Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,111

Davehunt

So guys just to confirm when it comes to Batman Is it the following order to get the full story.
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Knight

Because the next on my List to play is Batman but to enjoy the full Story aswell.

Edited on by Davehunt

Davehunt

RogerRoger

@Davehunt Yep, that's the correct order. Have fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Davehunt

Hi, guys as always thanks for always helping me with your replies so I get paid Tuesday but can only buy 1 of the 3 games but would like 2nd opinions on the following 3 games what u would buy 1st of the 3.

Resident Evil 3
DOOM Eternal
FINAL Fantasy VII Remake

Let me be the 1st to say I've never played a FINAL Fantasy game that I can recall.
As for DOOM well DOOM again don't recall playing a DOOM Game in like 20+ Years.
Resident EVIL well last Resident evil I played was 2 on the PS4.

Davehunt

ZeroOverOne

@Davehunt Even tho it’s not there aggressively recommend yo try Persona 5 Royal if u haven’t played the base game yet. Truly a magical experience.

As for the games on your list I’d say Doom Eternal is the go. The feeling that u get playing this game, the harmony and feeling of flowing through rivers of demons’ blood is like no other

ZeroOverOne

Davehunt

Thanks for the replies guys will look into playing the Demo's as well.

Davehunt

Powerpellet

Oh man is Curious Expedition great!!! This is my favorite game now. I was totally caught by suprize how awesome it is!!!

Powerpellet

Thrillho

@KratosMD I played the Spidey DLC straight after the main story and it’s fine. It’s pretty much more of the same with a couple of new enemy types. The story isn’t much to write home about either.

Basically, if you really loved the game then it’s worth getting but you’re not missing much if you don’t. Having a break from the game first would probably be beneficial to be honest. I wouldn’t say it’s worth replaying the whole game for it if that’s the only way to access it.

Thrillho

PSVR_lover

I just played Blue Reflection again........learned a few new tricks this time for combat. My favorite JRPG next to Persona 4 Golden.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Th3solution

@KratosMD Woah Bro, how do you keep losing save files? That stinks! Do you do cloud back ups through PS Plus?
I still have game saves from random games on PS3 that I’ll never play again.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ryall

@Th3solution @KratosMD I’ve never understood why PlayStation is tie save data to a particular account. It would make life a lot easier if you’d lost your save data or Snooker yourself with an autosave. If you could just download someone else’s data and use it on your account.

Ryall

Th3solution

@KratosMD Oh, I guess I forgot you had an HDD failure. And yeah, to be honest, 90% of my save files will never be used again and it wouldn’t devastate me to lose them. But that other 10% are like gold (like my 60 hour partial playthrough of Persona 5 or my 40 hour investment in AC Origins). I’m trying to be better about finishing games all in one go, but sometimes I just feel like changing to something else. ...It’s a superpower I call “ADD.”

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@KratosMD back it up a USB stick on occasion. I mean dang man, you gotta start taking precautions.

Jaz007

Davehunt

Hi, guys how u all doing hope you're all staying safe.
Over the last 7 days, I've finished
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Knight
is there anymore Superhero games atm that's really good never really played Superhero games until 3 months ago overall I've now played.
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Knight
Spiderman
Is there any I am missing? I know Ironman and Avenger's are inc but is there any that's currently out atm from the DCU, MCU that I've missed? As always thanks for any replies and incoming suggestions.

Davehunt

JohnnyShoulder

@Davehunt Wow, that is good going! If you are into fighting games there are the Infamous games. There is also a Deadpool game which received the remastered treatment on PS4. And if you have VR there is Batman VR, but it is supposed to be a very short experience.

And that is about it from gen, bizarrely there have not been that many games to ride on the success of the MCU & DCU.

Infamous Second Son is a super hero like game if you've not already played it. I thought it was fantastic, I've not played any of the other games so I gather this is very much a self contained story. The DLC, First Light is very good too!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Davehunt If you are looking for superhero games, in the purest sense most games have a protagonist with superhuman powers and so could be considered superhero games. But I’m not trying to be a quibbler, I know what you mean.
But to echo @JohnnyShoulder the closest to the Marvel and DC type ‘feel’ is the Infamous games. Infamous 1 & 2 are trapped on the PS3, but a really good, and Infamous Second Son (with First Light DLC) is a really solid PS4 game. The game Marvel’s Spider-Man borrowed quite a bit from Infamous and so if you liked the gameplay and exploration of Spider-Man then you will probably like flying around Seattle as Delsin Rowe. The Infamous games are more like third person shooters though, but with super powers rather than guns.

Another one that comes to mind is Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2. I know it sounds weird, and the games definitely don’t ‘feel’ like traditional superhero games, but at its core, the story of Kat and her gravity shifting and gravity manipulation is essentially a super power and so this is a superhero tale. The gameplay is unique and it has the quirky Japanese overtones, but it’s quite fun to learn to use her powers to fly about and fight enemies. It depends what you enjoyed about those Batman and Spider-Man games, but if it’s the story of an unlikely person developing superpowers and becoming a force to reckon with and take on evil to save the innocent, then GR has you covered.

To stay more traditional to the canon of DC and Marvel, then yeah, try Injustice and especially Injustice 2. They are fighting games, but there is a rudimentary story steeped in DC comic book hero and villain lore. I don’t really play fighting games, but I really enjoyed both but especially Injustice 2. The number of DC characters and villains is voluminous and I learned about so many that I had never known before outside of the usual Justice League staples. The graphics are fantastic and there are several modes to keep you busy after playing through all the character stories.
I can’t comment on Marvel vs Capcom, but I guess those games are supposed to be okay, I don’t know.

And finally, the Telltale games. There are the two DC games — Batman and Batman: The Enemy Within. Honestly, I’ve been meaning to play The Enemy Within myself. I enjoyed the first game. Telltale also made Guardians of the Galaxy, which was critically panned, but I’ll probably play it eventually also since I’m a nerd.

And, if it’s really the Arkham style combat that you crave more of, rather that the story beats of the superhero universe, then Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War basically lifted the combat from the Batman Arkham games, tweaked it, added the Nemesis system and covered it in Lord of the Rings character and storylines. So, that might appeal to you.

Edited on by Th3solution

RogerRoger

@Davehunt You completed the core Arkham trilogy in seven days...?! Holy marathon, Batman!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Davehunt

Well I know there's a lot more to do in the Batman Games but the only thing I did in all 3 games was just the main story mainly so like in Arkham Knight I dunno if dealing with the side missions lead to another story cus I didn't really do the side missions.

Davehunt

RogerRoger

@Davehunt Ah, gotcha. That's slightly more doable, particularly in Arkham City and especially Arkham Knight, although it's still quite the feat. I'd recommend checking out some of the side quests, they're good!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger. Moving the discussion here to keep the review thread tidy. 😄

“bedtime stories with button prompts” 😂 That made me chuckle out loud.

Actually, I’m in a Batman mood and since you really expanded your horizons and have jumped in headfirst into the Spider-Man world (which I am really impressed with by the way, since I remember it wasn’t too long ago that you avoided spider-based anything like the plague), I’m considering going back to Arkham Knight, which as you recall I quit after a couple hours. I also have Hitman the first season downloaded and ready to go — which if I understand the game concept it’s the complete antithesis of linear. 😅
But maybe after my Batman bedtime story with button prompts I’ll be ready for something more open. 😄

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic