Forums

Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 OT

Posts 281 to 300 of 431

NecuVise

@NoCode23 to access outfits you need to be on a horse, press L1 IIRC and then choose horse tab. Your outfits should be at the bottom of a wheel.

NecuVise

andreoni79

@Th3solution You always lose honor when you loot a civilian, even if he have already been killed by a member of another gang.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JJ2

I like how people usually complain about too much hand holding in games but for this game complain about basic features they didn't figure out as the game 'poor design' or find the menus overwhelming when my kid can understand them.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Th3solution

@andreoni79 oh, okay. So the key is to avoid looting the body? So I can defend myself if attacked and not lose honor?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

whynohelpme

good point my guy u make a lot ov sence

whynohelpme

andreoni79

@Th3solution Honestly, I'm not sure. Once I've met a band robbing two civilians, killing them before my arrival; I succesfully killed the outlaws then looted all the bodies and the red icon about honor showed up only when I was looting civilians.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Thrillho

@Th3solution @andreoni79 There's really not the much need to loot bodies anyway as you start to earn money so quickly anyway. Sadly, it's just an in-built response for me to loot everything within reach.

But I agree that it feels difficult to get the honour bar up. The old game used the bandana to stop it dropping but I still seem to get recognised when I'm up to no good with my full face mask on. And it does seem random as to what the game considers good; shooting the chain on the prisoner's feet is a good deed for example (better than leaving him to die I guess?). Playing honourably also feels a bit off seeing as you spend the main missions looting and murdering so frivolously.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah, it’s funny to see the dissonance of beating the snot out of a guy in front of his wife and kids to collect his debts, then shooting his dog when it attacks me and my honor stays just fine... then later riding along and I bump into someone’s horse or I loot an already dead body and the game treats me like public enemy number one. 😂
But it is good to hear that money is easier to come by later because paying off these bounties is annoying when I want to buy some nice weapons and upgrades instead.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

I find you can get your honour up with a lap of the camp. Donate some money in the ledger, chop some firewood, move some hay bales. All these combined should give you a little honour boost. It takes a few minutes, but it's handy if Arthur has been a naughty boy on his travels.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 That’s a good idea. That sounds quicker than picking up a stranded woman with a dead horse and giving her a ride home which takes me 30 minutes and way off course from my objective. It’s so hard to not help though. 😌

JJ2

@Th3solution
Or have a good walk in St Denis just greeting everyone

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Gremio108

@Th3solution Yeah it's tempting to just pretend you haven't seen her, as it's guaranteed to take you miles out of your way. But I always end up being the good guy.

Thrillho

@Th3solution @Gremio108 The wood chopping etc in camp is also good at raising your dead eye meter randomly too. Fishing and throwing them back slowly fills the honour meter too. Annoyingly, I've found the woman with the dead horse twice in the wild. Get better horses dammit!

@JJ2 Walking around towns takes forever as I have to say hi to everyone..

Thrillho

Th3solution

I know it’s a minor thing, but ... the trophies are pretty scarce in this game. Been playing for hours and hours and still have like 3 or 4 trophies.

Thrillho

@Th3solution Plenty are story related so come along naturally. Only one or two can you really hunt for early on (e.g. every upgrade on a single weapon) and some will be online based.

Rockstar games tend to be harder ones to get anyway but not quite Naughty Dog levels of difficulty.

Thrillho

NecuVise

@Th3solution 200 hours for platinum, so OFC they are scarce I've noticed that too, especially after you play some trophy generous games.

I'm going to order it again as my initial frustrations have waned a little and reading your posts just makes me want to play it again

NecuVise

ApostateMage

This game is phenomenal and I've got to say, I think Arthur Morgan is right up there as one of my favourite ever protagonists.

ApostateMage

Th3solution

@NecuVise Yeah, I wish the trophies were a little easier to come by. But I’ve been hanging out in Ch 2 for quite a while so part of it is my fault. Trophies aren’t everything, but they give me a sense of progression and since I’m sitting at 4% still, I feel like I haven’t done anything yet 😂. I seem to recall the first RDR was a little slow on the trophies too and then they started popping more late game. But no, ...no platinum here for me. I’m not that dedicated. I might pop in a short trophy heavy game like Burly Men or Virginia this week to balance things out 😅

But yes, I think it’s a good game to have and let smolder a bit. I’m at the point where I crave it and think about it when I’m not playing. There is also RD Online which is coming soon and might be worth experiencing. And it’s a great game to talk about because of the crazy and unique experiences everyone has in it. I expect it will still be amongst popular discussion a year from now. Maybe you can find it on sale for Black Friday.

NecuVise

@Th3solution I've found it for 38 gbp without postage and that's good for me

NecuVise

Gremio108

@Th3solution I decided that the next time I got an accidental bounty, that I'd make a manual save and go for the $250 bounty in all states trophy. It took a while but it was fun, just riding around causing chaos

@ApostateMage seconded, Arthur is superb

Edited on by Gremio108

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.