Forums

Topic: The Destiny thread.

Posts 281 to 300 of 381

Scollurio

nathanSF wrote:

The Digital US Dollar price for Taken King is $39.99. In English money, that translates as £25.42. But is this what we pay in the UK? Hell no! The UK price is £39.99 UK. in American Money that's $62.96. So In English money we are paying £14.90 ($22.97) more for the same thing.

Watch the language -Tasuki-

Welcome to the wonderful world of economics. This is an old hat.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Scollurio

An update file. On launchday. Even the preparation to download takes forever. Oh boy I should've known better.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

BAMozzy

Scollurio wrote:

An update file. On launchday. Even the preparation to download takes forever. Oh boy I should've known better.

Its a very small update - and its just to ensure the emblems and yr1 bonuses work properly

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Scollurio

Yeah thanks, I noticed, been playing a bit already and I gotta say: Wow. If Destiny launched this way, they could've avoided lots of their negative press. I'm even gradually pulling my old mates back into it. I mean... it's still Destiny, you still gotta go grinding and its lots and lots of the same already, but it's so highly polished, the cutscenes and all the characters within shine with personality, even though some things are clishee, I still like it.

I just wish we could have gotten the original vision of the story that was canned prior to the release. This now is "good" but it could have been the next big space opera epic!

#supportindies

kyleforrester87

@Scollurio: Does it feel markedly different then? More of the same works for me but it's interesting your impression has been changed so much so quickly.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Victor_Meldrew

Small update? WTF, my system is downloading 17.663 GB, ....AGAIN!!! Effin piece of crud. 71 hours left? Get the ..... out. I want to throw the PS4 out the window.

Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

Anyone else has issues, the bungie forumbis starting to get peeved, I deleted the 17gb download and checked for update again, it the took 15 minutes to prepare for a 15 second download, game is now working!

Victor_Meldrew

NathanUC

I'm tempted to load it back up. I don't think I've played since the first week it launched, but it seems like MAYBE the new bundle is a deal worthy of the price. I'm really glad they replaced the level up system with experience rather than light, but I hope it's not still SUPER dependent on light.

RNG to level up was the #1 reason I stopped playing and hadn't recommended it. I think I only got level 26 after 30 hours or so of playing.. but at least HALF of that was getting 20-26 because of the stupid RNG. Either I was getting drops for the wrong class, or I wasn't getting them at all It was also dumb how easily 1 level difference made some of the content.. This is probably still the case, but I'm hoping it's more skill based rather than level/gear dependent.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Victor_Meldrew

I've been messing about for a couple of hours and jumped up 2 XP levels, ranking up 3 vendor reps a d getting a bunch of reward drops I've already got half a dozen year 2 legendary gear, its lookin peachy, also engrams are dropping like crazy,maybe most are rubbish but master rahool is having a picnic

Victor_Meldrew

Scollurio

To answer your questions about how it is and stuff... well it is still Destiny, content of Year 1 is unchanged and you're still going to visit the same places OVER and OVER again. BUT... for the Taken King parts you really have a nice narrative and a story, nice cutscenes and generally the world feels more alive and if you want it, there's some more background info about the lore hidden in conversations and such. Also the new weapons pack a punch and sound awesome to boot. New PVP modes are a nice addition as well (although I'm not that much into PVP) and the new strikes generally are nice too except one, where you have to fight a bunch of stuff in a pitch black claustrophobic arena. I loved Destiny BEFORE I got it, got majorly disappointed WHEN I got it and now I'm back in it just because I have nothing to scratch that "sci fi shooter itch". That said I'm enjoying my time but I'd say THIS, NOW is Destiny 1.0 and year one was a beta. If you HATED Destiny, this won't change your opinion, if you liked it but ultimately were disappointed by the lack of content, narrative and "change of pace" THIS is for you. It rights many wrongs of the original game while still maintaining the grindwheel. If I had to rate it, I'd go with the following:

How I thought Destiny would be prior to release:
10/10

How I ended up enjoying Destiny after it's release:
a short while 8/10 then after I've seen everything 5/10 really quickly

Destiny after House of Wolves and Dark Below:
6/10

Destiny after 2.0 patch and Taken King Content:
8/10

According to this next year around this time they either can Destiny 1 completely and throw us Destiny 2 or it will be somewhat close to the game they made us believe we'd be getting after all the pre-release trailers and hype!

#supportindies

NathanUC

@Scollurio: I re-installed it last night and did a couple of missions, but still can't get into it. I didn't buy the expansion (because I couldn't unless I buy the other two....), so I guess I'm not sure what I expected. I do like the new level system and I do like the new voice actor.

I still feel like I paid $60 for a demo, and I'm annoyed that if I wanted to buy the new expansion, I'd have to spend another $60. This game just isn't for me.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

sub12

Really enjoying The Taken King so far, kudos to Bungie for turning it around with all the improvements.....it does feel fresh again. I feel like it's in vogue right now to hate on Destiny, but really, from a basic mechanics standpoint, you can't do any better IMO.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

teknium_

Has anyone experienced/heard of the issue where there are 2 accounts on one ps4 and the secondary account holder cant access the taken king?...ive shared it from my sons ps4 to mine without any issues

teknium_

Unashamed_116

Hey everyone! I had Destiny when it first came out, but I eventually got bored and traded it in. I was thinking about getting the physical edition of the Taken King, which comes with the base game + all expansions, but my internet isn't great here. Does anyone know if I get this physical version, will I still have to download the 20GB patch that recently came out? Or will it be all up to date?

This is the version I'm looking at, for the record.
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/ps4/destin...

I live in Australia, but I'm pretty sure it's the same edition worldwide.

Unashamed_116

kyleforrester87

@Unashamed_116: I'm gunna go out on a limb and say you'll still need that big old 20gb update. From what I gather the physical taken king is simply vanilla Destiny along with a TKK download code.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

tatsumi

Still unsure if I want to buy it.
I enjoy the gunplay and the world in Destiny. But I was terribly disappointed by the missing story and matchmaking for raids. All MMORPGs I am playing have Raid matchmaking for people with too much real-life like me. I don't care playing with morons in a team, as long as I can enjoy some content at all.

It appears Destiny has at least added some story elements into the game and I hope with another year of time they can get more out of that story telling.
What about matchmaking in TTK? If TTK has matchmaking for Raids, it would be an instant buy for me.

tatsumi

ShogunRok

@tatsumi No matchmaking for Raids, I'm afraid. It's like you say - teaming up with randoms, especially those without mics, would make them near impossible to begin with.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.