Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 2,111

mookysam

@Th3solution Not played Odyssey yet, although I bought it last week and aim to start it next month (if I ever finish Red Dead 2 that is). I actually delayed getting it for so long because of the length of the game. Playing both back to back would be exhausting One aspect that looks really interesting to me is how it incorporates classical mythology.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

mookysam

@KratosMD Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is brilliant. Would absolutely recommend it! The combat (basically the meat of the game) is a lot of fun; I really enjoyed playing as each of characters as they had their own play style. The presentation is incredible too.

Black Lives Matter

mookysam

@KratosMD Enjoy. I actually played it on the Vita and felt that it ran well but at that price it would be hard to turn down the PS4 version!

Black Lives Matter

ZeroOverOne

@mookysam Thanks so much mate. But what d ya say about the combat in Origins?
Many say that its bad

Please watch the language -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

@Th3solution I played AC: Odyssey and all I can say is that its hella long game. I invested 130 hoirs and still have half of all islands not discovered. A very big plus to that game that u can have your own sea sailing team and fight a kraken in a secret mission. Also the DLC is amazing, liked it 'cause it gives more info about the game. If not consider it as a Assassins creed game ya will be fine. One of the biggest minuses is that the story is a joke really, I wanted to like it, but I couldnt. Fighting is more of an RPG style. And Stealth... bloody stealth... If u try to kill someone when they are sleeping and he is higher level then you are... its gonna say not enough damage. Really Ubi? It has nothing to do with Assassins but its one of the gretaest open worlds i have ever seen

Edited on by ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

Hi guys, did anybody here played Valiant Hearts: The Great War? If yes what d ya say about it?

ZeroOverOne

Th3solution

@ZeroOverOne Thanks! Odyssey does sound awesome. The length is pretty crazy though.
As for Valiant Hearts, I’ve also been curious to play it. I have it on my HDD as an old PS Plus game but have yet to play it. I know many people have liked it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

SPGFan34

@Tasuki @RogerRoger @Th3solution @themcnoisy Hi guys, thanks for your replies to my post yesterday. They were super helpful. I think I might go for Days Gone as it sounds like a good medium sized game for me to enjoy, even if it might not absolutely blow me away. Horizon also makes a lot of sense, but as one of you kindly pointed out, I could buy it myself for about £15.99 these days, so I think I'm going to pick it up as well. I'm gonna avoid RDR2 for now. Rage 2 is still a little bit tempting for me 🤣😂

For those who didnt see it, I'm a student at uni who doesn't get too much regular time for playing games and it's my birthday at the end of the month and my mum's nagging me about what I want, so I'm considering Days Gone, Rage 2, Horizon ZD CE and RDR2. Has anybody played these to help inform my decision or are there any other recent games that would be good? 😎

Edited on by SPGFan34

https://www.gofundme.com/30-hour-broadcast-for-red-nose-day

mookysam

@ZeroOverOne It largely depends on the weapon you use, as each class handles differently and has different speeds, ranges etc. I liked the spears and swords as they had a nice balance. Spears benefit from having a longer reach. The game absolutely vomits weapons at you (it's insane really), and like armour these can be upgraded to your current level if there's a weapon you are particularly fond of. I'd say that blocking and parrying are absolutely essential, but I found these generally easy to pull off, which is saying something as I am not particularly good at reaction heavy combat systems. It's also quite easy to dodge as Bayek is rather agile.
There are also these "overpower" attacks Bayek can use, which vary from a single powerful strike, to a longer overpowered period.

Where possible I'd say use stealth, as this makes life easier. Especially in a fort or enemy camp.

Black Lives Matter

ZeroOverOne

@mookysam Thank you so much, just went out and bought it! Sony owes you one😄😉

ZeroOverOne

ApostateMage

@SPGFan34 I'd recommend RDR2. When you're sick of studying and just want to chill out for an hour or so, what better way than a pleasantly scenic trip up to Grizzlies East for a spot of hunting and fishing. Absolutely bliss.

ApostateMage

ZeroOverOne

@mookysam Thanks for reccomendation SO MUCH!! I love Origins! Played 11 hours non stop. Bought the DLC already and Bayek is so badass. Cheers mate

ZeroOverOne

mookysam

@ZeroOverOne You're welcome and glad you're enjoying it. Eleven hours is a mega play session! I agree that Bayek is a great protagonist. Hope you enjoy the story - the ending is pretty epic!

As it happens I am expecting a cheque from Ubisoft.

Black Lives Matter

Black_Swordsman

Hi I am looking for games that are similar to Souls/Bloodborne and have heard Nioh is the closest thing you will find. I was thinking of getting that. Is the DLC for Nioh harder than the vanilla game? Is Nioh/Nioh's DLC the closest thing you can find to Souls/Bloodborne or can people recommend other similar games that are just as good? And by that, I don't mean the super-tough 2D games you can play that people say are good for Souls/Bloodborne players, I mean on the PS4/PS3, and I already know about Ninja Gaiden Black.

Phew, I hope that says it all.

Thanks guys!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Supposedly The Surge is Soulsborne but with futuristic Sci Fi setting. Haven’t played it though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Elodin

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Nioh is excellent. For others, of course Sekiro a Fromsoftware game. Surge is souls like but was not for me. If you want the the cheap route, Lords of the Fallen, but their is a reason it is so cheap. Personally I would stick with one of the top 2 you can't go wrong.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Sekiro or The Surge. Sekiro is awesome, you will just need to get rid most of your bad habits from the Soulsborne games. The latter takes a bit getting used to, but as soon as I stopped comparing everything to the Soulsborne games I enjoyed it for what it was.

Not played any of the others so can't comment on those.

And then there is Immortal Unchained. It is like a Sci-fi Darks Souls with guns. I've not played it myself but comes reccomended from a mate. It got mixed reviews but apparently a lot of the problems have been patched.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Oh yeah, and it you hang on a couple months, Code Vein comes out in September which is Soulsborne with an anime style aesthetic and addition of AI companions. Reviews aren’t out yet but it’s supposed to be Soul-like in its combat and gameplay.

Thrillho

@ZeroOverOne Hey man, sorry for the delayed reply but Valiant Hearts is a really neat little game. I got it as a PS+ freebie and wouldn't have played it otherwise. The artwork is really well done and the puzzles are challenging enough but without being frustrating. It can be a lot of running between places to fetch stuff at times though.

The intertwining stories are well done and well placed against the whole backdrop. Overall, quite a unique little game and one that's worth playing if you can get it cheap.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic