Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 2,111

NecuVise

How does dark souls 3 compare to dark souls 2? And how does it compare to bloodborne? I'm currently playing ds2 but I'm not really enjoying it that much. Hollow state feels really cheap, having to fight all the time at 50% health. Feels like doing defilement dungeon all over again. And overall, not just that, I find the game a lot less interesting that bloodborne. So I'm thinking maybe they improved with ds3? I'm really in a mood for that kind of a game so I'm kind of sad that I don't like ds2 scholar of the first sin.

NecuVise

NecuVise

@KratosMD I had had 100% completion in bloodborne and its DLC before it even came to igc, so I'd like to play something else instead, hence my questions about ds2 vs ds3. I can get ds3 for like 15 euros physical so it's cheap, but if it is the same as ds2 I would rather save that money for something else.

And what do you guys think about Ghost Recon Wildlands for playing solo? I know it's good for coop but is it good for playing solo?

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

I initially didn't like ds2 due to the 50% health thing. But pretty early on you get a ring knocks it back to only 25% lost and then later nullifies it. I would say stick with it as it does get better. I really enjoyed it. The dlc is really good too. And if you are into your lore ds3 does reference quite a bit to ds2 so you may lose out in that respect.
But ds3 and bb are the better games due to having better level design and bosses. Some of the bosses in ds2 are so lame. And ds3 feels a touch faster in combat and you can tell into has taken some inspirations from bb.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

I've got that ring this morning. You mean you can upgrade this ring later to completely nullify health penalty? After defeating The Pursuer and finding that ring I find the game to be more enjoyable, even though not at the same level as bloodborne. I'll keep playing it and I'll probably get ds3 too.

NecuVise

NecuVise

Any opinions on Ghost Recon Wildlands for solo players?

NecuVise

Gremio108

@NecuVise Pretty much what @JohnnyShoulder said. Dark Souls 3 is kind of the missing link between Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Dark Souls 2 just isn't quite at the same standard as the other two, but it's mostly good. And if you can stick with it until the DLC sections, they are ace.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise Sorry my mistake I thought there was a +1 version, but looking on the wiki there isn't.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder oh, okay, thanks. That makes sense as it would render hollow state and human effigies useless for that particular case.

@Gremio108 Thanks man, I will buy DS3 after all. You all have been very helpful.

Edited on by NecuVise

NecuVise

Fight_Teza_Fight

Destiny 2 is dead.
That's what the internet tells me anyways.

I was going to wait for Destiny 2: The Collection, but pre-owned copies of the game have been pilling up at my local CEX. This has lead to massive price cuts. It was £12 a week ago & as of yesterday it went down to £10.
I'm not planning to get more than 30 hours out of the game (solo), so is this a good deal, or is the game still broken?

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Bonbonetti

@Fight_Teza_Fight Playing through the campaign and numerous solo missions, strikes (squad missions), and world events, I honestly did not notice anything wrong or odd with the experience. I have only played the core game though, at launch. I have not played the expansion, and have not played the game since they decided to tinker with stuff.

In my opinion, the issues the game had was limited to PvP. It had no significant effect otherwise. Granted, I have no fetish towards having "super optimal" gear; I just picked the weapons I enjoyed using the most and armor I thought looked cool. I did just fine following this ideology.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

@NecuVise Regarding Ghost Recon Wildlands.

As a squad-based tactical game, with some light RPG elements, I thought it was a fun game to play. It has squad-based mechanics reminiscent of Ghost Recon, the open-world structure of Far Cry 3/4, and some tech elements from WatchDogs2. When stealth and tactics fail however, it can sort of turn into Just Cause 3.

The negatives for me was the lack of character depth (player and squadmates), and the rather generic storyline or plot. If you grew up watching 80's action films and/or have played your fair share of military shooters, you know what to expect. So even though the gameplay feels very modern, there's still an air of nostalgia about it, as you play the game. For some reason it kept reminding me of Army of Two the Devil's Cartel, even though they are two very different games.

However, if you are in the mood for this kind of nostalgia, it can be great. Games with this topic or storyline are quite rare these days.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

NecuVise

@Bonbonetti Thanks for the input man, I think I'll buy it when I find the "right" price.

NecuVise

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Bonbonetti That sounds like my Destiny (1) experience. I don't really care for min-maxing either. Shady business practices aside, Bungie were never going to meet the demands of the community. I can't see it making a comeback, so I'll just stick to Destiny 2 vanilla. Going to pick the game up, the next time I can.
Thanks!

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jaz007

Can someone explain Fortnite? I’ve heard a lot about it in general, but then I looked up reviews and it there were 5? For a $60 release. I don’t get it.

Jaz007

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007 $60? It's FTP isn't it? Or was that open Beta?

It's... like Starhawk... but without the stars or the hawks... OK, it is not like Starhawk...

Battle Royale game where you are able to throw up constructs to aid in your defence. I played it for a very short amount of time and couldn't for the life of me generate any interest in it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

NecuVise

@Jaz007 fortnite save the world or fortnite battle Royale?
Former is some kind of a horde mode where you cooperate with others building the base and defend against monsters. This part of the game is not free at the moment but it will be in the future.

Latter is similar to the hunger games, where you or your duo or even group of four should survive and be the last man/group standing while getting some loot in the process. This part of the game is free and this one is really popular.

NecuVise

NecuVise

@Jaz007 you can buy some cosmetic items and that's the economy of this game, at least the majority of it considering that save the world portion isn't popular. And everything you can buy is purely cosmetic so no pay to win. Try it, it's really fun. Just download it. You don't even need active ps plus subscription in order to play it online.

NecuVise

Tasuki

@Jaz007 Fortnite is odd there is actually two game modes.

There is the original game where you fight waves of creatures with a group of people and you can build structures to aid in defence. Basically something like CoD: Zombies this is what costs $60

Then due to the popularity of PUBG Fortnite decide to jump on the Battle Royale craze with a Battle Royale mode which is like PUBG. You spawn in on a map with 100 other players you find weapons and have to kill everyone else last person standing wins. Only difference with Fortnite and PUBG is like the main game you can build structures to defend with, camp areas etc. This mode is free for everyone even if you don't own the main game. You can just download it from the PS Store, just make sure it's the free Fortnite. However you can only access the Battle Royale mode if you download the free one everything else will be locked till you purchase the full game.

And no Battle Royale mode is not available physically.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@NecuVise @Tasuki Thanks for explaining that. It makes a lot more sense now. I now understand what people are talking about.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic