Forums

Topic: Tea-Leaf Reading, No Spam Involved

Posts 101 to 119 of 119

Kidfried

To help you on your way:

Sony...

• What will be shown regarding Death Stranding?
    Which of these Sony games will we see: TLOU2, Ghost, Days Gone?
  • What will the announcement be regarding Dreams?

Rumours...

• Will there be a new Alien game?
  • Will there be a new MK?
  • Will Rocksteady announce its new game? And what could it be?
  • Will a Harry Potter game be announced?

Misc...

• Will we see any new IP?
  • Will any unannounced DLC be announced?
  • Of what games at last year's TGA are we going to see more of?

Competition...

• Will there be a new Switch exclusove announced?
  • Will Metroid 4 be at TGA?
  • How many Xbox/PC exclusives do you think will we see?

... And

• Final prediction?

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Octane

What will be shown regarding Death Stranding?
Another story/gameplay trailer with a new character.
Ghost of Tsushima.
What will the announcement be regarding Dreams?
Beta shadow drop.

Will there be a new Alien game?
Yes.
Will there be a new MK?
Mortal Kombat? No.
Will Rocksteady announce its new game? And what could it be?
No.
Will a Harry Potter game be announced?
No.

Will we see any new IP?
Yes.
Will any unannounced DLC be announced?
Yes.
Of what games at last year's TGA are we going to see more of?
Announced last year? None.

Will there be a new Switch exclusive announced?
Yes.
Will Metroid 4 be at TGA?
No.
How many Xbox/PC exclusives do you think will we see?
Two.

Final prediction?
Knack 3 baby!

Octane

RogerRoger

Sony...

• ...will show us a new trailer of Death Stranding, which will start off introducing another bizarre, nightmarish feature and end with a release date.
  • ...will show a brief compilation of other forthcoming games, including new footage from The Last of Us II, Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone, as well as a few new things we haven't seen yet; their main focus will be Death Stranding, however.
  • ...will announce the release date for Dreams as May 2019.

Rumours...

• ...about Alien: Blackout will be proven correct.
  • ...suggesting that RogerRoger doesn't know what "MK" stands for will be spot-on.
  • ...about Rocksteady won't be proven; they'll be a no-show.
  • ...about that new Harry Potter MMORPG will not be confirmed nor denied.

Will we see any new IP?
Oh, for sure. Aside from whatever Sony want to hint at, there'll be a good few reveals for smaller titles and indie games, as well as something from Microsoft to tide over XboxONE owners.

Might get a release date for the second episode of Life is Strange 2, otherwise... hmm, maybe another episode or two for Spider-Man? I don't know too much about the development diaries and past statements regarding that, though, so I could already be wrong. IO might wanna detail what's coming in the first Hitman 2 expansion pack to drum up business.

Alas, I didn't watch last year's ceremony, so I get confused about what trailer debuted where. I'll stand back and watch others nail this one.

The Competition...

• ...will announce a new Switch exclusive, but it won't be any of the major names like Mario or Zelda or anything. It'll also be predictably adorable.
  • ...will reveal a little more about Metroid 4, but emphasis on the "little".
  • ...will throw XboxONE owners a bone, as previously guessed.

Final Prediction
Geoff Keighley will continue to annoy and / or creep the heck out of me, for no discernible and / or quantifiable reason (sorry Geoff, I'm sure you're a lovely guy, really).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Sony...

What will be shown regarding Death Stranding?
A release date

None

What will the announcement be regarding Dreams?
Beta shadow drop

Will there be a new Alien game?
Yes

Will there be a new MK?
Yes, MK11.

Will Rocksteady announce its new game? And what could it be?
The Superman game

Will a Harry Potter game be announced?
Yes

Misc...

Will we see any new IP?
Tricky guess: No

No

The Egypt game and Witchfire will be back hopefully

Will there be a new Switch exclusive announced?
No

Will Metroid 4 be at TGA?
Yes, and steal the show for Nintendo fans

How many Xbox/PC exclusives do you think will we see?
ZERO.

... And

Final prediction?
We'll see what Bluepoint has been working on for the last year

Kidfried

AdamNovice

Sony:
Death Stranding will get a new trailer showcasing a new character played by another celebrity.
Days Gone will get a brief story trailer (more a remember this is coming out trailer)
Dreams will get a beta trailer, coming the week after. No full release date.
And Sony will reveal a new VR game.

Alien Blackout announced, it'll be a MP focused shooter set on an earth overtook by the xenomorph. Think more along the lines of Left 4 Dead or Evolve. Hideo Kojima is a creative consultant.

Rocksteady's new game is revealed to be Superman but we'll only get the briefest teases.

Mortal Kombat 11 is announced but again only teasing.
To tide people over, a Remaster of MK 1-3 announced coming early 2019

At least three indie studios will announce new games, probably new IPs too.

Battlefield V's Battle Royale mode will be shown

Seikro will get a new trailer.

As will Bayonetta 3.

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

NecuVise

Death Stranding will get another trailer which noone except Kojima will understand, Obsidian, Rocksteady and Warner Bros game reveals. Maybe ubisoft reveals splinter cell if that's really in the making. Besides that I have no expectations.

Is there a Livestream for this event? What time is it?

NecuVise

Kidfried

@NecuVise Also, there is a 100% chance Push Square will have a live stream embedded with a liveblog and live chat.

Kidfried

NecuVise

@Kidfried thanks! Now just need to find out if time suits me. How long does it take usually?

NecuVise

Kidfried

@NecuVise It's really late for us Europeans, and it takes way too long. That's what I remember from last year. Still the coverage, community here and some of the reveals made staying up worth it.

Unfortunately I might not be able to be there live this year, as I'll be staying in a hostel in Belgium next weekend. I might just put on headphones and watch it in my bunk bed, but I might also be in town drinking beers.

Kidfried

NecuVise

@Kidfried in that case I'll just watch trailers in the morning. Thank you for informing me.

NecuVise

KALofKRYPTON

Latest (and most likely) Rocksteady rumour is that it'll be a an online free to play Justice League game 🙄

If that's true, it's like they want to out do Blizzard's Diablo Immortal reveal! 😂

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Oh, please don't be true. PLEASE don't be true.

Rocksteady are industry leaders when it comes to compelling story-driven single player games. Don't let them fall prey to flash-in-the-pan gimmicks and stockholder boardroom demands.

Now I'm nervous.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

@RogerRoger They're owned by WB, so not too far fetched. The only thing that's questionable is the ''free'' part, I bet ya it's going to be a full priced game regardless of what it is, like Fallout 76

I believe it when I see it though.

Octane

RogerRoger

@Octane I know. The reason I'm worried is because it's actually more plausible than all the other, far better and more interesting rumours we've heard.

And I agree; it'll be full price, whatever it is. With about six different editions.

What does give me a little hope, however, is that Rocksteady have been pretty open about the fact that they've been working on their next game for years, not months, and so with luck it won't be some kind of Fallout 76 slapdash cash-grabbing nightmare.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @Octane It is said that it'll be squarely positioned the 'games as a service' space.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON games as a service is such a broad space though, it can be anything from a free to play game full of lootboxes or microtransactions to a full blown single player game that is constantly updated via DLC ala anything from Batlefront 2 to FFXV

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
We'll have to wait and see I guess.

As I say, online free to play is the word.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.