Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 2,111

Ralizah

Does anyone here know if the PS4 port of Final Fantasy VII still comes with the exclusive theme?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Thanks so much! It's on sale, and I kind of want that theme, so this seems like a good opportunity to repurchase FF7.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Jaz007

I just read Nier: Automata has 26 ending?! How long does the game take to beat and how many times do you need to play it to experience it enough.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Don’t worry. It’s not as onerous as it sounds. I’ll try to avoid spoilers as best I can, because the game really needs to be experienced in its fullest due to the absolute unique nature in which it tells the story. But, without going into detail, some of the endings are simply doing a specific act that results in a quick death or end to the story and a brief animation or text scroll saying what happened because of what “wrong” choice you did or how you died. The majority are brief and then you reload right back to your last checkpoint. So it’s not as overwhelming as it sounds. To experience the game to its fullest though, you need to plan on at least 3 playthroughs or “routes” where you get to the real meaty endings. If you don’t do those three, then you won’t get the full impact of the story. So plan on about 40-50 hours maybe to do all that. (That’s a guess, because it has been a while since I played it)

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tasuki

Ok so this is a tough one but maybe someone can help here.

My son recently has been playing Fable 2 on the Xbox One and he asked me if there is a game similar to Fable either on the PS3 or PS4. Now I don't mean similar as in an open world RPG, cause if that's the case there's Skyrim, Dragon Age, Witcher III etc. What I mean is something the "feels" like the Fable series similar tone not the dark fantasy tone that RPGs have become.

I already did a Google search but got sames like Skyrim, Witcher III etc. and as I said those are good they just don't feel like Fable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

@Tasuki I haven’t played Fable so this is a shot in the dark — maybe consider Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on PS3. That is a fun open world RPG with much less grittiness than Skyrim or Dragons Dogma. It’s got magic and swords, elves and dwarf like races, a whole lot of customization of your character and equipment, and is a very long game. I rather enjoyed it. The art style seems kinda similar to what I saw with Fable, but I’m not sure.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tasuki

@Th3solution It's funny that you mentioned KoA, cause when I did a Google that game came up too. I don't know if it's has the Fable feel since I never played KoA, but it might be one to check out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki How old is your son? Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning is rated 15 here in the UK, so depending on the age of your son it might not be the right game for him.

If not check out Oceanhorn. Apart from the awful name, it is a fun little Zelda like game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ-firl

@Tasuki The first game that comes to my mind is ‘Venetica’.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

WanderingBullet

Anybody here played the Banner Saga series before? If so, would you guys recommend it? I'm asking because the trilogy edition is coming out on the 27th of July.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

AdamantiumClaws

KratosMD wrote:

@Tasuki The only game that I can think of like that on the PS3 would be 'Sorcery'. Keep in mind though that it's a PS Move game. It definitely has the feel of Fable though.

I myself own the game and did play it for awhile and thought it was pretty fun. The motion controls were pretty accurate all things considered. It's also a bit on the shorter side and it's not really an open world action RPG. It's more like an action/adventure game.

A PS Move came with my PS3 Slim. I never did use it though. Wonder if I should.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Bonbonetti

@Tasuki If you are still looking for suggestions. I'm thinking of Ni no Kuni, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Eternal Sonata for the PS3. Ni no Kuni 2 and World of Final Fantasy on the PS4. Perhaps the Digimon Story and Star Ocean games as well. I would give a special mention of Indie titles like Oceanhorn, Earthlock, Mages of Mystralia, and Little Witch Academia on the PS4.I don't think any of these games are particularily adult in tone, as far as nudity and gore is concerned.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Th3solution

@Necuvise I switched over to this thread which seemed more appropriate to continue the discussion.
I haven’t heard many people who liked Dark Souls 2 over he others. Most seem to prefer DS1 or DS3. Now I’m all confused.
How about Nioh? That’s coming to PS Plus next month, rumor has it. Better than Dark Souls? If I could only play one, which would it be?

NecuVise

@Th3solution look, I enjoyed nioh a lot, I really did! But I also despised it a lot! For every thing I liked, there was something I disliked. The combat is very very enjoyable, can't stress this enough, I enjoyed it more that I enjoyed dark souls combat. What I disliked was boss design, garbage loot and overly dark atmosphere to the point I couldn't see environment and enemies properly is some places. Bosses felt cheap for me. As for the loot you simply get too many items and from the very beginning you can get legendary (however they called them) items and for a loot based RPG that's just bad. Sometimes I didn't even bother to look what I got as there were so many items that it felt like a chore. The whole game was kinda grindy.

I may sound too negative, as I have mainly pointed out the bad things, but I enjoyed its combat so much that I'll install it if we get it as a psplus game and play it until I get fed up with all these negative things. I really hope they will fix these negative issues in nioh 2.

NecuVise

Th3solution

@NecuVise @JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the input. I have a feeling I’ll like DS 3 best but I don’t know. The difficult boss battles sound scary, but if I made it through Bloodborne then I suppose I could manage. Nioh has some pretty cool looking art design, but it sounds to me a little less polished from a gameplay standpoint. If we get it free I’ll definitely give it a whirl. If I gotta pay, then I’ll probably try one of the DS first. Probably 3. But I’m not doing anything for a couple months.

Kidfried

@Th3solution I might play Nioh first actually, because it is more different from Dark Souls and Bloodborne. That way, if I play Dark Souls 1 later, I will not constantly compare it to Bloodborne.

But, with my partner not digging the type of game too much, I am probably going to pick up Red Dead 2 or Assassin's Creed first.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic