Forums

Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)

Posts 261 to 280 of 339

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder The problem for the platinum is that there doesn't seem to be enough Lapis Lazuli in the game to upgrade everything to the maximum. Which means I'm going to have to get that ending, then go back to my save and continue on to the Fountainhead Palace. That's the kicker. But I don't have to fight the really troublesome bosses again (Owl MkII, Demon of Hatred and Saint Isshin) so I'm going for it.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 There is only a finite amount of Lapis Lazuli that can be obtained in a single play through, so yeah you will most definitely need another play through to upgrade all the prothestic tools and the trophy that goes with it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

doctommaso

I totally turned around on this game. When I quit it last year, I was stuck at Owl with tendonitis in my left forearm after spamming L1 so much in the game, bitter at From for not allowing me to level (as I did in Souls games or BB when I was having trouble). Thanks to a friend pestering me to try Sekiro again, I went back to it roughly a year later and beat Owl after just a few tries, and I pretty much rolled through the rest of the game — until Isshin; convinced I could never beat him, I again was frustrated to no end, but I persevered — again thanks to the support of my friend — and I was able to beat Isshin in far less tries than I expected it would take. Fast forward a couple months, and I now have the platinum! Never have I experienced such a turn-around with a game and been so happy about completing it. Just wanted to share!

Edited on by doctommaso

doctommaso

doctommaso

@LN78 Thanks much! Isshin was a great fight, yeah. I do think I'll get GoT at release, especially as it's my birthday week, and I'd like to treat myself.

doctommaso

ellsworth004

@doctommaso i actually decided to restart this game today i cant remember why i quit playing it the first time, but i know that it is great. Game is tough as nails though, hope i have the same success as you!

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

JohnnyShoulder

@doctommaso Well done and happy birthday! Personally I think Sekiro is more of a challenge than the other Soulsborne games as you can't over level your character or summon. It really is a test of pure skill. Completing the game is one of my proudest moments since I've been gaming in over 35 years. Once a boss fight clicks with you it feels so epic. Demon of Hatred was my favourite for that reason.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

I was skeptical about this game as a Souls fan, plus I have dyspraxia so the level of co-ordination required for this sort of game was frankly beyond me. Ghost of Tsushima seems to be similar though but with less co-ordination required so maybe I'll pick that up instead. (Co-ordinating L1, L2, and R1, R2 simultaneously in this game was the difficulty) Hopefully it will be more like Dark Souls or God of War where only one side of the controller is really favored. To all those who say you use both sides of the controller in all games any way, it is just not the same in Sekiro, and hard to explain to someone who doesn't have dyspraxia.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

doctommaso

@JohnnyShoulder Thank you! Very kind of you. And yes, I have to say, I feel very good about it. Through this experience, without having the crutch of overleveling, I came to realize that I am a better gamer than I gave myself credit for.

Edited on by doctommaso

doctommaso

doctommaso

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I agree with you, the use of the shoulder buttons in Sekiro is far beyond the other Souls games in terms of reflexes, planning/coordination, and simply overall usage. As I mentioned earlier, it even gave me tendonitis!

doctommaso

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Not sure if it helps, but you can re-map the controls in Sekiro as I can remember swapping a couple of the buttons.

ellsworth004

Well after quitting the game a couple of times I started again a few days ago, I think combat finally clicked for me. Just beat Genichiro on my 3rd try. First time I ever beat him!

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

colonelkilgore

@ellsworth004 well done dude, he’s certainly a wall to a lot of players. You should be alright for a while now… though you will start to run into some toughies later on.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@ellsworth004 that’s pretty quick I reckon, sounds like the game has definitely clicked with you now.

**** DLC!

CJD87

@ellsworth004 -

I'm a relative 'newcomer' to FS games, having only played Dark Souls Remastered on Switch last year (loved it, beat it).

I'd always heard amazing things about Sekiro, but the highly publicised difficulty level put me off initially...

I can confirm I've beaten Sekiro now, and it was a hell of a ride! Beautiful, challenging, frustrating, engaging... unlike anything I've played before.

If you're at Owl, then you have all the tools/skills needed to see it through to the end.

IMO, the game always felt 'fair' and measured... up until the final boss, which took me about a week and >100 deaths to beat. Perhaps it says more about me as a player, but honestly I felt that the final boss nearly ruined the whole experience. When I beat him, I felt relief as opposed to satisfaction!

But aside from that 1 criticism, it was a great experience. I am certainly not an elite/high-level gamer, and if I can beat this game then anyone can! Enjoy it, and good luck

CJD87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic