Forums

Topic: pushsquare Forums GOTY 2016!

Posts 81 to 100 of 115

themcnoisy

So thats it, the end of the forum vote for GOTY 2016. Thanks everyone for voting

Top 11 games of 2016

Platinum - Uncharted 4 - 29
Gold - Ratchet and Clank - 25
Silver - Final Fantasy 15 - 22
Bronze - Dark Souls 3 - 18

5th - Inside / The Last Guardian - 10
7th - Overwatch / The Witness - 9
9th - Doom - 8
10th - Sword Art Online Hollow Realisation / Rise of the Tomb Raider - 7

So what do you all think of the list? I like the top 10, a big variety that's for sure and Ratchet and Clank will be getting booted up after Xmas with everyone's recommendations.

Happy Christmas 🎅 have an awesome one and hopefully if you have been good you will get a PS4 Pro, if you've been bad you can suffer with a knitted jumper. See you on Titanfall 2 people!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Tasuki

I can't say I am really surprised with number one. However I am surprised that with all the hype surrounding it The Last Guardian didn't place higher.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

LzWinky

No Nintendo games? This forum is rigged!

Current games: Everything on Switch

kyleforrester87

Cool, shame the numbers are well down on last year. The top 5 looks about right to me

Thanks for doing this

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

crippyd

@themcnoisy Great thread dude, you must have put a load of effort in to that. It's a shame more people didn't take part. Good selection of games in there. Enjoy your Christmas gaming Push Square forumites!

crippyd

themcnoisy

@Tasuki Happy Christmas Taz , thanks as always for taking part. Great mod! Pity your 8 hours behind would love to team up on some games again.

@kyleforrester87 Happy Christmas bro, cheers for chipping in with your picks. I hope Santa brings you everything you want and a sudden realisation Microtransactions are the worst things ever!

@crippyd: Happy Christmas man, go buy a PS4! My old Avatar on x360 had the same gear. Thanks for the votes.

themcnoisy

@TheLZdragon: Funnily keep your eyes on the "other gaming" forum. I'm really considering doing a best Nintendo game ever thread. If you've never participated in one of the previous best games ever threads they start at the end of winter through spring to early summer. The best games threads are huge. They are loads of work but great all the same. You can actually see previous winners in my profile under this comment!

Octane

@Tasuki: Cause it won't sell Uncharted numbers and it only released two weeks ago. Don't think many people have given it a chance to play, some will undoubtedly pick it up at a later point. All things considered, I'm surprised it managed to get this high on the list. Uncharted sold really well, and it's a great game, so it's not surprising to see it ended up as number 1. Not that it doesn't deserve it, but that's also how voting works.

Anyway, looking at this list, I think I'll give Ratchet & Clank a go once I'm done with the TW3, Bloodborne and the Tomb Raider games, so.. hopefully by the end of next year!

Octane

Tasuki

@Octane: Yeah I am sure a lot of people will probably be getting it for the holidays.

@themcnoisy: Yeah mate. Although nowadays it's mostly Overwatch.

@TheLZdragon: Keep that up an you will earn yourself a ban.
Foolish Nintendo fanboys

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Mega-Gazz

Tasuki wrote:

The Last Guardian

Honestly, If TLG came up on the instant game collection I probably wouldn't even download it. I tried ICO on the IGC and ... thought it was terrible. So I'm really not surprised it didn't place. In fact I'm amazed at how well it did. It seems to have some existentialism or intellectualism going on with the story (possibly faux, but that's irrelevant), but that won't attract the mainstream crowd who really just wants to shoot something. It is at best a cult-classic favourite, but that doesn't make it popular enough to be GOTY.

For that matter, the #1 game was UC4, and the uncharted series are fairly objectively terrible games, though I'm assuming #4 follows the formula here.... they are mostly on rail story driven entertainment pieces, with occasional hard-to-fail shooting and climbing sequences thrown in to make it a game. It succeeds (IMO) because of a simple action-oriented narrative and the gameplay is basically a shooter - both popular elements to most gamers. At least the tomb raider games add RPG elements and the collectables flush out the plot instead of being purely afterthoughts. I guess what I'm saying is that no matter how good a masterpiece TLG is, it may not be a popular one (and vice versa).

Edit to clarify: the UC series have been great movies, but rather uninspired games.

Edited on by Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

Fight_Teza_Fight

@themcnoisy: Thanks for doing this. I've enjoyed following the thread.

Happy that my GOTY won. UC4 is the complete package. Ticks all the boxes and then throws in a few extra ones for good measure.
I'm surprised at how high RnC charted. I've still got it sitting on the shelf as I've been saving it for a dry spell. I may have to just bite the bullet and play it. And here I was all set to finally play AC: Unity

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

themcnoisy

@Mega-Gazz: I think that's a little unfair on uncharted, although I'm not the franchises biggest fan by any stretch. The climbing and puzzle sections are great, the shooting is good in some places and is generally serviceable the other 80% spent shooting. The graphics are outstanding. The platforming / running away / stealth sections vary in quality from "woo hoo" to "whys the f£#£ has he jumped over that way?" The overall history aspects and how they feed the story and characters are really well thought out and acted although the story of each game has been weak. Contrary to that with U4, Naughtydog have done as good a job within the Nathan Drake remit as they could have with the story. The collectibles are silly, they should be alot more context specific - they are just in the game to extend it. The multiplayer of U4 is actually pretty decent as tacked on multiplayer goes. So I understand its high placing.

But overall I'm totally burnt on Uncharted having only completed the remastered trilogy earlier this year, its why its nowhere near my top 3 games. But fans from the PS3 wanting more - its a great game.

themcnoisy

@Octane: @Fight_Teza_Fight: @Mega-Gazz:

Thanks for voting and Merry Christmas. Lets hope we all have some time to game over the festive period.

BoyFromMars82

@themcnoisy: well done on the voting. have to say haven't played any of those top 11 but not had much time this year.

Count me in for Titanfall 2!

BoyFromMars82

PSN: BoyFromMars82

Dichotomy

@themcnoisy: Thanks for the offer, but to be honest I'm a bit behind with gaming this year, I had a long period of just trying to clear some of my backlog across four systems, so only really played Dark Souls 3 from this year on PS4. I'm not going to skew the results by guessing which three games I'd like best, so I'll just watch this one

Dichotomy

themcnoisy

@Dichotomy: The voting finished today at 2pm lol. The finalised result is above. Comment #86.

@BoyFromMars82: Will do mate, I'm either getting TF2 for Xmas or new year so watch this space!

Victor_Meldrew

Great list, good year considering Battlefield 1, Dishonored 2, Street Fighter 5 are missing.

Victor_Meldrew

Dichotomy

@themcnoisy: I was aware it finished today, but didn't know at what time, guess I assumed it'd be later with 2pm in the U.K. still being earlyish for a Sunday in the U.S. Lucky I didn't want to vote anyway

Dichotomy

AdamNovice

Very poor showing for Ubisoft this year, Far Cry Primal, The Division, Grow Up, Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection, Watch Dogs 2 and Steep all failed to notch up a single vote.

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Tasuki

@adf86: I would hae voted for Far Cry Primal, but I thought it came out last year 2015 so picked Mafia III instead. By the time I realized, I didn't know if @themcnoisy counted my votes or not so I just said oh well.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.