Forums

Topic: Star Wars Battlefront II --OT--

Posts 101 to 120 of 203

FullbringIchigo

@Elodin possible or it could be a broken link or it could be that the site just doesn't recognize it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Elodin yeah that would probably be right

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@Elodin Glad you were able to get the image working; love those Stormtroopers! That's me all over.

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, that's hero combat pretty much accurately represented, too.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i still want a Baseball mini game though
Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i was playing BFII last night and i was actually on a winning team (not that i actually contributed to it, link to Video in my sig box)

but anyway that wasn't what i wanted to say, in one game i was in a Walker on Jakku when the objective moved and a Troop Transport came down and landed on top of may walker and it just spazed the game out and i was stuck there for the remainder of the match, i couldn't respawn manually (which should be an option) i couldn't leave the vehicle (which again should be an option), the only positive is that i was able to be a safe place for my team mates to respawn

it was well annoying

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yikes! Must've been a glitch because there's always a respawn option on the pause menu. After some updates there are always bugs; one time, after Obi-Wan landed, I had the loadout HUD constantly pasted over my screen during gameplay and could barely see a thing. Apparently, after today's update, people are reporting dead player characters getting back up and T-posing until they fade. I'm sure they'll patch it soon.

Speaking of today's update, you know Anakin's massively overpowered when I play as him for the first time, against some really high-level players, and this happens:

Untitled

His abilities make him a beast. There's a single strike ability that's very limited, but otherwise he's unstoppable at times (and this is me without any star cards, as he was fresh out the box). He has two Force powers, one which is like a Force Grip but draws everybody in range to a central point right in front of him, and the other of which is a "hold down to charge" Force Shockwave. Not only that, but he has a fourth special ability which charges up as he takes damage; I haven't used it myself, but I saw somebody else activate it and it's devastating.

People said that Dooku was overpowered, but only after learning how to use him properly and with a certain degree of skill. Anakin is a whole other level. Quite fitting from a canon perspective, but I can see people getting frustrated with him going forward.

As of right now, people are joining Heroes Vs. Villains and then quitting back out if they don't get Anakin, which is really annoying and selfish. I was lucky enough to beat my group to him (after playing on the opposite side as Dooku for a match) but then had to wait for five minutes whilst the lobby went from a full match to "Waiting for 3 More Players" almost the instant I did.

I hate the new Emote Wheel. It's sluggish and confusing to use, to the point where I was barely using it (and since I'm not very good and am there to have fun, I used to use it all the time).

But the new Clonetrooper appearances are great; they've made a lot of them free to all, in their Phase One variants, with only the 501st and the Coruscant Guard now locked in crates worth 60,000 credits a shot (yeah, no thanks). Almost all of the Phase Two variants are still locked away as well, but as somebody who much prefers the look of Phase One Clonetroopers, I'm happy not having to spend a penny and have customised all my Clonetroopers to a look I love.

All in all, it's a pretty neat update, which will only get better after a few stabilising patches. It'll certainly bring me back for a couple weeks.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah i saw the option that is there but it just wouldn't let me do it, it was greyed out

as for Anakin i'll get to play him loads as i always practise with new characters in the arcade mode before going online anyway but yeah it's pretty stupid that people quit just because they can't be the new guy

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, massive glitch, then! Sorry it locked you in.

I took Anakin for a quick spin in Arcade as well, against fifty Battle Droids, and was done in about two minutes flat. He's unstoppable, makes you feel indestructible. Absolutely, screw the online jerks rage-quitting, just enjoy chopping down clankers!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger still waiting for this character though
Untitled

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Ah(soka), yes.

Apparently, curious folks dug around when General Grievous was released and found voice lines included with his character specifically addressing both Ahsoka and, surprisingly-yet-awesomely, Padmé. Whether they were just recorded and included in case, or whether they point to future DLC plans beyond this point (because we've now seen everything announced) depends on how well the game continues to sell, I guess. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger that would be nice

RogerRoger

There's apparently a new game mode coming to Star Wars: Battlefront II at the end of the month. Whilst folks don't know what it'll be, today DICE have announced that it'll include a new class of trooper, called "Infiltrator". It might be era-specific as the only two Infiltrator units they've announced are a Republic ARC Trooper and a Separatist BX-Series Commando Droid, both of which are from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

@get2sammyb There have been loads of steady, free updates to Battlefront II of late and yet I've never seen any of them make the PushSquare headlines. Is there any particular reason for that? Just curious; maybe they don't get traffic or something?

Making It So Since 1987

Elodin

@Nakatomi_Uk Yes it is easily worth 8. I am terrible at this game but still enjoy it very much. I don't play all the time, but just come back to scratch that Star Wars itch.

Elodin

RogerRoger

@Nakatomi_Uk I'll second that, yeah. For anything under a tenner, it's a bargain, especially with all the free content updates (maps, characters, game modes, etc.) and improvements since launch.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

It would have to really suck to not be worth 8 quid lol.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

EA took the GamesCom opportunity to detail even more free updates to Star Wars: Battlefront II.

Alongside the new Felucia map (which sounds like it might be exclusive to Capital Supremacy, although there may be a Galactic Assault variant added later), single player offline Instant Action will be coming in September. It will offer the ground-phase command post gameplay from Capital Supremacy, packing it with A.I. enemies and allies for you to fight against (including hero units). Since it's using the Capital Supremacy maps, you'll only be able to select Felucia, Geonosis, Kamino, Kashyyyk and Naboo which limits the era to The Clone Wars. This is great news for me, but fans of the other (inferior) films may feel short-changed.

They're also adding in a PvE co-op mode, where four players can squad up and play as either the Galactic Republic or the Separatist Alliance in a series of objective-based battles. This is something players have been asking for since launch, and it's great that they're finally catering to them because the ad-hoc clans that cut swathes through larger, PvP game modes can frustrate newcomers and throw off the balance of the battlefield.

Battle Droids will now have customisable appearances, just as Clonetroopers have had for a while now. To help balance out the recent arrival of the popular-yet-powerful Droideka, they're also adding in Clone Commandos as a playable unit, again in September.

Finally, in the lead up to December's release of Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker, special events and more features will be added before content from the new film (details of which are scarce for now) is released at Christmas. This will ensure the game's longevity well into 2020, dispelling rumours of Battlefront III being released any time soon.

I've asked @get2sammyb this before, but surely the outstanding post-launch redemption of this game is worthy of a short article on the front page?

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger It does sound like great updates are on the way... Now for Starfighter Assault...

I think The Rise of Skywalker may end up hurting the game in a 'stuff no-one wants' sort of way. Obviously we have to wait and see, but I reckon that film is going to be a rather vapid and cynical experience.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

Also, @get2sammyb - as Rog says, it is probably worth an article on how thoroughly different the game is now compared to on release. Perhaps even an up to date guide if any of you are still playing it.

Could get plenty of clicks!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.