Forums

Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)

Posts 201 to 220 of 258

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Cheers! Got 3 of the 4 endings, will go back to my back up save and get the fourth. Tempted to start NG+ but you can only upgrade all of the prosthetic tools by obtaining certain materials which can only be obtained late in the game.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

Beaten the bloke down the well and got to some dungeons but actually the spear bloke was a massive pain in the nuzzle. Starting to lose a little bit of interest. I love the moment to moment gameplay and the main bosses but takes me so long to take those mini bosses down!!

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

roe

@Rudy_Manchego might be worth looking on YouTube or reading some guides for some of the tougher ones. I always try to work out a way to progress my own way but with games like this I feel it's worth looking up strategies every now and then just for the sake of my own sanity.

Sometimes even just watching someone else beat a boss makes me feel slightly more confident just so I know it can be done ha

roe

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Hmmm hard to know where you are going wrong, that mini boss didn't strike me as being particularly difficult. There is usually a way to cheese the bosses if you are struggling. Search for Tyrannicon on YouTube, he has done a load. PS4Trophies are also good as they only resort to cheesing as a last resort. Once it clicks you kinda get into a rhythm and read the enemies moves and knowing which moves of your own to use. Personally I wouldn't be able to dip in and out out of these games, they are the one type that I don't play anything else at the same time. It can be a big time commitment which I appreciate some people dont have.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_Manchego that mini boss is hard, even after getting a death blow in from behind. He’s got super long range. I left it for a good while then went back and beat him no problem. Just leave him until a bit later.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Rudy_Manchego

@roe @JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 Thanks guys for the advice. I do occasionally do a youtube search for the boss fights on such games. Interestingly I find a lot of people have different guides as to how it works. Some of them though are amusing - they literally say, yeah so just block all their attacks, parry and then you'll beat them. Here is a video of me doing it with 0 damage. It's a bit like me training for marathon and getting advice for Mo Farah - yeah, just run really well and beat everyone.

Committment is slightly my problem - at the moment, I maybe get an hour or so a night (and not everynight) to game and Sekiro is a massive time sink, in some ways quite unfairly. For example, mini bosses stealth kills. Almost all the mini bosses can be stealhed for one attack making, in my opinion, that additional health bubble nothing but a time waster. So the spear dude, to stealth that guy, you have to go from the shrine, grapple across the ravine, stealth some baddies, slowly climb round several cliffs to get behind him to then take one health bar off. On the first try, finding that stealth spot is fun but then it is a barrier to getting good at the boss. Essentially, I need to spend several minutes just to get to the point where I can start a boss fight because it only makes sense to stealth them since they bosses are rock hard.

My reaction times aren't great really, so I need repetition to learn patterns which takes time which then means I get the sense of going nowhere. Of course, this is just me. I don't know why, didn't feel this with Bloodborne. Maybe I liked the world more and the RPG elements and upgrade systems really had a big impact on gameplay so time didn't feel as wasted. That said, I have invested so much time, I will still try and chip away at it and just moan as I do.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego I recommend you give Tyrannicon a go on YouTube. He references the fact that some guides are all about the the deflecting, blocking and what not. Tbf that is how the game is supposed to be played, but not everyone has the skillz to do it. He freely admits he is cheesing it and is OK about it. And I don't think it is a problem cheesing it, some of the methods he uses were either too long in the tooth to do, or I just found the 'proper' method easier.

Gremio108

Right, so I started this the other day, but today I finally got to put a few hours in.

Today it really clicked and I've gotten to grips with the various upgrades and systems which are at play. I beat the guy on horseback today, then another general and then the Blazing Bull (he took a fair few goes to bring down).

I went into the memory and beat the drunk dude but I'm a bit stuck on Lady Butterfly. I'm enjoying the fact that if you're stuck you can just go and explore a different area, without worrying about hitting a wall because you're not levelled-up enough for an area.

The combat is insane. This game is an absolute beast.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Glad your enjoying it, you've made some good progress there!

Yeah Lady Butterfly is a right ****. I didn't manage to beat her until a bit later in the game. I did quite a bit of exploring whilst being stuck on bosses lol. But funnily enough I had the most success when I spent a good hour or so on a boss.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder I kind of almost had her at one point, I think. Her second phase is her final phase right?

Also while you're here - how much should I be worrying about the Dragonrot? Are NPCs going to start dying?

AdamNovice

I know it's exactly how your meant to play these type of games but I generally follow a 100% walkthrough on Youtube by a guy called FightingCowboy cos he always says what the most optimal path and tools are. Like I say it's not the purest way to play these games but I know if I played completely blind it would drive me mad.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Have you spoken to Emma to get the cure? If so the item you use, you should find enough to use it quite liberally. My general rule was not to use when facing bosses (as that is when you will die the most) and have a clean bill of health for unseen aid when facing the normal grunts.

When I was coming close to upgrading a skill point I would usually go back to a previous area and farm xp. Cos once you have gained a skill point they are banked, ie if you have 2 skill points they are safe but the xp you have towards the next level you will lose some when you die.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Right, nice one. From Software games have a habit of throwing worrying systems at you without explaining how to fix it. I'll speak to Emma next time I play. I've not been popping back to the temple as much as I could have.

I've been doing the same with the skill points. I did some grinding until I could unlock the 'heal upon deathblow' skill, then I carried on until I'd got the general gourd improvements. I must have killed those three weird little guys near the trees about a hundred times.

kyleforrester87

@Gremio108 Dragon rot seems like a real pointless feature IMO. I saw a video which suggested it was originally supposed to play a more important role (NPCs did start to die).

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 The sculptor installs new prosthetics and upgrades them, so that is another reason to go back.

I found I didn't use too many of the skill moves that often, apart from the odd boss fight here and there. So I concentrated on getting the passive skills mostly. Combat Arts are hella cool though.

@kyleforrester87 Yeah it did seem a bit half arsed. Towards the end I, mostly just left it apart from when i was doing a bit of grinding. There needed more a reward for curing it, only getting a 30% chance of not losing everything is a bit bunk.

ellsworth004

I just beat lady butterfly, only died 5 times i think. But i cannot beat the ninja that is in front of the temple where u get the raven feather prosthetic. Hes just a regular enemy but that dude is tough.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

JohnnyShoulder

@ellsworth004 Yeah got all but one of the endings and not beaten the two bosses to get to that ending. I have a save on a USB stick so can go back to it.

Well done on defeating Lady Butterfly, took me frikkin many tries to beat her and not till quite a bit later in the game. What method did you use with her?

ellsworth004

@JohnnyShoulder dodge counter attack

Killed the guy at the top of the tower in the castle a little earlier, he was really tough, probably died a little more than 10 times to him

Edited on by ellsworth004

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

JohnnyShoulder

@ellsworth004 You can use the same method for the Ninja dudes but I eventually was able to deflect their attacks. The one down in the hole I struggled with due to being in a narrow corridor.

Is that the guy with all the shooters around him or the one with lightning attacks? Either way the game has opened to you now and are free to explore the other areas of the game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic