Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 2,111

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Such is the diversity of humanity, as I'd take the coffee.

Hope it turns out to be decent! Let us know!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No worries, hope you enjoy the game if you decide to purchase it.

When you compare it like that, it seems crazy that we think nothing of spending that on something like coffee, but when it comes to video games we (while I do sometimes) can give it a second thought before taking the plunge. Even more crazy when you see how much time we spend playing them!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder Compared to most things I spend money on, video games are actually quite cheap.

Last week I spent 20 euro on a hour and a half concert ticket and considered that to be a very good deal. On the other hand, I still haven't pulled the trigger on AC Origins - an 100 hour epic journey for the same price.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried Oh, I hear that, guys. I hear that.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, to respond to your thoughts on Dark Souls here to avoid derailing the Top 5 thread too much, I haven’t really had the time and energy for much big time gaming lately.
And on the subject, I think if I do scratch the From Software Soulsborne itch (do we now have to call it “Soulsbornekiro”?) then I’ll likely do Dark Souls 3 first since the price is right. For some reason the DS1 Remaster is still $30-40 usually whereas I picked up the DS3 Firefades Ed on sale for $15. That leaves an extra $15 for coffee 😂. Actually for me it will be for ice cream, which is my guilty pleasure consumable.
I also have an interest to try Dead Cells. Have you played that? I know it’s a completely different genre, but it’s described as Soulsborne-ish (Soulsbornekiro-ish ...😂) in its difficult but satisfying combat that rewards dying over and over and learning the nuance of the system. Obviously being 2D is a completely different experience, but it is funny how “Dead Cells” almost has a similar sound to the name as “Dark Souls.” I wonder if that was purposeful on the developers part to give homage to From for the inspiration of the game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

@JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution

To chime in (and not derail the top 5 thread like solution suggested) I wouldn't say DSIII's combat is exactly like BB's.

But 3 is faster paced then the others and is the most suited of the souls for a more aggressive style of play... pretty sure one ring even lets you use the BB health mechanic or something similar (Never actually used it myself though!)

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Th3solution “Soulsbornekiro” cruelly overlooks Nioh.

Soulsbornekiroh works however.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah I've got Dead Cells, only played it briefly though. The combat felt a bit too fast paced and chaotic for me, but I do intend to go back to it at some point.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

@Th3solution Dead Cells felt very good the first round around, but I felt it got repetitive pretty fast. I am really interested in what others have to say about the game. I should really pick it back up again.

Side note: I played this on the Switch, and thus hated its controls. That always colors my reception of a game way too much.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

Oh, and the specs. Based on what we heard I think it's pretty difficult to asses whether these are truly impressive, but at least it doesn't sound bad.

The backward compatibility is the biggest win for us gamers. With that feature in place, I can't even see myself considering Xbox (or the Epic Store, haha) at this point.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Hmmmm, was this supposed to go in the ps5 section?

Thrillho

@Kidfried @JohnnyShoulder I really enjoyed Dead Cells. Learning about the different routes was cool and I liked the slow progression as you gradually improved (and unlocked extra kit). I still never managed to beat the final boss though..

I wish you could take pieces of equipment out of your roster though. It was really annoying to be given such rubbish gear to start with as you'd unlocked something not knowing if it was any good.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder got my tabs mixed up!

@Thrillho thanks fo lr some encouragement. If I ever take the Switch for a spin again soon, I'll try that.

Either that or (preferably) a nice deal on the PS4.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Happens to the best of us!

AdamantiumClaws

Return to Arkham. Arkham City is better than ever!

Even the rocks do not recall.

HallowMoonshadow

Seeing as the actual thread is locked and I don't know if I'm going to post in that much if I ask Tasuki to re-open it... @Fight_Sora_Fight you're the original creator of the Digimon hacker's memory topic

Haven't got it yet (Easter bank holidays have messed up my order) , any tips for a first time player?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Have you played the original Cyber Sleuth?

Both games take place in the same overarching timeline. I think overall the first game is better, but Hacker’s Memory is still excellent.

The great thing about the Cyber Sleuth games is, is that there are no wasted Digimon.
You can get to pretty any Digimon you want by digivolving & de-digivolving. Depending at what stage/form you do it at, you’ll get extra AP points, which adds additional ability points to your Digimons base stat.
You gain these every time the ‘base’ Digimon reaches a ‘new’ form. This system therefore encourages you to continuously evolve & de-evolve.
Unlike Pokemon there are no ‘useless’ Digimon.

Also there is a in-game Digimon Evolution chart which is viewable. That gives you a little bit more insight & let’s you plan ahead how you would like to evolve your Digimon- it’s useful if you want specific skills/mon & wish to max out stats.

Also Digimon are obtained by ‘scanning’ them through encounters. No need to worry about KO-ing them.
You can summon them once you hit a scan % of 100% in the lab. Don’t do that, as you can gain additional info with continuous encounters, up to 200%- this gives you additional ability points.

Never release a Digimon. Even a throwaway, can be turned into a Gold Numemon (Ultra) or Platinum Numemon (Mega), by just being trained at the digi-farm.
Those digimons can be sacrificed by loading them into another Digimon giving them massive EXP boosts. Depending on the level you can gain anywhere from ~7k to ~80k from one Gold/Platinum Numemon (Plat is better, but takes longer).

Also there is lots of free DLC available from extra missions to new digimons.
I know that’s a lot, but enjoy!!!

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

AdamantiumClaws

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. So far, the gameplay is really fun. Haven't seen fighting gameplay this good since Batman Arkham. Smashing people into things for environmental takedowns is amazing.

Edited on by AdamantiumClaws

AdamantiumClaws

@Tasuki I prefer it over GTA V too 😁
How come you think we won’t get another? Did it not sell well?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic