Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,111

Tasuki

@Jaz007 NP I know it seems confusing. Especially now that when people say Fortnite they are more then likely talking about the Battle Royale mode. I don't know anyone who talks about the main game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

I played Fortnite Battle Royale a few weeks ago. I can see the appeal as games can be quite exciting and tense while you scavenge for better loot and sneak around the map. But the best placed I came is when I did almost nothing and hid in a corner lol. Didn't use any of the building stuff as apparently that paints a target on ya, and comes more into play when there are only a handful of players left.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

Okay, I’m in the market for a good multiplayer game and I’m looking at Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1? Which one should I go for? Or is there a third game I should look at?

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 You still should be able to get on a few maps with decent amount of people. Just cos a gazillion people aren't playing em doesn't necessarily mean they are gonna be no one playing.

I jumped in Battlefield 4 12 to 18 months after it was released when the dlc was free and was still able to find games full of people. Only the more obscure modes and maps were a bit empty.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

NecuVise

@Jaz007 just don't buy battlefield 1. I had it on Xbox one, I have it in ps4 and I have no more than 15-20 hours in it. It just isn't fun in my opinion. Titanfall is cheaper and is pure fun. Even if you end up not liking it you can get it for 6 dollars right now so it's not a lot of money.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise That is quite subjective though whether you find it fun or not. Admittedly it didn't click with me but that was more to do the historical setting. Loads of people enjoy the game for what it is. Titanfall 2 was good but there was not enough there to keep me playing. Awesome single player campaign though.

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder I have read and heard numerous battlefield veterans that they abandoned the game and everyone they know did the same. Maybe he'll like it, but that's his decision to make. I'm just giving him this perspective

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise Fair enough, but I don't think its fair to say 'just don't buy battlefield 1' as it is not a bad game or anything. That would be a Battleborn lol.

Tasuki

@KratosMD Actually Fortnite Battle Royale is free for everyone

@Jaz007:. Honestly I would pass on Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1. Titanfall main reason is they are both dated. TF2 really the only people.who still play that are the TF2 Vets so being new expect to probably get your butt kicked alot.

As for BF1 you only have a few months left till the new BF comes out at which that point the player base will be moving there.

My suggestion would be Overwatch personally. You just have to buy the game once, meaning no yearly installments like CoD. They are continuously adding new maps, and characters too and it's all free. There's no DLC packs like CoD or Battlefield to buy and everyone has access to every character and map. There are loot boxes but they are all cosmetics so it's not like people will have an edge on you cause they got a gun out of a lootbox and you didn't.

Another thing about Overwatch is even if you're not good at FPS or have a poor KDR there are other ways to help your team like being a healer and healing people or being a tank and sheilding teammates etc. So you are bound to find a character that you are good with and can help your team.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

clvr

Hi everyone, I’ve got a question for all racing fans out there 😄

My brother wants to buy a wheel for the PS4 in order to play F-1 and the likes, and he recently found this Venom Pace wheel for a little more than 120€, and asked me for advice as I’m the resident gaming nut ahahahaha
The thing is, I’m not into racing games (nor real racing, to be honest), so I thought I’d ask for some advice in here.
Is there anyone who has it and can tell me if it’s any good?
Remember, my brother is not super into gaming so he won’t be super picky so it doesn’t have to be exceptional for him to enjoy it.
Thanks!

Clover.

PSN: clvr51

stinkyx

@Jaz007 Overwatch is fun, but it doesn't scratch that shootery shooter itch for me (probably because of all the wacky cartoon guns and abilities. Sombra FTW tho). Definitely a deep game with lots of strategy, but I would also add the following, if you end up supplementing your choice:

• Titanfall 2: it's been on sale for $6 on PSN two times already this year, but you can find it for $20 easily otherwise. Played it last weekend for the first time...it only takes a minute or two to find a match here in the USA (Overwatch, with its hundreds of thousands of players at any one time, takes just as long or longer). Skill-wise, I'd say there's a good balance of noobs and veterans at the moment, and I played a few super close matches where the teams switched from winning to losing several times in the last few minutes. Definitely recommended!
  • Call of Duty games: this is mostly what I play, actually, namely Infinite Warfare. It's Call of Duty, so you either love it or hate it. Super responsive, straightforward controls, lots of weapons, unlocks, and abilities...but also some super twitchy tryhard gunfights and, more importantly, getting shot in the back regularly by people spawning behind you.

In addition to those games, I've also been playing Rainbow Six: Siege, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Fortnite BR recently, but I think I may uninstall those. If I had it my way, I'd still be playing Killzone: Shadowfall...now there's a PERFECT multiplayer shooter

Edited on by stinkyx

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

Bonbonetti

@clvr

I would pick the Thrustmaster T150 instead, it's more expensive at ~€190. However, it works with the PS3 and PC as well, not just the PS4. If your brother gets really interested in sim racing, the odds are high he will eventually dip into PC sim racing as well, since that's where most racing sims are located.

The risk with lesser known wheel brands is that the quality might not be very good, at least that's my own experience. Today I only stick with established brands, like Thrustmaster and Fanatec. There are very few reviews of the Venom Pace wheel around, to me that would be a concern. Of-course, this could simply be because "everyone" buys Thrustmasters.

Another issue is that it may not be compatible with the games he wants to play. Being an official Playstation wheel it should work with exclusives like Gran Turismo Sport and Driveclub, however it might not work at all with F1 2016-2017, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, Dirt 4 and so on. In other words, games that are not exclusive to the PS4. You could contact the company and ask them directly. You would have to check on a game-by-game basis.

In comparison, a brand like Thrustmasters will be compatible with more or less every racing game on the market right now, since it's the biggest and most popular maker of racing wheels.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

clvr

@Bonbonetti thank you! I showed him your reply and it’s going to be useful, though he hasn’t decided yet. Thanks again!

Clover.

PSN: clvr51

LuckyLand

I have bought the PS4 only recently but I've been intrigued by Bloodborne since the first time I saw it. The problem is I really like its graphic and setting and I think its atmosphere is very fascinating, I'd like to experience it, but I don't like at all hard games, I get frustrated soon and I give up very easily. What should I do?

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

JohnnyShoulder

@LuckyLand Give it a go, you never know you might actually enjoy it. Which you will never find out unless you try it.

A couple of guys from this forum have recently started playing the game and they did find it not very accessible more than difficult.

Have a read of the below topic to read their stories. Spoilers should be pretty light as most of it won't mean anything to a noob.

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/bloodborne_tavern_impres...

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@LuckyLand I was one of those who just started the game last month after avoiding it for the last 2 years, intimidated by the difficulty. I had tried Dark Souls a few years ago and wasn’t taken by it enough to stick with it more than a couple hours. But I totally am into Bloodborne now. I would consider it one of PS4’s top ten games, maybe top 5.
The trick is sticking with it and getting over the hump. Eventually most gamers hit a break through moment. It took me about 4 hours to get a feel for it. It also took getting a lot of advice and feedback on the forum. It’s in the forum link there, but the key is running past enemies to the first boss and obtaining the ability to level up. Once you can do that you can grind to your hearts content until you’re at a level that the enemies are actually easy for you to kill. By then, you’re hooked and as you reach harder enemies, it is still fun, because you know you’ll eventually be able to beat them. Also, using guides and YouTube videos helps.
The world is so beautifully creepy, and the enemy and set design is spectacular, especially if you like horror genre and the macabre. The level design is so genius, innovative, and well crafted that Santa Monica studios has supposedly used Bloodborne’s level design as an inspiration for the upcoming God of War’s hub-level design. And you know how much love that game is already getting.
If you have PS plus and got it for free, then it’s a no-brainer to give it a go. If not, new copies are about $20, but you can probably find a used one for closer to $15. In my opinion it’s well worth it, but if you don’t like the idea of having to stick with the game for a while before the game “clicks” for you, then it’s maybe not for you. I know not every game is for everyone. I’m surprised I like the game as much as I do.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LuckyLand

Thank guys. I don't have plus (also I didn't have a PS4 the last month ) and I don't like anymore to buy physical versions of games so I will wait until there is a discount on the PSN store or at least after I will have bought the games I am sure I will like then I could give it a try even at full price maybe

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic