Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 2,111

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Personally if I was in your position I would play DSR first. In a couple of months it may be reduced in the Black Friday Sales.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@Th3solution Sorry, didn't realise you'd switched threads. Wouldn't worry too much, whichever one you go for, you'll enjoy.

Just don't play them all back to back. That way madness lies.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, whether or not Nioh ends up as a free Plus game is the wild card. If so, that will probably trump everything and make it more likely to be tried first. (Unless the other Soulsborne game I’m interested in, Code Vein, ends up reviewing well. The anime style there really intrigues me)

Are you inclined to start with AC Origins or are you thinking of jumping straight over to Odyssey? I’m going to probably do Origins first despite Odyssey looking like it might end up being the more interesting of the two. I’m not sure which order I’m going to attack all these games either because I had planned on playing Red Dead 2 at launch as well, but now I might just have to wait while I play through some of these older games. I don’t know. I play games much too slow and what I really need is a clone of myself. One of me can be at work and one of me can be working on my gaming backlog.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

biscuit_of_rage

Hi guys im lookig for a gears of war type game to play any recommendations?

biscuit_of_rage

RogerRoger

@biscuit_of_rage Do you mean in terms of setting, narrative, design, etc. or in terms of it being a solid cover-based third-person shooter?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger @biscuit_of_rage I'm wondering the same. I immediately thought of a few very good singleplayer shooter campaigns, but recommending those makes no sense when you're more interested in a multiplayer experience.

Kidfried

biscuit_of_rage

Kidfried wrote:

@RogerRoger @biscuit_of_rage I'm wondering the same. I immediately thought of a few very good singleplayer shooter campaigns, but recommending those makes no sense when you're more interested in a multiplayer experience.

the multiplayer was lots of fun. so yea a bit of both perhaps?

biscuit_of_rage

RogerRoger

@biscuit_of_rage Well, the obvious answer is Uncharted; on PS4, you've got Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, both of which offer narrative-driven shooter gameplay peppered with exploration and puzzle-solving, and both come with Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, a very fun knock-about third-person shooter online mode with several different gameplay modes.

If you've never played the series before, you could also get Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, which features remasters of the first three Uncharted games from the PS3 era, upgraded and bundled together on PS4. No multiplayer, but three great storylines.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@biscuit_of_rage The Order is a good cover based shooter. It's short, only single player and certainly not perfect, but I think it's worth your time if youre looking for a cool campaign.

Last of Us is of course a very different ordeal from Gears of War, but the shooting in it is great. The multiplayer is a lot of fun, and probably the closest thing to Gears of War on PS4.

Titanfall 2 and Rainbow Six Siege are both first person, but they both have a tactical side to them, which Gears of War fans probably like. Especially Siege I think is really good (though only MP).

Summing it up... Gears of War is a unique game, and I don't think there's anything exactly like it on the PlayStation side. But there are a lot of cool games that Gears fan appreciate on the console

Maybe you already knew/played all of the games I named. Just let me know, then I'll try to think of something more obscure.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@biscuit_of_rage If you have a PS3, Vanquish!

Failing that - Dark Void. It's a similar to Uncharted on foot - but once you get the jetpack, it's Rocketeer all the way!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@biscuit_of_rage Also, Strange Brigade just came out. A horde shooter in third person. Its set in a fantasy/zombie version of the 1930's. Looked into that one already?

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried @KALofKRYPTON The Order: 1886 and Vanquish are both incredible suggestions!

If you haven't checked them out already, @biscuit_of_rage then I highly recommend them, too!

Making It So Since 1987

Bonbonetti

@biscuit_of_rage The PS4 doesn't have many of these, most cover-based games on this system focus on stealth (The Last of Us, Sniper Elite, Metal Gear, ...), and sometimes on platforming (Uncharted, Tomb Raider).

Rogue Trooper Redux, The Order and The Division are probably the best match.

Bonbonetti

biscuit_of_rage

Hi thank you to everyone for their recommendations much appreciated, i will be looking into them well obviously not all games are quite pricey these days

biscuit_of_rage

Tjuz

My sister and I enjoy playing couch co-op platforming games together. We played the singleplayer campaign of LittleBigPlanet 3 earlier this year, and have just finished playing Rayman Legends a couple days ago. Now I'm on a quest to find another couch co-op platforming game that we'd both enjoy. There don't seem to be many options, however. I have a PS3 and a PS4. The problem is that I only have 1 PS3 controller vs. 2 PS4 controllers, although I did see you can use your PS4 controller on your PS3? Maybe it isn't a problem if that's the case. I've had my eye on Unravel Two, LittleBigPlanet 2 and Puppeteer in my searches, but I'm not quite sold on any of them.

The problem with LBG2 and Puppeteer is the controller thing. Do any of you have experience with using a DS4 on the PS3 (possibly specifically with these games) and did it work well? I'd like to keep the costs low and not have to buy an extra PS3 controller if not absolutely necessary, as I don't have a ton of money to throw around. Another thing specifically with Puppeteer is that I saw the co-op consists of one person actually doing the platforming and the other person kind of just floating around occasionally doing something? If anyone has had experience with the co-op in Puppeteer, was it fun for both people (specifically the one floating around)?

Unravel Two looks all cutesy, but the environments don't look too varied and the platforming not very interesting in the quick scrolling around through YouTube gameplay I've done. Do I have a completely wrong impression of the game, or is that pretty much what I should expect were I to play it?

It's certainly a big dilemma, since LittleBigPlanet 3 and Rayman Legends were pretty obvious choices, but now it becomes trickier. We're open to 3D platforming too. I was initially hoping the 2016 Ratchet & Clank game had co-op, but it seems to be singleplayer only. I'm open to any other suggestions or obscurer games that I might not have discovered in my trudges of the internet. Preferably something as close as possible to LBG3 or RL, but ''out of the box'' suggestions are welcome too if you think we'd enjoy them. I need all the help I can get! Thanks in advance everyone!

Tjuz

Kidfried

@Tjuz I totally get you. My number one suggestion would be Unravel 2. Gameplay wise its a lot like the two games you enjoyed, and it has a lot of working together stuff. However, with games you also have to go with your gut. If the game doesn't interest you from what you say, you might just leave it.

Besides that I loved Guacemelee a lot. It's not pure platformer, but beat-m-up-ish as well, but like Rayman and LBP the game is all fun.

There is Trine as well. It's not my cup of tea, but maybe you'd like it.

More out of the box, I think Lara Croft is very cool in co-op. It has platformer elements, and relies on good co-operation too.

Even further outside the box: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Terraria.

Just dropping some titles that I thought of.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Tjuz You are in luck cos there is guide on this very site!

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/08/guide_best_ps4_co-op_g...

Admittedly most of those don't meet your criteria. From that list I would go for overcooked 2 or even the first game as it will be cheaper.

One game not mentioned is Chariot. It got an 8 from this site.

https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/chariot

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Tjuz
@Tasuki was pretty high on A Way Out as a local co-op game recently. His experience sounded pretty convincing. But it’s not of the platforming type genre you appear to be looking for. I’m not very well versed in couch co-op games but Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is a good shout. It’s co-op platforming and puzzle solving along with some combat as well.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic