Forums

Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 431

Kidfried

@roe Sunburn is a great name. And yes, that sounds exactly like how I play the game.

Kidfried

roe

Sunburn just died

That's 2 dead horses now. Arthur really should start carrying that magic horse reviver stuff on him..

roe

JohnnyShoulder

@roe You need to find the horse god and give it 500 coins to revive your dead horses.

Whoops, wrong open world game. 😋

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

I've become obsessed with trying to discover if it's possible to get struck by lightning in this game. Got really close to a strike yesterday.

I reached chapter three today, finally. I did some exploring and found a cool item of clothing (not going to say what) and I went back to camp just to see if anyone commented on it. Sure enough, one of the gang mentioned my 'strange fashion choices'.

This game reminds me of what it was like playing games when I was younger, and just trying stuff to see what would happen. Going around thinking 'what if I try this' and constantly getting results

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@starhops John's missions are the main ones to progress the story I think. You finish off the train robbery mission thread

and then have a sheep rustling one which leads to the next chapter.

@Kidfried ha, it wasn't a bad comment at all but I've just spent so much time doing other stuff that the main story has taken a massive back seat. It took me close to three months to get through Yakuza 0 and I can see this being similar in spending loads of the game doing side missions before then ploughing through the main story.

@Gremio108 the only weird thing I have so far is a mining helmet, complete with light. The last thing I did before closing the game earlier was to create a new outfit but also a cold weather and robbery outfit as I didn't realise you could carry three custom outfits on your horse to easily switch between.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

JJ2

@Thrillho
Upgrade your saddle bags at stable to carry 5 outfits which might be useful for temporary outfits. I got my three main outfits set though.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Thrillho

@JJ2 ha, I'd forgotten about the stables so might have to check that out.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Beyonslay Completely agree. Every time I launch Red Dead Redemption 2 I am in awe of how beautiful this game is. The art direction, and the lighting, make this the best looking game on the platform I think. And I know you were talking about way more than graphics alone, and I don't even care about graphics that much, but it's just hard to not be in a constant state of awe while playing.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried @Beyonslay I would agree that the graphics and art direction look beautiful. Some of the NPCs can look a little rough at times. Whether the game is the best looking on the platform is debatable. Having just finished Detroit, I think it trumps everything so far, but it’s hard to compare because the art styles are just so different. And personal taste would certainly factor in.
But I will say Red Dead 2 runs amazingly smoothly for as large a game as it is. There are very few graphical glitches that I’ve experienced. Sometimes Arthur or the horse get kinda stuck in an environment or in an unnatural position, but considering the breadth of what this game does, it is impressive how seldom these things occur. To be able to ride across such a huge map which has constant random events and people along the way, and with no loading screens, it’s simply amazing. So I think as a technical feat, RDR2 is most definitely the most impressive game on this console generation.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NecuVise

Does anyone remember how we had loading times when entering houses in open world games a few years back? Compare that to what we get now to get that sense of accomplishment. As others have mentioned, I'm impressed with graphics and details each and every time I boot up the game.

NecuVise

Kidfried

@Th3solution I still have to play Detroit! But yeah, those games are at opposites of the spectrum in style if I compare the screenshots.

@NecuVise Haha, I still think about that often. Not only the houses, but the loading in and out of cutscenes as well. :/

Kidfried

ApostateMage

I think some of the character models in cutscenes are amazing, especially Arthur. The detail in face close-ups like pockmarks, scars and individual bristles of stubble look so good it's like watching a movie sometimes.

Also, the animal behaviour is quite impressive. I love the way that hawks swoop and that you can actually see them carrying off their prey. I was once sat for about 10 minutes just watching vultures pick apart a deer corpse through Arthur's binoculars. It just needed a bit of Sir David Attenborough.

ApostateMage

Kidfried

@ApostateMage Animal behavior is so much fun. I also love how animals respond when you are hunting them and they see you. Makes it all that more immersive.

Kidfried

NecuVise

Haha so there I was trying to escape from one area unseen by swimming across the lake and Arthur actually drowned because he got se exhausted I couldn't make it to the shore! I assumed you can swim infinitely like in other games but how wrong I was! So pay attention folks

NecuVise

roe

@NecuVise after all the stick Arthur gives John for not being able to swim as well haha

roe

andreoni79

The three perfect rabbits pelts thing is killing me. I one shot them with a Virmint rifle but still don't get them. Any tips?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Kidfried

Right now I'm pretty fed up with this game. It's great, but when a few frustrating things happen in quick succession, I'm sometimes left wondering "when I'm going to have fun again?"

Like when you fail a mission, due to Arthur just not responding to a climb button. Or some important ally dying due to a random wild animal attacking mid-mission. And I've encountered quite a few annoying bugs as well.

Kidfried

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.