Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 2,111

andreoni79

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I hate that game. It's a walking simulator which pretend to be something more, with useless RPG abilities, a bunch of stupid puzzles and a crappy shooting section. Milking such a myth to create something similar is atrocious, imho. Something like a terrible tie-in of your favourite movie...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

@Arugula The latest MW has a great but a bit short campaign. It’s pretty realistic too, other than the weird bit where they attribute war crimes to the Russians which the Americans actually committed in real life.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Arugula There’s a bit of a lack of good tactical shooters on PS4. That’s why I’ve had so much fun playing the old Rainbow Six games on Vita, it’s a type of gameplay not really seen on Playstation anymore.

nessisonett

@Arugula I’d actually recommend Metro 2033, I loved my time with it last month and it fits the bill of ‘slightly more thought-provoking shooter’. The plot’s great, the gunplay’s serviceable for a game from last gen and it feels old-school in a good way.

Thrillho

@Arugula @nessisonett The original SOCOM games were great as tactical shooters and were pretty innovative for the time.

The first game was brutal though as there were no checkpoints in levels. Your teammates were also prone to standing in front of an enemy and forgetting to shoot them before swiftly being killed themselves.

It is a shame that nothing loads like that has been tried again.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho There is rumour that Sony could be bringing SOCOM back for PS5 with Guerrilla Games developing it as they recruited some Rainbow Six Siege devs. Either that or it could be a new Killzone game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I'll stick with it then, those bosses are awfully tempting, although the main reason I'm in it is to get the Holy Moonlight Sword aka Moonlight Greatsword from DS1 & 3. It's a nice little bonus from From Software, throwing that into a game that strictly speaking, isn't part of the Souls series, and it has to be earned.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic It also appears in From Software's other games like Darks Souls 2, Demon's Souls, King's Field, Ninja Blade, Enchanted Arms, Armored Core, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Otogi.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

PSVR_lover

I can’t recommend Dead or Alive 5 highly enough. I keep playing the story mode over and over again. Just love story mode using remote play.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

ZeroOverOne

Good day fellow gamers. Recently I have gotten an urge to play something very unusual to me, so I remembered I have untouched Nier Automata in my library, can any one of you guys tell me why people love it so much and if I should try it?

ZeroOverOne

nessisonett

@ZeroOverOne I love the story and the combat’s really tight, even for a Platinum game. The soundtrack’s maybe the best this gen and the graphics/art style is brilliant. Make sure to see all the main endings, don’t see the credits once and think that’s it. Have fun!

Th3solution

@ZeroOverOne I’ll add my endorsement for NieR Automata as well. I’ll try not to repeat what has been said, which is all true, but I’ll say the main reason it is one of my top 10 this generation is probably because of the really deep and thought provoking story. It’s one of those games that it’s fun to talk about and read theories about or watch YouTube videos breaking it down after you finish it. Especially if, like me, you’re not a student of philosophy.
The combat is fun too, and I liked that as well, but the crazy twisting narrative and the complete uniqueness of approach to storytelling is why I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nevertheless, in fairness — not everyone will like this type of game and we’ve recently seen some users here who played it and weren’t as blown away, but many of us here on the forums are big fans of the game.
A reminder, like others have said, the games not over when you think it’s over. Keep playing through the main routes. You’ll know when it’s really done because there will be a very special way it concludes.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

I was considering buying Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice for the PS4. I can tell that there is a lot of emphasis on puzzles, from what people are saying, and that it appears to be a lot like God Of War (2018) in terms of combat and RPG mechanics - Is that true?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I wouldn’t say there is a lot of puzzles in it.

I wrote a long piece on it after completing it (in one sitting!) which is somewhere in the reviews thread.

The middle third focuses less on combat and more on sort of puzzles than the rest of the game. The combat is a little limited but solid (although not that well explained so it’s worth looking up a guide as I completed the game not knowing about some moves).

The game looks fantastic and the story is top notch. I also massively recommend playing with headphones for the full experience.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Ah, well if the combat isn't anything special I may overlook it. Did you ever play Kingdom Come: Deliverance? As I'm interested in that as well.

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I mean, I liked the combat and the big fights are good fun; I won the screenshot competition with a pic from one of my favourite boss fights of recent years in this game. Just don’t expect to be unlocking new moves or gear through the game.

And I haven’t played that one.

Thrillho

Davehunt

Evening guys, I have a question about 2 games I am hearing good things about they are the following.

The Last Guardian
Shadow of the Colossus

I am curious of your opinions do these games belong in the top tier of games like God of War, Witcher 3, RDR2 and so on. So anyone with a console are they a must-have in your collection. Because as I said I am hearing good things and like always like other opinions do these games have a good story and good characters?

Edited on by Davehunt

Davehunt

andreoni79

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I've put something like 200 hours in the goty edition of KCD. I loved the attention on details, the humor and the unforgivable combat system.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic