Forums

Topic: Star Wars Battlefront II --OT--

Posts 161 to 180 of 203

RogerRoger

@JJ2 It's always the way. You don't play something for ages and then, as soon as you do, there's some kind of technical issue preventing you from doing so. Happens to me with Hitman 2 all the time; thankfully, I'm on a bit of a Star Wars fast for the next couple weeks, as I don't wanna spoil Jedi: Fallen Order, but here's hoping the forthcoming patch (which is apparently coming tomorrow) works for you.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Fullbringlchigo Replying to you in here, so that we're on-topic.

The biggest surprise for me is that they're making BB-8 and BB-9E new heroes. People already complain that Yoda is too small and quick to shoot, so what's that gonna be like?!

Not sure if I wanna spend extra on the game, though. I got the fancy edition at launch, which did nothing to help, and have slowly plugged away to earn my favourite skins via gameplay over the past two years (at which point, they usually release more). Since there's a lot of Sequel Trilogy content in all of these new updates, I'm not sure it'll hold my interest. I can pop back on, earn enough to give my Droideka a lick of paint, and call it a day.

Will you be getting it, or at least checking it out?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger my guess is that they are just trying to cash in on the new film and also give an incentive to people who don't have the game yet as you can buy it all together or people who stopped playing ages ago

on a side note good idea to move it here, i forgot that we had an official thread for this game

as for me getting it i don't own it anymore because it nearly killed my PS4

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo So I guess it'd be more fitting to say that this update won't be enough to get you to re-purchase the game, in the same way I'm not gonna spend any more money on it.

Oh, I'd put money on a short trailer being placed before every Rise of Skywalker showing, absolutely.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah i would say your right it's not enough unless i can find the XB1 version dirt cheap

and it wouldn't surprise me if they was honestly

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Given that they're relaunching the game, with new cover art and everything, I doubt you'll find it super-cheap for a while yet (or if you do, it'll be an old disc and it'll take a day to download and install all the extensive updates its received over the years).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger well from what i understand this "update" is a digital only thing so i imagine that the physical versions price wouldn't be effected at all

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Ah, okay. I saw in the patch notes that the splash page had been altered, so I guessed they might do a physical re-release. In which case yeah, you might find it for a fiver someday!

Or better yet, it'll be on PS Plus before long.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger They don't tend to put ea games on ps plus cos of ea access.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, of course. I keep forgetting that's a thing. Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger And it's a thing on ps4 these days!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Elodin

Today is the day we can get the voice "Kenobi!" scream. And finish off my heros for lvl 25 purple cards.

Elodin

RogerRoger

@Elodin I didn't realise you could unlock specific things on specific days. I might've found my way online if I had, but my head's too foggy to focus on multiplayer now. Best of luck!

Making It So Since 1987

Elodin

@RogerRoger I must have missed the event. I got on Late Friday, so I think I missed it. I read on there event page that Friday was the Kenobi! Event. Hopefully they changed it. Awesome video post.

On a different topic, the Celebration upgrade is ridiculous. What a cash grab by EA.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

RogerRoger

@Elodin I popped on earlier to see what the Celebration update contained, beyond unlocking everything people had previously put days of gameplay in to earn. Turns out there's two new, non-canon ARC Trooper skins (which admittedly look okay, I guess) as well as some alternate paint jobs for the Commando Droid and a white Droideka. Not exactly Christmas, is it?

Oh, and if you look carefully at the small print of the Celebration upgrade pack, it specifically notes that anything released after 20 December is not included in the price. I'm guessing there's some key stuff being held back, to encourage players to double-dip.

There was no event live when I logged on, so I'm guessing they've moved it, or it's locked to a different region's time zone or something bizarre.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger https://youtu.be/qbVsjbBllKQ

Could they be updating Starfighter modes? 😲🤔

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Could be! I sure hope so. Will try and check a list of what's being updated later on, and will let you know if I find anything. From what I'd heard already, however, it's just bringing a lot of sequel trilogy content to the popular Clone Wars modes.

The second half of that trailer, with all the portraits and music, got me all misty-eyed.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 🤔
I still have it installed in the vain hope that they'll fix the Starfighter stuff.

I think, if they don't address it this time I'll just let it die... 😂😂😂

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, bad news. According to the following detailed breakdown of what's being updated, the only thing I can find related to starfighter stuff is "fixed an issue where raindrops would appear on the camera while flying in first person mode".

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150099/community...

That being said, there will be future updates to the game, as EA have made it clear to those buying the Celebration Edition that they're only unlocking cosmetics released "up to this point" and that anything beyond December 20 will not be free to them. I'm guessing, at the very least, they'll continue working on this until every era is playable in Capital Assault. Then late next year, they'll announce Battlefront III for the next generation of consoles.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger jeez...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.