Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 2,111

Kidfried

@klky A friend of mine recently played this game, who did say it really felt like a last-gen game by now.

I get that for some that might be a turn off. So, just... know it's not as visually impressive anymore as in 2014.

Kidfried

klky

@Kidfried The Last Of Us Remastered? That’s ok, it’s priced accordingly. Thank you.

klky

Kidfried

@klky Wow, I forgot to mention the game's name? :') I haven't had my coffee yet, forgive me.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@klky I would add a brief note about Uncharted 4 and Batman: Arkham Knight, specifically that they're massively improved by playing the previous entries in their franchises first. Uncharted perhaps less so, it does a better job at bringing you up-to-speed, but Arkham Knight can be quite a complex tale (and just so you know, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is a direct sequel to Uncharted 4, too).

Fortunately, everything's available on PS4 in remastered collections. If you'd therefore prefer playing everything in order, look for Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Batman: Return to Arkham. They're usually in some kind of sale somewhere.

If not, and you do jump right in, happy to answer any questions you may have.

Also, welcome to PushSquare!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@klky No problem, man. Both TLOU and UC4 are great games. Arkham Knight's really good too except that gameplay can get pretty repetitive at times.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RR529

How are the .Hack RPGs? They currently have a big sale going on for PS+ members, and they have a collection of .Hack RPGs for $15 (it consists of 3 remastered PS2 games, and a 4th entry newly made just for the collection, though I'm not sure how big that last one is).

I usually prefer to grab previous gen remasters on Switch, but this seems like a lot of content for a great price (and of course the collection isn't currently on Switch).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

After checking my funds, I decided to buy that .Hack collection that's on sale. Probably won't play it soon since I recently completed Tales of Zestiria, but I'm excited to eventually try it nonetheless.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

AndyD

So I am looking to get a PS4 again to play some of the RPGs I missed. Is it worth it you think to dip into the PS4. I have a switch, but the game ports just aren't holding up for me...

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

PSN: devine1981

Th3solution

@scubydo You’re certainly going to get a biased opinion on here, but I would unequivocally say “Yes!” The only reason not to get a PS4 to catch up on some of the excellent RPGs and other games that have come out recently is if you want to wait for the PS5 since it will be backwards compatible. But it will probably be close to a year and a half until that’s released so I very much would encourage you to get a PS4. If RPGs are your thing, you would have plenty with the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Dragon Quest 11, AC Origins and Odyssey, Bloodborne and all the FromSoftware RPGs, A bunch of Yakuza games, The Witcher 3, ....
So, yeah - there’s plenty. Lots of excellent Western RPGs and even some JRPGs.

Edit: I should have just referred you here:
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/06/guide_best_ps4_rpgs?p...
Scan the list and see if anything strikes your fancy. There’s lots more even after these to make a PS4 well worth your purchase.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Splat

Any of you guys play Vampyr on PS4? I played a few hours of it on PC with Game Pass but it ran very poorly for me and I stopped. They have it on sale on PSN right now. If it runs better on console I'll pick it up.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

@Splat I played it on an OG Xbox One and it ran fine for me. Not sure if you have a PS4 Pro but I am sure it will run better on that then an OG Xbox One. I have read from several sources that it did run the poorest on PC.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

@Tasuki Yeah, I have a Pro. I really don't understand why it ran so poorly for me on PC? My set up is far from a beast but can play most games at high or at the very least mid settings. I was getting really bad performance even on the lowest settings with Vampyr.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

@Splat I couldn't tell you I am not techy enough to even begin to understand computers besides the basics, but everyone I know who played it on PC has had problems with it

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ZeroOverOne

Hello guys, I am a new one here, I wanna know aht d ya all think about AC Origins? I played Odyssey but story part was lacking. And I heard Origins aint that bad

ZeroOverOne

RogerRoger

@ZeroOverOne Welcome to PushSquare!

From what I've heard, Assassin's Creed: Origins has a more complete story than Odyssey, but it depends on your mileage with Egyptian history and mythology. As I understand it, the setting for each Assassin's Creed can make or break it, so if you're interested in Egyptology then you'll likely have a great time.

But it'll likely be relatively similar, and there's always the overarching franchise lore and modern day sections (don't expect any answers there, either).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@ZeroOverOne I absolutely loved Origins. Ancient Egypt has always fascinated me; I really enjoyed seeing and exploring the pyramids and other real-life locations. The world is most definitely the star of the game, and Ubisoft did a great job recreating it.

One flaw is how different parts of the map are effectively gated off by the levels of enemies, so whilst you can go anywhere you like, in practice there is some grinding from side-quests required otherwise it'll be too difficult. Early side quests are quite dull, but they greatly improve as the game progresses. Combat is really fun and I enjoyed the stealth when capturing forts.

The story is decent and feels like quite a personal tale. Bayek is an excellent protagonist. The game is set at the tail end of Hellenistic Egypt during the civil war and Cleopatra's power struggle with her brother, as well dealing with the Romans. The western part of the map is based on Roman settlements in northern Libya.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

@mookysam You really make it sound compelling. I’ve had it as a goal to play for a while, along with Odyssey. Did you play Odyssey yet? What’s your take on which is better to play if I could only play one of them? Of course in a perfect world I’d play both, starting with Origins, but the more time trudges on, and PS5 looms, and the number of great games of 2020 get closer, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to devote 200+ hours to one franchise.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic