Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 2,111

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh, NieR Automata is worth whatever price you can get. It’s awesome. I can actually speak from experience on this one (unlike Divinity Original Sin II, but hey - I was still right to recommend it 😅). I didn’t play the DLC and like @Thrillho says, I don’t think it really adds much. So if the price is right, snag it since you likely won’t feel the need to download the DLC anyways.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I'll have to get the special edition of Skyrim for PS4 then, what sort of bonus features does it offer? I agree with regard to Tolkien, I just started The Fellowship of the Ring and am finding it highly engrossing, the character of Frodo Baggins has just been introduced and I am warming up to him greatly, Tolkien is just setting the stage for the greater events of the novel, presumably. A master-craftsman for certain. I am always on the lookout for works of high fantasy but don't know where to start outside of LotR, I didn't like the samples I read of Martin's work, despite it's popularity.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Actually, my Skyrim experience was all on the PS3, and the game is so huge I never felt inclined to get the DLC (I typically don’t buy DLC anyways), but I believe the PS4 Special Ed contains all the DLC - Dragonborn, Dawnguard, and Hearthfire. I think each of them is pretty meaty in their own right, but the base game was plenty for me. The PS4 version has upgraded visuals and is also sure to run more smoothly than the PS3 port which had its share of technical glitches. If you’ve never played Skyrim, and you like high fantasy settings, you’ll surely enjoy it and the PS4 version would be the way to go.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

I'm thinking of getting Greedfall and Code Vein, which should I get first and why? I hear they both have their own strengths and weaknesses, and that Code Vein is harder than Greedfall.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I've not played either but it depends on what you are after. Greedfall is more like Dragon Age: Inquisition whereas Code Vein is a anime dark souls clone with vampires.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Elodin

Hmm..Should I get Battle chasers nightwar or Bards Tale 4? Anyone play both?

Elodin

Matroska

So I got really lucky recently and won just over £3000. I'd like to get more PS4 games. I mainly play RPGs, especially JRPGs, but I like most games other than sports and FPS. I probably have most of the obvious ones, like any FF, DQ, Persona, Tales of, etc. Any hidden gem JRPGs and general Japanese games you guys can think of?

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

nessisonett

@Matroska Resonance of Fate is a game that I’d recommend to JRPG fans that can look past some of its faults and appreciate some of the mechanics that were really ahead of its time. I’d also recommend the Yakuza games in a heartbeat to anybody regardless of gaming background, 0 is part of Playstation Hits now and goes for pretty cheap.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@Matroska If you like rail shooters and don't mind fan service, I'd recommend Gal*Gun: Double Peace. It's good, arcadey fun.

I assume you've played Falcom's releases on PS4? If not, grab Ys VIII ASAP.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir?

If you've not played Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4, then you need to. They're awesome games.

Played Nights of Azure?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Matroska

@nessisonett @KratosMD @Ralizah
Thanks for the great responses. I've played a few of the suggestions, like last year I marathoned the entire KH series including platting KH3. I still have nightmares about trying to get high scores in dances and mech shooting games... Yakuza, too, kind of. I have Kiwami but have only played it for a bit. I did play the original on PS2 though. I love Valkyria Chronicles too, I played the hell out of 1 and 4. Ah, and Danganronpa, I like it so much I even platted Ultra Despair Girls.

There's a good amount of stuff there that I haven't played, though. To start with I bought Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, plus Tokyo Xanadu. I'll get some of the other stuff soon. I've vaguely been meaning to play Resonance of Fate for ages though I'd forgotten about it until you reminded me.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

JohnnyShoulder

@Matroska There is a really good Big in Japan sale on the ps store, so now would be a good time to pick up some of those games.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

DonJorginho

FINAL FANTASY 7 DEMO OUT NOW IN EU

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho You know this is the third time I've seen this posted already this morning lol.

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Yes, you can.

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha ha that's just what I was about to say @JohnnyShoulder! 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic