Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 2,111

kyleforrester87

@johncalmc @Kidfried Cool gif. Get used to watching it over and over and over and over and over if you play the game. And the annoying cat. And the catchy at first but annoying music. And the constant unnecessary exposition. And being told when to go to bed.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@Kidfried You know which one I'd recommend, so I won't, because you've also had two other recommendations for two other games from the list and I don't wanna make the choice any more difficult, as that's a really decent-looking list. I reckon you'd enjoy anything from that selection!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@Kidfried Persona 5 is the greatest game ever made. Just get and start playing it - it appear in time why it’s the greatest game ever made. It gets better as you play it more.

Jaz007

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Kidfried Here’s another vote for Persona 5, because it’s the greatest.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Thrillho

@Kidfried If you like the Souls games, then Nioh is a must. It's a bit more accessible than those games and the combat is quite unique (each weapon has a low, middle, and high stance). It's also more classically laid out with separate levels rather than one large world.

Thrillho

mookysam

@Kidfried Ooh Persona 5! It would certainly be the best value and it is glorious after all. Don't listen to that cheeky scamp @kyleforrester87, he's been sent to bed with water and a crust of bread! I would also very highly recommend Dishonored 2. It's very skillfully made with some amazing level design.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 It's okay, buddy. We few remaining in the "Never Played Persona 5" group will grant you asylum. We've got a spare seat now that it looks like @Kidfried is about to leave us!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Kidfried @beemo I stalled out on P5 too at around hour 20 or 30 ish. But I can still confidently recommend it since it oozes style and I enjoyed my time. It’s just really long and probably my ADD is getting worse.... Or something....What was I saying? I lost my train of thought when that Toyota advertisement came on TV just now. I really like the sporty look of the new Camrys. The front end grill looks a little bit like the car is grimacing at you. If I owned one I think I’d call him “Grimace”. Man, that reminds me, I’m hungry.... a Big Mac sounds good right now....
Oh yeah, anyways. Persona 5. Yeah, it’s really good. Spectacular art style, the story is interesting, and the gameplay is pretty good, if not derivative of P4G. The long games are killing me though. I have trouble completing games over 50 hours lately.
Rise of the TR is really good (Shadow is better imo, but not by a huge amount and the story builds somewhat on Rise so it would behoove you to play Rise first if possible). Ultra Despair Girls is good too. I would probably avoid Rise of the TR back-to-back with Red Dead, too much open world action fatigue that might set in. And that would be a whole lotta bow-and-arrow hunting all at once too. But definitely play it later on at some point.
UDG is more niche of course, but if you liked the Danganronpa universe, then it might be a fresh change of pace from cowboying. It is still 3rd person shooting, though, but very different in its own right. Better than expected.
Those 3 are the only ones from the list I played, and I can recommend them all.
To me the game that is the most different from RDR2 is OnRush. Except no one actually has played that game, so it will be hard to get any recommendation on it, so we’ll never know. 😉

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution @beemo @RogerRoger @mookysam @Thrillho @Fight_Teza_Fight @johncalmc @ApostateMage @Jaz007 Thanks everyone for replying. I will get back to this soon, but haven't decided yet.

That of course is due to my right hand going numb at the moment m I was in my local game store yesterday, but I just couldn't see the point in picking any of these up if I wasn't able to play them until my doctor's appointment anyway.

So, instead I got Into The Breach (not on PS4 unfortunately! I think it's Switch and PC only... for now). It's a turn based strategy game and can easily be played with one hand, so it's perfect.

It came out in February I think, and I heard some people name it contender for GOTY, which is why I wanted to give it a try. I only played for four hours, but I'll share my impressions on this game somewhere on the forum probably later this week.

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I didn't pick the DLC up! I always wanted to but rarely do I bother (still to get the XBC2 DLC, but it will happen!)

I did hear it is worth having, though. I believe Pushsquare reviewed each part as it came out?

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Not that it helps but I've got the season pass but not played any of it yet.

My advice with any dlc is to play the main game first. There is a risk you may not like a game so would never play the dlc. You can always purchase the dlc at a later date if you want more from the game. Those things are always on sale on the ps store.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

andreoni79

@KratosMD The DLC are surely worthy € 10 to me. End of Zoe changes the combat mechanics (and lasts around 2 hours), Daughters add some background story (1 hour), Bedroom is an interesting extra (1 hour) and the remaining are funny replayable minigames.
I personally play through any Resi at least twice since a single run is not enough to enjoy all the little creepy details and this one has its regular collectables and unlockables so the main base + the free DLC should still be enough and you could spend the saved € 10 to buy for example the Resi Origins Bundle (often on sale for that price) or The Forest which is surprisingly good.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yeah for a tenner it's a no brainer to me to just get the DLC.

Is the teaser the beginning hour? I wouldn't bother with that to be honest, I played it before the main game launched (assuming it's the same demo) and I didn't like it and was worried about the main game. Sammy convinced me to get the main game in his review and I'm really glad I did. My opinion of it did a 180 after the first hour.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

crippyd

Hi guys, my pal (who isn't on here) has just picked up a PS4 with Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn and Wipeout(?). He is looking for the exclusives and I have recommended God of War, Detroit Become Human, the Uncharted games and Shadow of the Colossus as that's what I've seen you chaps talk about a lot here. Is there any other exclusives that you could chuck in the ring for my pal to have a look at?

crippyd

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD It's not part of the main game at all, but it's set in the same house and has puzzles which are representative of what show up in the main game and a bit of plot. But you're just sort of plonked into the demo without any establishment and you have no weapons or anything. It's okay to get an idea of the environment, visuals and how the character controls I guess. And it had a few items and puzzles which kicked up lots of debate on the internet, helping advertise the game. But generally I was unimpressed by it. I'm assuming it's the same demo, anyway.

I dunno, give it a go, it's free after all. But if you don't really dig what you played don't think you necessarily won't like the main game.

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic