Forums

Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 431

Thrillho

@beemo I'm currently ambling through chapter 4 myself. There's been some good side missions and stranger missions so far, including one back in Rhodes (where you can now use your guns etc).

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Gremio108 That’s a good idea. So I assume that means you went on a crime spree and then after the trophy popped, you loaded back your manual save to play from so you wouldn’t have to deal with bounties every place you went? How many states are there? 4 isn’t it? I haven’t explored the entire map yet.

@beemo @Thrillho I’m general, are each of the chapters of similar length? I’ve spent an age in Ch 2, and am pretty much close to the end of it I feel after probably 20-25 or so hours in it. I know much of it depends how much galavanting one does hunting, fishing, etc, but as far as story missions and required elements, is the pace pretty much the same throughout?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@beemo @Th3solution I reckon I spent half of my time so far in chapter 2 just taking in the world, exploring, hunting etc. I’m still doing those things now but enjoying the story missions.

I get the feeling there’s a lot more of the map that I’ve still yet to explore though but assume I will do so eventually.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@beemo @Thrillho Yeah, I don’t know how I feel about the game opening up so quickly. Now that sounds contradictory to say “quickly” on anything with this game because it’s definitely a slow-burn, but right after Ch 1 you pretty much have access to everything and can wander the whole map. I have a bad habit of lingering around and trying to uncover everything too fast. I have figured things out for myself about the world and mechanics, only to later do a story mission that gives me a tutorial on a gameplay mechanic that I already figured out on my own. I wish I had actually done the story missions a little quicker, in retrospect. For example I went around hunting down gunslingers on the one side quest, having no clue how to duel and just trial-and-erroring my way through, only to have the game intro how to duel later in a story mission. (I am still lousy at it btw 😄) Same with some of the hunting.

I feel like I wanted to level up camp as quick as possible and so I’ve been pouring time and resources there. I finally opened fast travel, so I’m excited about that, except that it looks to be only one-way from camp and you have to make your way back to camp the traditional ways. Unless I’m missing something, there is no fast travel from a temporary campsite out in the world, which is an oversight in the design, imo. With all the resources I pouring into leveling to get it, I wish fast travel was a little more useful. I enjoy riding around in the beautiful open world, but I need to make some progress now. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I had the same thing you mention about learning mechanics before the game taught them. I do like that (a bit like Fallout and TW3 I think) that Arthur sometimes says he’s already been to places when you’re on a mission and have found the place before.

I haven’t used fast travel at all to be honest. I do sometimes use trains to cover large distances and sometimes use the cinematic mode on my horse when covering large distances. Money isn’t a problem though as I did the two treasure hunts which gives out gold bars for completing.

Thrillho

andreoni79

I "accidentally" arrived in Saint Denis during a side-mission and I felt like a caveman discovering civilization! I had to visit the barber shop and the tailor since I felt too inadequate for the big city...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JJ2

@andreoni79
I basically have nice Arthur outfits and a naughty Arthur dressed all in black for gang actitivy. There's a place in St Denis you can steal a Turkoman horse which is my fav now. It's a bit of an exploit but only requires to exit and re start the game around that place.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Gremio108

@Th3solution 5 states, but you can forget about New Austin (the state with Blackwater in) because you're 'Wanted Dead or Alive' there, so that's covered. Just ride around the rest of the states causing chaos and then reload your manual save. Quite fun. You don't have to worry about dying while you're getting the actual bounties, it's just the three in-game days at the end where you need to avoid dying. And even if you do get killed, the bounties will still be in place, so just try again.

It's fun, although it takes a while. That said, I'm sure there are more efficient ways of doing it than my slapdash approach. For example, at one point I rode back over the state line without noticing. I ended up with about a $600 bounty in Lemoyne by the time I was done.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

winnie88

One of the best open world games ever, with the single best story ever written for a video game.

winnie88

JohnnyShoulder

@winnie88 Is that Horizon Zero Dawn? 😉

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ApostateMage

@winnie88 I very much agree with you there. There's even talk of it being made into a film.

@JohnnyShoulder Horizon Zero Dawn would definitely be up there for me, too. I loved the story and the way it was told.

ApostateMage

WanderingBullet

@ApostateMage They need to cast Jeff Bridges. Dutch's voice reminds me a lot of him. Plus I really like him in True Grit.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

hulkie

My ps4 is now downloading an update to the game.

hulkie

JohnnyShoulder

@hulkie Welcome to modern gaming!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Can anyone confirm if the update for Red Dead Online will also affect the single player campaign? For example, will it fix the bug for the disappearing gang members in Ch 2 or the reapawning gold bar glitch?

NecuVise

@Th3solution missing camp bug is confirmed to be fixed. Not sure for other bugs. And HDR is not fixed.

NecuVise

Thrillho

I finally finished chapter 4 last night..

Poor Lenny and Hosea

And with regards to the start of chapter 5...

The whole Guarma part felt really weird and out of place. It reminded me how terrible some of the early weapons were too, having to use the standard revolver and repeater

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

roe

The game really lost its way story-wise toward the end of chapter 4 for me. Most of the missions became a bit of a blur from that point on. There's a couple of missions that stood out to me late on ('Dear Uncle Tacitus' and 'Icarus and Friends' in particular) but for the most part it became a mess imo.

roe

Kidfried

Should we have a separate topic for Red Dead Online - its very much its own thing - or discuss it here?

Anyway, I just played the Online introduction and, like that of GTA Online, it's pretty good, but a bit too long.

I am interested to hear if people on here would care to meet up once or twice!

Kidfried

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.