Forums

Topic: Resident Evil 2 Remake

Posts 101 to 120 of 120

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 yeah it seems random to be honest, he cleared off for a while then reappeared and he’s on me again. I know what I need to be doing now though lol.

And yeah EW2 is good, the Resi 1 guy wasn’t involved in number 2 actually I don’t think. But yeah worth a go.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nasty_hamster

Areus wrote:

You know one thing i notest that they removed from this game that they had in the original was a certain zombified Stars member that you would run into on your way to the police station

Also, I missed the spiders. Huge ones from the original were the scariest thing in the game, as for me.

nasty_hamster

carlos82

Finished Claire's second run this morning with literally 2 bullets left in my pistol and my fingers crossed, to thinkni thought I was doing really well conserving ammo too. Great game and certainly well worth playing both characters stories, particularly as a fan of the original as cool nods to the original run to the station and key enemy reveals/jump scares return. Now I'll probably have a break before a run as Hunk before trying to unlock the infinite ammo weapons.

It'll be interesting to see where they go from here and I think there's potential for Code Veronica and perhaps bringing Leon for the ride to keep the characters together and rewrite where the series went seen as 7 seems to do that already.

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Areus

@carlos82 I think there's also potential for a remake of Survivor in the same vein as resident evil 7 with vr support the game was already in first person if they can fix the prbs that the original had the game could be a suprise hit.

Edited on by Areus

Areus

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 well done, I’m in the parking garage as Claire now (I liked how she name drops Chris, but he don’t give a sh*t!)

What ranks did you get? I got a B on Leon A (10 minutes longer and it would have been a C)

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 I think it was a C on both with my best time on Claire's at around 5 and a half hours. I did spend a fair bit of time reading all of the files and a bit of experimenting with Mr X for future runs. I'm pretty confident on the time limits for mormal runs to get an S but we'll see how it actually pans out in reality 😂. Oh and putting the original soundtrack on slowed me down as it just made it a lot scarier

There's a few nice little quips from Claire throughout the game and her unique sections are great, really enjoyed her side. I'd like them to make another with Leon and Claire together as their definitely my favourites in the series and I always thought it was a shame they split them straight away

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

carlos82

Hahaha, that's amazing 😂😂😂

Lizzardboy

I loved that you can explore Resident Evil 2 with free camera control, but fixed camera in original was very memorable thing for me.
Anyway, i just had to film this. People who played classic Resident Evil games will understand

Lizzardboy

ApostateMage

@Lizzardboy That's brilliant. I love the way he moves sideways when running against a wall. Bang on.

The GTA San Andreas one is class, too.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

Is Mr X in both Leon and Claire's campaign? I don't remember him from when I played it on PS2 and am trying to think which character I played with.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

carlos82

@JohnnyShoulder yeah he's in both, in the original he is only on the B game for both which you access after finishing the game with either character. Essentially there were 4 versions of the game back then and all different enough to warrant it. So if you only ever played each characters first run you'd have never seen him, I suspect many people back then never encountered him

JohnnyShoulder

@carlos82 Cheers. Yeah I only did one play with either Leon or Claire iirc.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MaulTsir

Started the game over the weekend, I playing this along side Persona 5 as I believe the game is quite short.

I played the original but only as Leon, I've started as Leon again and I'm I've just escaped the prison cell block so far I'm enjoying it, aiming takes a bit getting use to but it's everything I would expect from a Resident evil game.

I've seen that each character has 2 playthroughs each, whats the crack with that? Do i need to do all 4? I was planning on just 1 each but don't want to miss anything essential

MaulTsir

carlos82

@MaulTsir no you won't really miss much as their runs don't differ that much from each other, certainly not as much as the original game. That said by the time you've done both characters you should be familiar enough with the game to be able to go through it in just a few hours

MaulTsir

Got quite abit done last night in a small time about an hour and a half blew the hell out of a Croc and turned into ada, man that sequence as ada while running from Mr X was intense, any way I'm back as Leon now going into the sewers

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Doing this with your P5 playthrough is a good combo I think. They are different from each other so both will be a nice break from one another.

RE2R is such a special game. Like most RE games it’s not too long either so that’s a plus since you’ve got a lengthy JRPG alongside it.

As for the 4 playthroughs, I only did two and it felt complete to me that way, although I realize by not doing Leon A and Claire B that I might have missed just a few minor subtleties but I don’t think it’s very much. I did Claire A and Leon B. Doing the second run with the other character is definitely different though and imo well worth it, so long as you enjoy the first run. You’ll have access to a few places closed off to your first run and the story from the other perspective is significantly different in a couple parts, as I’m sure you already know.

Have you played any of the other RE games? Seeing the RE8 reviews yesterday made me really want to pick this series back up again. I have RE3-RE7 all in my backlog 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

@Th3solution yeah I thought if I play a few smaller games along side P5 then I might help me keep with it.

I have completed Leon's A story and well I really enjoyed it, it kept to the original and the game play although updated felt like Resident evil, many over powered enemies and not enough ammo 🤣

I've started on Claire's B story now so I feel alot more confident running through this a bit quicker, Leon's took me 8 hours 15 minutes.

MaulTsir

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.