Forums

Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)

Posts 221 to 240 of 273

JohnnyShoulder

@ellsworth004 Yeah he is one if he toughest fights in the games. Once it clicked with me I thought it was one of the best as well though. The flow of the fight just felt so good. His third phase is not as difficult as it initially seems, most of the moves are repeated from the first two stages he is just faster and his attacks go on for longer. His lightning attacks can either be countered or dodged (therefore leaving himself opened for a couple of swipes) and his lunge attack can be mikiri countered. And try not to heal during the third stage as he will punish you.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@ellsworth004 Think I found the latent skills more useful than the majority of the combat skills.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

JohnnyShoulder

@ellsworth004 I think I probably used the axe the most. It can stagger some bosses, but is a bit slow for some of the quicker ones. The fireworks are surprisingly useful at staggering most bosses too.
The shurikens are good for stunning enemies when they are in the air.
The armour tearing spear sounds good, but I only had to use it twice to ripp off armour. One of the upgrade branches you can imbue it with fire which is really good.
The umbrella I used a lot not only for deflecting bullets, but it is really useful against the Headless and Shaman enemies.

andreoni79

For the first time with a From Software game I'm a bit disappointed by the ambience. All looks way too "normal", without the epicness seen in the 3 Souls and in Bloodborne. Discovering a new area, new enemies have always been part of the show, while here that feeling it's clearly missing... Am I the only one feeling this way?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 Kinda know where you are coming from, but I think mainly it has different feel to those games, which is what From were going for I think. And there are certainly epic moments in the game. The last area especially is truly outstanding and one of my favourite in a recent From game. And hiwnyou get their is totally bonkers lol.

Gremio108

I had a day off yesterday and I finally got the house to myself, so after doing all my jobs the day before, I'd carved myself out a full six hours to devote to gaming. I resolved to sit down and properly get back into this Sekiro.

After an hour or so of backtracking to re-familiarise myself with the controls etc, I went and dished out some pain to some of the bosses who had been tormenting me. Seven Spears got beat, Snake Eyes got beat, even Genichiro got beat (I did his final phase on my first try, somehow).

I'd say yesterday was one of the most rewarding and enjoyable gaming sessions I've had in years.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

andreoni79

I beat Genichiro tonight after I totally forgot about him for days! In the meantime I reached Senpou Temple, Ashina Depths and Mibu Village: once there I finally remembered I was missing a boss... 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Well done! Although officially hate you for beating Genichiro's final phase so quickly!

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder I got a bit lucky. I got right in his face. I was never more than a foot away from him. Whenever he jumped in the air I dodged to the right, that seemed to work. I think it helps that I've mastered the Mikiri counter, at long last.

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Yeah the mikiri counter is probs the best move you can unlock.

andreoni79

I was a bit disappointed at first by the realistic setting of the first maps, but when I reached Mt. Kongo, the Sunken Valley and the Mibo village everything changed.
If they succesfully mix Souls and Sekiro, then Elder Ring will be a milestone as the first Dark Souls.

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 Wait till you get to the last area, if you could leave messages it would be full of ones saying 'Gorgeous View'. There are some fantastical stuff in the game, enemies such as the Headless and Shamans are well weird, and the former freaked me out whenever I faced them.

Gremio108

The Guardian Ape. What a fight that was. I don't think a boss has tested me that much since the Nameless King on New Game+.

I stayed up until 2am last night trying to beat the guy. I was afraid if I went to bed I'd lose the knack of fighting him. Once I figured out how to tell when his terror scream was coming, I knew it was a matter of time before I got him. God it was satisfying when he finally fell.

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Think that was my fave boss fight! I love how the two phases are totally different. And the second phase you have to change your mindset to how you approach most previous bosses. Once i figured out to hang back a bit and not get in his face i found it pretty straight forward. That took me ages though and it was still a tricky fight! Deflecting his overhead smash was key for me, which staggered him and left him open for a few hits.

Also props for taking on The Nameless King in new game+! Once was more than enough for me and I never wanted to face that bar steward again!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder This was exactly my problem. I was trying to play phase 2 like I played phase 1. Also, I was a bit put off by the strangeness of it all. That, and the fact that the hand he threw poo at me with was the same hand he did his grab attack with. I found that upsetting.

I don't think I parried him once on my successful go. I've been getting along nicely with Sekiro's parry system, but it just wasn't working for me in this fight, not one bit. It was a dodge-and-sprintfest for me. Good tip about the overhead smash though, I'll use that for NG+. That was one of his easier attacks to read.

I didn't have a problem with the Nameless King first time around, which I think is what led to my NG+ problems. I didn't memorise any of his moves when I first played him, and there was no lucky breezing through on NG+. So I was just getting slaughtered. And I mean absolutely caned. I was stuck on that fight for days on end. Nameless King+ is still my all-time hardest Soulsborne fight. For now. I think I had to beat him again for the platinum, but I avoided him on all subsequent playthoughs, haven't touched him since!

What's your toughest Soulsborne/Sekiro boss?

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Yeah it took ages to get over the craziness of the situation. The first time it happened it took me by total surprise. I didn't notice his poo hand is his grab hand! Yuck!

Nameless King too, it took me forever to beat him and then eventually with a buddy too. Or maybe the Orphan of Kos from Bloodborne, still not beaten it. The randoms I've tried pairing up have been no help and just stand there watching me lol.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, the Orphan of Kos. I hated that one. That was one of those bosses where I don't know how I did it, it just eventually sort of happened.

Co-op can be a mixed bag. If the other person starts taking it easy, or dies early on, then you're left fighting a boosted version of the boss all on your lonesome. Some bosses are better fought alone.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic