Forums

Topic: Pushsquare 2018 screenshot competition

Posts 81 to 99 of 99

Alpine021

Some great shots! Really shows how good games look at the moment. Thanks for hosting this @themcnoisy. Will you be doing one again soon? I just uploaded a few I already had as been so busy working but would love to have a proper go at this.

Alpine021

themcnoisy

@Alpine021 It will be the 2019 Xmas edition. I'm hoping @neolit will be the judge / promoter / thread runner next year too his rundown has been sublime. Can't wait to find out the winner!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

There should be two categories next year - one for screenshots taken without using photomode and one using photomode.haha

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

mookysam

Congrats @Gremio108! Lovely Shadow of the Colossus shot.

Well done everyone, some really nice screenshots here; and thanks to @Neolit for judging.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

@Gremio 108 superb picture and fully deserving of the Platinum prize for screenshot of the year 2018. As Neo has mentioned and wrote more eloquently than I ever could, its a fantastic grab.

@Neolit you my friend have done a fantastic job and are fully deserving of a prize yourself. Happy Christmas brother and thank you for judging.

@get2sammyb @ShogunRok (one of the winners funnily enough) @Quintumply feel free to use Neolits top 20 in an article. His rundown starts at comment 54 page 3 and we had 49 (well 47 members plus 2 people who read) of the community throwing in screenshots and we came up with a top 20. Pretty epic and something we will definitely run again.

As per the guidelines as this was an unofficial Pushsquare competition the community will be closed on Xmas eve.

Thank you everyone for taking part and collaborating. Not everyone can be a winner but just taking the time to post a screenshot has made me smile every time. We are the best Community for stuff just like this hats off to you all and Merry Christmas.

ApostateMage

Ace pic. Congratulations @Gremio108. 👏
I must get around to playing SOTC one day especially with how good it looks now.

Thanks again to @Neolit for having the daunting and difficult task of having to pick between all the awesome shots entered. Fantastic job.

Extra special thanks to @themcnoisy for organising it all. It's good to have you back in full effect mate.

ApostateMage

RogerRoger

Huge congratulations to @Gremio108 for taking such a spectacular shot, and thanks to @Neolit for not only running an excellent contest, but pausing briefly to explain the layered, artistic motivations behind the judging and crowning of the winner. You found stuff in there I hadn't even seen (because yeah, it was one of three that I wouldn't have been able to decide between)!

This has been a blast, and I'm just honoured to have my shots shown alongside everybody else's excellent moments. Can't wait for next year; maybe this time I won't let my OCD continually wipe my PS4's HDD and actually be able to submit some without jumping through so many hoops!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@Neolit @themcnoisy @mookysam @special_donky @AdamNovice @ApostateMage @RogerRoger No way, thank you! This has genuinely made my day.

@Neolit Thanks for the nice words too, they summed up how I feel about this picture without even realising it. I wanted to capture the moment when Agro's back feet were just about to leave the ground and the two of them are committed to the jump, no matter what. The bond between Wander and Agro is so strong, the trust they have in each other is absolute. Agro may be an unpredictable horse at times; she might get snagged on a rock in the desert, or nonchalantly trot off in the other direction when you whistle for her, but she's there in the big moments, when it matters.

Anyway, you'll be glad to know they made the jump and didn't fall to their deaths in the canyon below, that would have been embarrassing for everyone involved.

Thanks again @Neolit and also @themcnoisy for all the work you've put in, I'm off to rename this pic 'Push Square Screenshot of the Year 2018'. Cheers!

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

@RogerRoger You probably know what I'm about to say but here it comes anyway - you should definitely play Shadow of the Colossus! If only because your pics are brilliant and I want to see what you do with SotC's photo mode

@ApostateMage that goes for you as well!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 I'm grateful for the recommendation (I'll add it to the towering pile) and the endorsement of my screencapping skills, but I have moral issues with that game, I'm afraid. Which is a shame, as I'd love to take a crack at its Photo Mode, absolutely!

I'm hoping Ghost of Tsushima has one. That looks tailor-made for some gorgeous shots.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@ApostateMage @AdamNovice no problem and thanks for the screenshots. Have a great Christmas!

WiiWareWave

@Neolit I had bad luck, two of my pictures are extremely similar to one's that made it, though I agree you picked the right ones as mine weren't nearly as pretty.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.