Forums

Topic: Star Wars Battlefront II --OT--

Posts 181 to 200 of 203

Elodin

Finally got my "Kenobi!" Scream emote. I got it early but said it was corrupted and I needed to try again. Plus everytime I turned the game on they reminded me. "Sorry, your reward is corrupted. Please see your reward screen or try again." Finally worked though after a second run at Felucia capturing 15 nodes.

Elodin

RogerRoger

@Elodin Glad you finally got it, although sorry it was so difficult to get working!

I downloaded the epic Celebration Edition patch yesterday and am thinking I'll give it a play this weekend, what with all the hype for the new film.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Elodin

@RogerRoger nice! Hope you have fun with another run through it. Can't wait for the new movie. I'm taking my wife and kids to see it on xmas day.

Elodin

RogerRoger

@Elodin Methinks you'll have a good Christmas! Enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Picked this up in a sale months ago, and just started it up recently (mostly for the single player campaign). Just finished the 4th mission, where as Luke, you end up helping out one of the Imperial Special Forces guys destroy one of the Emperor's observatories.

For first impressions, it looks lovely (it seems to nail the vibe too, even with the sound effects), on foot shooting gameplay is solid (though I've played better), space battles are fantastic, playing as Luke was a fun novelty but the control scheme/game mechanics are obviously built around shooting though, so he felt a bit off, and it's a bit glitchy (I've seen enemies in walls, and I once fell through the level as it hadn't finished loading).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Glad you're having a (mostly) good time with it thusfar! The campaign was always a bit of an afterthought, alas, cobbled together to satisfy those who complained one was missing in the previous game. It's at its best when you're following Iden and the rest of Inferno Squadron; the novelty inserts, like Luke's mission, betray how the gameplay was designed for multiplayer first and foremost. There's still a good eight-to-ten hours of fun to be found, particularly if you've downloaded and installed all the patches which, amongst other things, add a three-part "Resurrection" epilogue.

Can't say I recall it ever being really buggy or glitchy, though. Are you playing on a base PS4, or a PS4 Pro? Perhaps the campaign is creaking under the weight of all the extra multiplayer content they've been adding over the past couple years. Hope you don't encounter too many more!

Spent a lot of time with Battlefront II yesterday and today, mainly to check out some of the new game modes and content from The Rise of Skywalker. It's being released piecemeal so, for now, the new Ajan Kloss map is only available in Heroes Vs. Villains and the Co-Op Mode (it'll be coming to Capital Supremacy in January, along with other sequel trilogy planets and the arrival of the new heroes, BB-8 and BB-9e).

After playing a dozen Heroes Vs. Villains matches, I couldn't find it in any rotation (not helped by the fact that the Republic and Separatist capital ship interiors have been added in recently) so I bit the bullet and, loner that I am, decided to try the Co-Op Mode via randomised matchmaking.

I'm so glad I did. Co-Op Mode is amazing fun.

Somewhere between classic Battlefront gameplay and the new story-driven, objective-based approach, you and three other players fight against A.I. opponents to capture or defend a series of command posts. Across multiple waves, you'll gradually whittle these down from four to one, pushing forward (or retreating back) across the map as you're fed encouragement and instructions from your era's captain. The A.I. are tough, with their aggressiveness dialled way up to counter against the potential for co-ordinated human players. Since I was playing with random folk, we were a... let's say, a less-than-cohesive unit but, more than half the time, we got the job done. I can only imagine that, with friends on headsets, it'd be much easier to achieve victory.

You can pick your era (prequels or sequels only thusfar, but there's space on the menu for the original trilogy to join in later) and preferred allegiance, or just search for any game with a space for you. It's fast, frantic fun and best of all, it all counts as a multiplayer mode, so your dominance against computer-controlled enemies counts towards your levelling and unlocks. I got my Assault Class up to 82, all others up to 30, the new Sith Trooper up to 16 and even Anakin up to 22. Would've taken me hours to achieve that kinda progress across the other game modes.

Ajan Kloss is a cool map. At first glance, it's just another jungle planet (because goodness only knows, we haven't got enough of them in the game) but things progress nicely as you push through and find that half of it is actually a series of caves, the largest of which houses a full-sized Corellian Corvette. There are other planets from The Rise of Skywalker that I'd have chosen to represent first, but this one'll do nicely.

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, I'm playing it on a slim model PS4. Hasn't been anything too bad, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RogerRoger

@RR529 Ah, okay, that's interesting; thanks for letting me know. Do you think you'll try any of the multiplayer stuff, or are you just here for the campaign?

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, I might dabble in it, but to be honest there seems to be so much going on in the main menu that it's all a bit intimidating, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RogerRoger

@RR529 If you do ever feel the desire to jump in, but don't quite know where, let me know. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction for the best start / selection.

Making It So Since 1987

JJ2

Man this game so many people hated on to no end doesn't stop giving. The next update sounds great I may have to re re install it again.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

KALofKRYPTON

@JJ2 Just read the patch notes. Quite a lot going on!

Still no fix for Starfighter Assault (Arcade) though...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Elodin

While I thought bb8 as a Hero a joke, after a few turns as bb8 I like playing the droids. It creates a different style and change of pace. The new weapon additions are nice too.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

RogerRoger

@Elodin I've yet to return and give the Hero droids a try, but I was waiting for everything to settle back down as I knew there'd be major updates until the end of March (when they're adding Scarif back in). Glad to hear they're not a silly comedy option like I'd feared, thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@RogerRoger I just started up Battlefront 2 and you're right. It's been made into a fine game. The firefights, the scale, the different classes, the atmosphere and audio, it's all a pretty good so far. I'm glad the game got fixed because it seems like a much more appropriate Battlefront revival now. Thanks for the recommendation!

Jaz007

Th3solution

I tried this for the first time today and dropped into a match just to see how it was and it was a cluster. Not the game, mind you, but my abilites.
The game is really deep and for those of us not into FPS it’s quite intimidating with all the choices. I need a tutorial mode.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Well, everything. Lol, I’m not much into online shooters.

I need to start with the controls. Obviously I know how to aim and shoot, but each class has different skills, and the loadout options are always intimidating. There is just a lot of options. I played as an assault person (I think it’s called) as that seemed a good place to start. But besides running, aiming, and shooting, I was pretty lost. People were flying on jet packs, Kylo Ren was flying through the air cutting me down a couple times, I accidentally threw a grenade in the midst of my team because I didn’t know what buttons to push, etc. It was rough.

I need to play the campaign is what I need to do. I was just messing around though and tried a random online game to see how I fared.

I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it, but this is my issue with online MP competitive games — there are a core group of players that just play hundreds and hundreds of hours online and have every perk and their skill is way higher too and so us noobs have a hard time fitting in. We’re just fodder for the really good people. And I would rather play other games than spend my life getting good at just one game so that I can torch everyone online.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LieutenantFatman

@Th3solution
There are all sorts of tutorials if you go into single player. The arcade mode shows you how to use each individual hero character and the story campaign does teach you quite a bit about how different parts of the game work.

It does, as you say, require you to spend a fair amount of time with the game though. And there's no getting past the vet players who are perked up to the eyeballs with the best abilities unfortunately. For some reason, the game has been designed to give them an unfair advantage over new players.

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

@LieutenantFatman @Jaz007 I saw plenty of people running headfirst into danger and dying quickly too, so I wasn’t alone in my ineptitude. Now is a good time to be a novice at the game since a slew of new players are trying it out like me. I assume COD WW2 is the same, so I downloaded that too to try it out, if I can tolerate that much first person shooting.

But thanks, I definitely will go to the single player modes first and get by legs under me before I totally give up on the game. Because the actual game itself looks mighty good. I’m really impressed with the overall quality, graphics, and the “feel” of shooting the guns felt awesome.

I browsed the character and was pretty blown away at the sheer number they appear to be playable. Sure there are plenty “generic rebel soldier” and “vanilla stormtrooper” looking characters, but it’s nice to see character from all 3 trilogies. I even saw that there is a playable Rey Skywalker with her yellow/gold lightsaber which showed an update for the end of Rise of Skywalker. There were a few notable omissions, like Poe Dameron and an older Alec Guinness style Obi Wan would have been sweet to have. Also looked but didn’t see The Mandalorian, which would have also set my geek reaction on overload. Perhaps there are more unlockable characters?

Also, the Star Card system is still a little confusing to me, but maybe that is better explained in the solo modes. Basically the extent of the tutorial was “You have a Star Card. Use this to upgrade your abilities. It will apply to all characters of the class and will replace or upgrade one of your skills.” Not knowing if this is a permanent upgrade or whether these cards can be shifted around, I waited to use it. I get the impression that these are scarce and once used are gone forever, so I need to use it wisely, which I definitely am not wise enough right now.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.