Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 2,111

AdamantiumClaws

@Tasuki Damn, that's a bummer. Same thing happened with another open-world game I liked, The Saboteur.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Bonbonetti

@AdamantiumClaws It sold well enough according to Wiki's sources, some 1.5 million copies in just over a year. I don't think that figure includes download sales.The main problem in my eyes was that Square Enix, the publisher, did not think it sold well enough to match their expectations. They seem to have decided rather early on that the IP was not worth investing more into. So I don't think the developer got much backing and support, post-launch, from the publisher. Square Enix' somewhat absurd sales expectations have since been criticized by many, since it was not limited to this game. When a publisher openly states that it considers a game a failure, more or less, it won't exactly have a positive effect on sales. So Square Enix creates its own misery in a way.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Th3solution

I’m in a bit of gaming funk. I can’t seem to motivate myself to play anything complicated right now. I’m not sure what to play next.
I’ve just been in a little more of a Vita mood and short bursts of simple gameplay type of mood. Any recommendations for a game that has fun short bursts of gameplay, doesn’t require a lot of thought or time investment? Everything in my backlog looks so ominous and long. I’m sure I’ll get in the mood eventually to take on Assassins Creed Odyssey or get back to Witcher 3, Dark Souls, or Yakuza 0, but not right now. I need something that doesn’t take over my life or require major leveling or skill acquisition. Maybe something like Rime or Rayman Legends from my PS Plus backlog. 🤔 Or a fighter like Injustice 2 since I have been on a Batman kick lately. Or if there is a good RPG that isn’t a million hours long, I’ll take that. Thoughts?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Elodin

@Th3solution Moonlighter is a light, not think so hard rpg, although you just missed the US flash sale for it

Elodin

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Another World. I finished it in a couple of hours when I had a mild hangover the other week.

I'm gonna start Inside after I'm done with Far Cry 5 as I fancy a shorter experience after Sekiro and FC5.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

@Bonbonetti @AdamantiumClaws I think it had more to do with the closer of United Front Games more then anything else. They did a bunch of other work for other studios too like MS for the Master Cheif collection and Sony for Little Big Planet Karting or whatever it was called. They really never went into why they shut down or if it was even Squares fault, but without United Front, more then likely Square just didn't have the man power to continue the series since most of their people are busy with bigger projects like the FF series.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki They were talks back then about a Sleeping Dogs sequel. Were those just rumours?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Tasuki

@WanderingBullet They weren't rumors. The game did well and United Front was planning on a sequel as well as a spin-off game Traid Wars which was a MMO. Both were cancelled of course when the studio closed

My Backlog

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki Ah, ok. I thought Triad Wars was the name of the sequel. Didn't know they were actually planning on a spin-off game as well.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Jaz007

@Th3solution Going back to Resogun might not be a bad idea. If you downloaded COD4 Remastered then the MP fits too. Doesn't require thought, easy to get kills. It's like eating popcorn at the movies with a summer action flick. Very easy to get in for a round then abandon. Kingdom Hearts are 20-30 hours RPGs. Can be a tougher at time but you could play at a easier difficulty. It's still a good experience.
There's the Uncharted game. All concise game that are fantastic and not super difficult.
Samurai Warriors 4 Chronicles fits RPG a bit, excellent characters with mini-stories and whatnot. The idea is that you're going around Japan Chronicling all the different famous poeple and getting to know them. The game also has full story modes, but I found it worth it for that mode alone. You feel fine if you don't %100 it.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 @JohnnyShoulder @Elodin Thanks for your thoughts. There are some good recommendations. As far as Moonlighter, it does look interesting. I’ll keep an eye out for another sale. It looks like a good future PS Plus game.
I think Another World is in my library so I’ll consider that, although I seem to remember some people bagging on it.
I really enjoyed Resogun back in the day, so maybe it’s time to redownload it. And I’ve never been into COD, KH, or Samurai Warriors but of the three SW sounds the most interesting. And I love Uncharted and have often considered a replay of the first 3 on the Nathan Drake Collection whenever I see it on sale for like $9. We’ll see. Part of my problem is that I am trying not to spend too much money. So those that are in my Plus collection or backlog will probably be things I should try first.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Oh yeah, I really liked Never Alone. That’s the perfect kind of game I was looking for but yes, I already played it back when it was on Plus a couple years ago.

I did fire up an old game from the PS Plus backlog — Velocity 2X to see if that quenched my gaming thirsts and it seems to be a good choice so far. I liked the first game. Velocity Ultra. It’s like Resogun in that it’s a arcadey space shooter but also a simple platformer and levels are really quick, and it has an addictive simple gameplay with a basic storyline. It actually got a 10/10 on Push Square, and I’m not sure if I’d go quite that far but I’m only about 20% into it. Total playtime is 3-8 hours or more if I want the platinum (probably not) so it will suffice for now. It’s a good game. But yeah, Never Alone is a nice little niche platformer with a lot of character.

Dragonboy92465

Hey everybody!
I am new to Push Square so I want to say hello. I have been playing God Of War and it is amazing!!! I can’t get enough!

Edited on by Tasuki

Dragonboy92465

Tasuki

@Dragonboy92465 Sorry but any sort of advertising is not allowed here in the forums. Of course being that you are new here I am sure you read the rules before creating an account.

Do not post adverts; Posts simply to promote your own website, YouTube channel, social media account etc. are not allowed. Instead, you are allowed to include a link in your forum signature.

Thanks for understanding

My Backlog

JohnnyShoulder

Has anyone played Need for Speed Payback? It is currently on sale in the ps store. I understand there was some negativity surrounding microtransactions when it was released, but apparently the dev was supposed to phase them out. Done a quick Google and there are couple things which contradict each other, like they were never actually phased out. Can anyone confirm this please?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate Cheers man! I may give it a go as I'm in the mood for an arcadey racer. Not too keen on the grind as I don't enjoy that in any game. I've got Dirt Rally but that is a bit too hard-core for me. I may give Dirt 4 a go when it is on sale next as I hear it is more accessible.

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate Thanks once again, I've just started the download. Sony and EA owe you one lol.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic