Forums

Topic: Street Fighter V OT Dojo

Posts 201 to 220 of 224

ralphdibny

@Feena I might just do some serious research, it's one of those games that will go on the back burner for a while anyway due to a huge backlog. I like to complete games and the way I "complete" fighting games is by doing arcade with all the characters and getting all their endings and also playing the story mode if there is one. Sort of started doing all the street fighter games beginning with street fighter 2 (have two characters left on that to beat it with so I have a good old way before I get to street fighter v😅)

@WanderingBullet are the weekly costumes not unlockable in any other way than playing every week? Have any been lost to time by not being made available more than once?

See ya!

WanderingBullet

@ralphdibny It's a limited time event thing but sometimes they'll bring back old costumes.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

ralphdibny

@WanderingBullet fair enough cheers

I think I'm Gona wait for all content to be released (unless I impulse buy it), thanks for the info peeps!

See ya!

Nei

Lmao scary

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Nei

A new balance patch (including new trials) and the new V-skills for each character have been released as a free update for SFV - Gill has also been released along with his stage.

Seth (SF4’s boss) was also revealed as the 40th character in a new female body...the trailer for Seth is incredible, it seems it “they” can steal the opponent’s move kinda like Kirby. Seth will be released on February 14.

Now the “Champion Edition” branding makes full sense as they made all SF bosses playable like they did with the four kings in SF2 Champion Edition

Edited on by Nei

AdamNovice

@Feena Never liked Seth in SFIV cos I always find characters that copy moves to be a bit lazy but at least now it looks like they have updated him/her in a more unique way. Wonder if it's the final character now, will be a shame since I was hoping C Viper, Q and Hugo would get added.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Nei

@AdamNovice I have always found Seth meh but this new version seem very unique and more striking than the original. Hoping for Rose, Oro, C.Viper, Makoto and Fei Long as they would translate very well into V!

AdamNovice

Four new fighters announced!
Dan
Rose
Oro
and Akira from Rival Schools.
Sadly this content will take a long while, Dan in winter 2020.
Rose in Spring 2021, Oro and Akira summer 2021 and the final character in Fall 2021.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

nessisonett

@AdamNovice That’s a good bunch although considering IV was the last game I played, it seems mad that Dan’s only coming now. What on Earth was their DLC strategy?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

AdamNovice

@nessisonett Season 2 was baffling in just being all new characters apart from Akuma cos it came at a time when SFV needed fans back on board.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

AdamNovice

@nessisonett Also never mind their DLC you should see how the got made. Matt Mcmuscles just released a video about it. SFV was meant to be a next gen launch game and was been developed by the company that made Capcom's CGI trailers (because they couldn't agree term with SFIV devs Dimps). It was to have a more photo realistic artsyle and some big character redesigns, but the game was janky as hell so Capcom pulled the plug, went back to Dimps and got additional funding from Sony in exchange for console exclusivity. It goes a long way to explain why SFV had so little content at launch.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

nessisonett

@AdamNovice I’ve avoided it for years just because it looked unfinished to me. Now it’s on PS Now I‘ll probably check it out. I just don’t think Street Fighter III has been beaten yet, I prefer it to II!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Nei

@nessisonett we can spar when you want! SFV is a good game despite the slow start...but yes 3 is still King

Tasuki

So quick question. I downloaded Street Fighter V cause it's free with PS+ but when I started a game I noticed several characters and stages locked asking for me to buy stuff. I am confused I thought arcade mode you got everything included?? So what's going on here?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Nei

@Tasuki it’s the vanilla version of the game. You have all the new modes and moves of the latest update as those are all free updates but just the original 16 characters are unlocked from the start. You can earn fight money in various modes to unlock any characters you like but I think they really should have given at least “arcade edition” with PSplus so you would start with 12 more characters unlocked

Edited on by Nei

ralphdibny

Im still planning to buy a complete version if/when it comes out, but based on the most recent complete version, what should fight money be spent on in this ps plus release so as to not double dip stuff that would be included in the price of a complete version?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense lol, I think I'm asking what can you buy with fight money that's not included off the bat with the most recent edition which I believe was released in January under the title championship edition

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny The cynic in me thinks it will be when the Ultimate edition comes out on PS5.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder I wouldn't be surprised, even the ultimate SFiv for PS4 had dlc though I believe it was seasonal costumes

See ya!

Tasuki

Well that certainly sucks. I read somewhere maybe here that it was the full Arcade Version with everyone unlocked. Should have guess that Sony and Capcom wouldn't have been that generous. Guess I will be deleting this P.O.S.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.