Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,111

AdamantiumClaws

KratosMD wrote:

@Tasuki The only game that I can think of like that on the PS3 would be 'Sorcery'. Keep in mind though that it's a PS Move game. It definitely has the feel of Fable though.

I myself own the game and did play it for awhile and thought it was pretty fun. The motion controls were pretty accurate all things considered. It's also a bit on the shorter side and it's not really an open world action RPG. It's more like an action/adventure game.

A PS Move came with my PS3 Slim. I never did use it though. Wonder if I should.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Bonbonetti

@Tasuki If you are still looking for suggestions. I'm thinking of Ni no Kuni, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Eternal Sonata for the PS3. Ni no Kuni 2 and World of Final Fantasy on the PS4. Perhaps the Digimon Story and Star Ocean games as well. I would give a special mention of Indie titles like Oceanhorn, Earthlock, Mages of Mystralia, and Little Witch Academia on the PS4.I don't think any of these games are particularily adult in tone, as far as nudity and gore is concerned.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Th3solution

@Necuvise I switched over to this thread which seemed more appropriate to continue the discussion.
I haven’t heard many people who liked Dark Souls 2 over he others. Most seem to prefer DS1 or DS3. Now I’m all confused.
How about Nioh? That’s coming to PS Plus next month, rumor has it. Better than Dark Souls? If I could only play one, which would it be?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

NecuVise

@Th3solution look, I enjoyed nioh a lot, I really did! But I also despised it a lot! For every thing I liked, there was something I disliked. The combat is very very enjoyable, can't stress this enough, I enjoyed it more that I enjoyed dark souls combat. What I disliked was boss design, garbage loot and overly dark atmosphere to the point I couldn't see environment and enemies properly is some places. Bosses felt cheap for me. As for the loot you simply get too many items and from the very beginning you can get legendary (however they called them) items and for a loot based RPG that's just bad. Sometimes I didn't even bother to look what I got as there were so many items that it felt like a chore. The whole game was kinda grindy.

I may sound too negative, as I have mainly pointed out the bad things, but I enjoyed its combat so much that I'll install it if we get it as a psplus game and play it until I get fed up with all these negative things. I really hope they will fix these negative issues in nioh 2.

NecuVise

Th3solution

@NecuVise @JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the input. I have a feeling I’ll like DS 3 best but I don’t know. The difficult boss battles sound scary, but if I made it through Bloodborne then I suppose I could manage. Nioh has some pretty cool looking art design, but it sounds to me a little less polished from a gameplay standpoint. If we get it free I’ll definitely give it a whirl. If I gotta pay, then I’ll probably try one of the DS first. Probably 3. But I’m not doing anything for a couple months.

Kidfried

@Th3solution I might play Nioh first actually, because it is more different from Dark Souls and Bloodborne. That way, if I play Dark Souls 1 later, I will not constantly compare it to Bloodborne.

But, with my partner not digging the type of game too much, I am probably going to pick up Red Dead 2 or Assassin's Creed first.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Personally if I was in your position I would play DSR first. In a couple of months it may be reduced in the Black Friday Sales.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@Th3solution Sorry, didn't realise you'd switched threads. Wouldn't worry too much, whichever one you go for, you'll enjoy.

Just don't play them all back to back. That way madness lies.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, whether or not Nioh ends up as a free Plus game is the wild card. If so, that will probably trump everything and make it more likely to be tried first. (Unless the other Soulsborne game I’m interested in, Code Vein, ends up reviewing well. The anime style there really intrigues me)

Are you inclined to start with AC Origins or are you thinking of jumping straight over to Odyssey? I’m going to probably do Origins first despite Odyssey looking like it might end up being the more interesting of the two. I’m not sure which order I’m going to attack all these games either because I had planned on playing Red Dead 2 at launch as well, but now I might just have to wait while I play through some of these older games. I don’t know. I play games much too slow and what I really need is a clone of myself. One of me can be at work and one of me can be working on my gaming backlog.

biscuit_of_rage

Hi guys im lookig for a gears of war type game to play any recommendations?

biscuit_of_rage

RogerRoger

@biscuit_of_rage Do you mean in terms of setting, narrative, design, etc. or in terms of it being a solid cover-based third-person shooter?

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger @biscuit_of_rage I'm wondering the same. I immediately thought of a few very good singleplayer shooter campaigns, but recommending those makes no sense when you're more interested in a multiplayer experience.

Kidfried

biscuit_of_rage

Kidfried wrote:

@RogerRoger @biscuit_of_rage I'm wondering the same. I immediately thought of a few very good singleplayer shooter campaigns, but recommending those makes no sense when you're more interested in a multiplayer experience.

the multiplayer was lots of fun. so yea a bit of both perhaps?

biscuit_of_rage

RogerRoger

@biscuit_of_rage Well, the obvious answer is Uncharted; on PS4, you've got Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, both of which offer narrative-driven shooter gameplay peppered with exploration and puzzle-solving, and both come with Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, a very fun knock-about third-person shooter online mode with several different gameplay modes.

If you've never played the series before, you could also get Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, which features remasters of the first three Uncharted games from the PS3 era, upgraded and bundled together on PS4. No multiplayer, but three great storylines.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@biscuit_of_rage The Order is a good cover based shooter. It's short, only single player and certainly not perfect, but I think it's worth your time if youre looking for a cool campaign.

Last of Us is of course a very different ordeal from Gears of War, but the shooting in it is great. The multiplayer is a lot of fun, and probably the closest thing to Gears of War on PS4.

Titanfall 2 and Rainbow Six Siege are both first person, but they both have a tactical side to them, which Gears of War fans probably like. Especially Siege I think is really good (though only MP).

Summing it up... Gears of War is a unique game, and I don't think there's anything exactly like it on the PlayStation side. But there are a lot of cool games that Gears fan appreciate on the console

Maybe you already knew/played all of the games I named. Just let me know, then I'll try to think of something more obscure.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@biscuit_of_rage If you have a PS3, Vanquish!

Failing that - Dark Void. It's a similar to Uncharted on foot - but once you get the jetpack, it's Rocketeer all the way!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@biscuit_of_rage Also, Strange Brigade just came out. A horde shooter in third person. Its set in a fantasy/zombie version of the 1930's. Looked into that one already?

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic