot make my mind up about what to do since this content has come out, I played Destiny just into TDB but then got bored and sold my copy. I can everything up for about £35 which seems like good value for money but I worry about buying it and then finding it boring and not be able to sell it.

It's also frustrating because none of my friends will buy it and one of the things I used to love about playing it was playing it cooperatively. Mmm decisions decisions

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

unionjack3rd

Not played destiny for a while....is it worth picking up again with the combo pack thing (all dlc game and taken King)
The actual story mode on the first game bored me after a bit...plus didn't have a fireteam...

unionjack3rd

BAMozzy

Its certainly worth picking up from my perspective. The story of the Taken King is more interesting and has more cut scenes. depth etc too. Its not as deep as a traditional single player campaign but there is still a lot to do if you want to. Once the story is 'over' it opens up a lot of side quests. The only content that requires you to specifically find others yourself is the Raid - besides there are quite a few here that play and we have a PushSquare group/clan too. Strikes (3 player modes) are match made anyway and everything else can be played Solo. I have thousands of hours invested in the Content so that shows how much game-time can be had from this if you want or enjoy.

The Story though is generally more of an 'introduction' as the game offers a lot more beyond that. Its certainly different to a lot of other games in this genre where you have a traditional campaign and MP. If you go into it expecting something similar to that (i.e. play the campaign and then only have MP and/or co-op to keep playing) then the game may seem disappointing but everything links together - i.e weapons you find can be used in any mode.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Mega-Gazz

Per my other post use the code ARR-RRR-RRR today only, it's the solution to the pirate puzzle. Credit to reddit

Mega-Gazz

mrobinson91

If anyone on here fancies doing missions, strikes, patrols etc feel free to add me at mrobinson91 - happy to use no mic, or mic...whatever you prefer. I'm level 40 light level 228

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

How did the Nightfall go last night? Successful?

I've been playing mostly solo so far, I'm around 290 light now and I see a few of you are the same if not more - I suppose we should have a crack at the raid either next weekend or the one after???

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

Sounds tough...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/09/20/destiny-tip...

“This raid is very mechanic heavy. Bungie has designed every aspect of the raid to not be done alone. All the boss fights require communication. For Warpriest, you need someone to communicate the order of the rune plates, for Golgoroth you need to communicate when you are going to swap focus, for Deathsingers and Oryx you need to communicate between the guy going for the relic and the guys staying on the ground to keep the plates up. The focus on mechanics and execution in the fights may deter people from trying the raid because of the time commitment or the difficulty.”

Quite an interesting comment on the 10 year plan in Edge, too...

In the latest issue of Edge, Bungie community and marketing relations manager Eric ‘Urk’ Osborne reveals a ten-year agreement does exist, but it's not quite what you think: "Those things were so distracting, and not about the experience we were creating," he says in the latest issue of Edge. "It just became the narrative. I mean, I drive a Honda Civic. I don’t know about $500 million. A ten-year plan? It’s a ten-year partnership agreement. It has nothing to do with the development of the game proper. To think that somehow, before Destiny had shipped, we had some ten-year plan written down somewhere? It’s comical. We allowed the narrative to get constructed that Bungie is just a corporate entity and not a bunch of humans, a collection of people who are just trying to make a really great game."

Language -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

kyleforrester87

Victor_Meldrew

@kyleforrester87 the nightfall was pretty easy at the end, I quite like running around in the dark firing off my pink fusion spawls

Victor_Meldrew

kyleforrester87

@Bad-MuthaAdebisi: I really like all the new strikes, but I aint sure about that boss battle. I thought there would be a way to light the room up or something, just seems a bit odd running around in the dark :S

What did you get for completing it?

kyleforrester87

Victor_Meldrew

@kyleforrester87 an exotic hunter helmet, it's pants but it adds to the collection. ShogunRok got bleedin' Hawkmoon, Taimedowne got 11 strange coins, that was funny

Victor_Meldrew

Its_badW0lf

I've completed the nightfall myself as well, felt it was quite easy actually, the damn Rasputing mission on Heroic Vanguard is still the worst pain in the arse. Light level 290, finally, some great exotics.

I was keeping an eye on some raid guides yesterday by the brave souls who ventured into it on the 18th, and it looks quite doable.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRF4Lqzg_zxogiJQCU9nHE...

Also have a peek at what SmileB4Death is doing, using relics and the platform mechanics. I think we can do this, with some folk at 290+, the strategy is clear enough.

You and what army?

PSN: its_badW0lf

kyleforrester87

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: Havn't seen you playing, missed you

I kinda want to stay away from guides for the new raid, as I loved VoG as I had no idea what to expect. Was kinda fun being led through it. VoG is definitely my favourite location. Having said that I appreciate we'll probably need to check some guides if we've much hope of actually getting it done, so I guess I'm gunna fold. Will have a look later.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Its_badW0lf

@kyleforrester87: I was on laaaaate. Too much to do at work. But hit me up whenever, I haven't done a thing from The Court for example. Looking forward to that.

Well, I looked once. I like doing that for something like this you look once, you get the gist so you can actually have some fun and then you try it out. By then I'll have a vague idea of what needs to be done.

So yeah, if one of us knows whats going on we will be fine. how are you folks doing? If anyone above 280 wants to get the nightfall done, drop me a line whenever. or even help with the Strikes Playlist, get a 6 man team up to 290+ and even if we can't finish the raid we get drops right?

Lets give it a go this weekend.

You and what army?

kyleforrester87

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: May well be down for nightfall tonight depending how my evening pans out. Happy to give the new raid a shot this weekend but I don't expect to be able to complete it until we're all around 295. I'm at 290. Happy to run upto a check point though.

kyleforrester87

Its_badW0lf

@kyleforrester87: Heard that most people started it out at around 290-292 and ended up in 195+-300, so it may even be a matter of getting stronger as you go along.

We'll see.

You and what army?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.