Forums

Topic: The Destiny thread.

Posts 221 to 240 of 381

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy wrote:

I need shards to upgrade my stuff. If anyone knows a time light way to get them let me know. Then I will join in on the raid..

Hmm I managed VOG with a blue primary weapon and no fully upgraded legendary armour, I'm better equipped now but I don't think you'll need everything maxed for Crota?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Weskerb

themcnoisy wrote:

I need shards to upgrade my stuff. If anyone knows a time light way to get them let me know. Then I will join in on the raid..

Do the dailys, and bump the difficulty up to hard.

Edited on by Weskerb

Weskerb

Weskerb

kyleforrester87 wrote:

themcnoisy wrote:

Hmm I managed VOG with a blue primary weapon and no fully upgraded legendary armour, I'm better equipped now but I don't think you'll need everything maxed for Crota?

I think we'll need mostly level 30s or above for Crota's End.

Edited on by Weskerb

Weskerb

kyleforrester87

Wesker wrote:

kyleforrester87 wrote:

themcnoisy wrote:

I think we'll need mostly level 30s or above for Crota's End.

Yeah I think so. I don't think we'll need fully maxed gear though and shards only tend to be used for the final upgrades on each piece I think?

kyleforrester87

Jaz007

So I've been looking at the Destiny lore, and it's pretty interesting. I think Destiny's story could be really cool if fixed. I think they need to change something about their approach though. I don't like how big of a role your guardian seems to play in the story. You're doing these amazing things, yet there are so many other guardians. Why are you special? It just disconnects you from immersion. I mean, when you're supposed to be re-opening the moon, and you see ten other guardian, it feels off. I think they should have you play a smaller role, one in an army of guardians. I think that's the only way to really capture the potential of the world and MMO nature of the game with the story. I don't mean you shouldn't do important things, but I feel like you should play a part rather than do the whole thing yourself (or with your fireteam) like you're somehow Rambo among all these guardians.

Jaz007

kyleforrester87

Jaz007 wrote:

So I've been looking at the Destiny lore, and it's pretty interesting. I think Destiny's story could be really cool if fixed. I think they need to change something about their approach though. I don't like how big of a role your guardian seems to play in the story. You're doing these amazing things, yet there are so many other guardians. Why are you special? It just disconnects you from immersion. I mean, when you're supposed to be re-opening the moon, and you see ten other guardian, it feels off. I think they should have you play a smaller role, one in an army of guardians. I think that's the only way to really capture the potential of the world and MMO nature of the game with the story. I don't mean you shouldn't do important things, but I feel like you should play a part rather than do the whole thing yourself (or with your fireteam) like you're somehow Rambo among all these guardians.

I don't mind being made to feel like the main character even though there are tons of other guardians doing the same things. I understand the lore outside of the game is pretty awesome, but as many have others have said, it's just crazy there is no way to access this in game, from an archive or whatever.

kyleforrester87

Jaz007

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I don't mind being made to feel like the main character even though there are tons of other guardians doing the same things. I understand the lore outside of the game is pretty awesome, but as many have others have said, it's just crazy there is no way to access this in game, from an archive or whatever.

Agreed about the access. There really is no excuse. For a while I had no intention of ever looking at them because of it. I just did signed up on the website so I could see how many hours I've put into it, and ended took a look at the cards. Not to mention it would just be cool to look at them in a library.

Jaz007

BAMozzy

I wonder if the lack of accessing the Grimoire cards from console is down to the fact this was a multi-generation title and it would have had a detrimental impact on the last gen versions if they included them.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Jaz007

BAMozzy wrote:

I wonder if the lack of accessing the Grimoire cards from console is down to the fact this was a multi-generation title and it would have had a detrimental impact on the last gen versions if they included them.

How? The PS2 could do something like that with no issues. Heck, the PS1 could probably do it without issues too.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

kyleforrester87

BAMozzy wrote:

Not sure I understand what you mean?

kyleforrester87

BAMozzy

kyleforrester87 wrote:

BAMozzy wrote:

If they had to put in all that information on top of the game on disc then it could have impacted on the overall quality of the visuals or had some negative impact on the last gen versions in some way. It may have taken away from the resources or meant putting it out on 2 discs (XB360 with its DVD drive) Its also not that significant over all and probably not read by that many people. I only ever looked to see how many more kills etc I needed to get to Tier 3.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

themcnoisy

BAMozzy wrote:

kyleforrester87 wrote:

BAMozzy wrote:

If they had to put in all that information on top of the game on disc then it could have impacted on the overall quality of the visuals or had some negative impact on the last gen versions in some way. It may have taken away from the resources or meant putting it out on 2 discs (XB360 with its DVD drive) Its also not that significant over all and probably not read by that many people. I only ever looked to see how many more kills etc I needed to get to Tier 3.

Bungie have been doing this for years with the halo games, you unlocked different gear and avatar stuff by accessing the webpage were varying achievements not in the game built up your web page level. There was a companion xbox app. Halo got a free pass as it was a gimmick and a half decent one for building a community, including forums, red vs blue videos, featured players, speed runs etc. They have taken it to another level with destiny and for all the wrong reasons. The cards are linked to collection (kill x amount of x with x) but rather Tha getting new gear we get a bit of backstory.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

themcnoisy wrote:

Bungie have been doing this for years with the halo games, you unlocked different gear and avatar stuff by accessing the webpage were varying achievements not in the game built up your web page level. There was a companion xbox app. Halo got a free pass as it was a gimmick and a half decent one for building a community, including forums, red vs blue videos, featured players, speed runs etc. They have taken it to another level with destiny and for all the wrong reasons. The cards are linked to collection (kill x amount of x with x) but rather Tha getting new gear we get a bit of backstory.

yeah - I know - I have every Halo game from the original Halo: CE on the original xbox - in fact the only Halo game I don't own is Halo Wars but that wasn't made by Bungie and was an RTS spin off anyway. I was on Waypoint but have never really enjoyed the MP so not something I frequented.

Most of the cards though are particularly boring and for those that want to delve deeper into the make believe world they have created rather than bring the game down with it so put it on cards for those. I do think they could have included most of the text in game (for example the stuff about exotic weapons) but like I said that is extra space (albeit slight but it all adds up) that may be used to help with these big areas on last gen achieve a better visual presentation - especially on the 360 with its DVD based disc drive.

I do think it would be nice to have access to a stats page in game linked to the 'bonuses' - like kills with weapon types, kills in areas, enemy type kills etc. It would easier to see your progress towards these but I don't necessarily think that the cards are needed themselves. I doubt many people would or have actually read them anyway but skip to the stats

Victor_Meldrew

Anyone been having trouble logging in, every time I log in now I have to do it twice, its not regular, its every single time?

Victor_Meldrew

Jaz007

Bad-MuthaAdebisi wrote:

Anyone been having trouble logging in, every time I log in now I have to do it twice, its not regular, its every single time?

It's only happened occasionally for me, but I have the same problems sometimes.

Jaz007

NicolaHayden

Bad-MuthaAdebisi wrote:

I have been having this problem for about two weeks now.

Games Editor - Push Square

PSN: Ukfujoshi | Twitter:

Victor_Meldrew

Must be a patch on the way, its ridiculous, my connection is very good so it has to be some weird bungie/psn tinternets issue. Its a real waste of time.

Victor_Meldrew

Jaz007

I've played some House of Wolves, and I have to say, it's pretty good. The upgrade system is good, and Prison of Elders is a lot of fun. There are some issues though, the fact that there is only matchmaking for Lv. 28 PoE is full r****d (we're not supposed to say that uncensored here right? I'm not sure since the rules are a bit more lax than Nlife) and a little insulting to be honest. I can't understand why they would do it. I think there are Lv. 34s soloing it above Lv. 28 too, so yeah... I'm also ticked off that Trials of Osiris doesn't have matchmaking either. They should just put teams that aren't in a fireteam together to make it balanced.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 you in for the raid on Tuesday? Starts at 8pm BST.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy Sorry, but I'm allowed to play online with strangers. I do wish I could join though. Edit: I meant voice chat.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.