Forums

Topic: PS4pro | OT

Posts 161 to 180 of 203

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: Haha, no - I reckon it is certainly worth getting one as a longer term investment, just temper your expectations a little on Christmas morning is all. It's like getting an iPhone upgrade, once your data is all transferred you are basically looking at your old phone again with a few cool improvements I'd hate to see you on here moaning about it on Boxing Day haha. And yeah hopefully we'll get some gaming in over Christmas, might try TF2.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy: Certainly not trying to put you off - just saying you aren't missing out a great deal at the moment. Unless you are playing those 'few' games that do benefit, then its no different really from your current set-up. You may save a few seconds here and there on loading times but for the most part, its no different from a standard PS4.

Come the new year though, with games like Horizon, Mass Effect, RE7 etc all with Pro enhancements, the chances are you will get more from it. Setting it all up and jumping into Rocket League isn't going to be any different from playing on the base PS4.

TF2 is a game that does benefit visually - although I do think some textures are not as high as the resolution increase needed - On a 1080p TV, it must look sharper as the game uses dynamic scaling and rarely hits 1080p on the base version. I believe it runs very well on the base PS4 so frame rates aren't improved - its still a good game though and worth getting - even though I do think its not as good as some reviews seem to make it out to be. Still look forward to teaming up and kicking some proverbial in the MP with you and other PushSquare Forumites though...

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Mega-Gazz

Every time you write "TF2" I read "Team Fortress 2", which really confused me as to why you'd be buying that now. Took me a while somehow to think of what else it meant.... need a new acronym.

Mega-Gazz

Hego

@Mega-Gazz: I've never played Team Fortress and I own Titanfall 2.... and yet I still automatically think people are talking about Team Fortress when I see TF 2

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Mega-Gazz

Hego wrote:

@themcnoisy: Definitely should get a Titan squad together!

If only I was on UK time, I'd join y'all for this, destiny, etc.

Mega-Gazz

Splat

I started Rise of the Tomb Raider and my goodness does it look good in 4K... It's also a hell of a game.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

DualWielding

@Splat: that's what I'm playing, I don't even have 4K tv but I play at the 4K resolution and the supersampled image looks awesome

PSN: Fertheseeker

BAMozzy

@Splat: Yet to start this on PS4. It was a great looking game on the Xbox One and one of my favourite games of last year. I am looking forward to playing it in 4k mode and all the DLC which I missed out on too.

On a separate note, The Last of Us has been patched to improve performance on the Pro. 4k (with high Shadow quality) hasn't been touched but the 60fps mode now runs at 60fps (at least as well as the base PS4 mode did) although Shadow quality is on the low side - very jaggy but you are getting 1800p, The disappointment though comes for those connecting (or forcing) 1080p mode as this is a 1080p (not downsampled) image. Whether that's a 'bad' thing, considering the only reason you are likely to use this is when connected to a 1080p TV, or not, who knows. The 30fps mode still has the high quality shadows but could still have been downsampled for a 'better' PQ and would still run perfectly at 30fps. The 60fps at 1080p, I believe, runs rock solid at 60fps which is better than the base or 1800p manage as both see drops at certain times. The lower quality shadows can be a bit 'glitchy' too

Edited on by BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Splat

There have been games I thought looked really good on the Pro like Tomb Raider,R&C,Uncharted 4 ect but Horizon is on another level.

A open world game looking this good just blows me away. The fact that it look's this good while also running great is very impressive.

belmont

Greetings guys, I have a question. I was thinking to get a pro in the eastern holidays. I know it comes with a 1tb hdd (is it the usual cheap 5400 rpm disk?) but point is in my launch ps4 I have an expensive sata3 1tb hybrid ssd and obviously I want to use it on the pro.

Can I borrow a 1tb external drive, back up the games from the launch ps4, put the hssd disk on the pro, format the disk and restore the back up from the external drive?

belmont

roe

@belmont Yes.

I got my pro a few weeks ago and put an SSD in it shortly after which works well and I'm glad I did.

roe

BAMozzy

@belmont Whether its 'cheap' or not, it is a 5400rpm 'normal' HDD. You can replace it with the one in your PS4 (or buy another, maybe larger) but you would need move everything off onto an external and reformat/re-install - at least its easier now they have added external support. This wasn't available when I upgraded so can't say for certain it will work but it worked for me with Xbox One when I upgraded to the Slim...

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet woah missed this question from ages ago. The new ds4 feels a tiny bit more durable in the trigger department and the light can be seen underneath you. Pretty cool that tiny feature actually. Other than that it's practically the same.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Splat

I finally got around to playing through Ratchet & Clank again only this time on the Pro. It was all ready a good looking game but it really shines on the Pro.

I know 4K is all the rage but I think HDR is a much bigger deal.

Mega-Gazz

Splat wrote:

HDR is a much bigger deal.

QFT

Too bad the new 2017 Samsung TVs are like $6000 for a 60"

Mega-Gazz

BAMozzy

@Mega-Gazz Doesn't necessary need to be a 2017 TV to get the best HDR experience. Last years models have dropped in price and you can pick up a 65" KS8000 for under £1.9k or the 65" KS7000 for around £1.4k. That's a LOT of UHD Premium certified TV for a (comparatively) little price. They also match up very well to Samsung QLEDs - beating them in a few key areas too. The price of these is comparable to a lot of the non-UHD Premium 4k TV's launching - the TV's that can't reach the minimum standards for HDR.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.