Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,111

JJ-firl

@nessisonett @crimsontadpoles Thanks for the replies, you both confirm the consensus on the matter so the last question is off the table. I guess I’ll get the PS4 version as the current discount price is too good. Gonna try some remote play and see how that works out.

The series is already establishing its core theme: life is unfair. (Yes, I just compared not getting a game on my preferred console with horrible deaths and despair).

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Th3solution

@JJ-firl I played the Nonary Games on Vita, and you’re right, it’s a great couple games for a portable. It should still be a wonderful experience on the bigger screen via PS4 though. There are certain aspects that are actually better with the 3DS version because of the two screens showing two perspectives. What the Vita version does (and I’m assuming the PS4 version too) is switch back and forth, which was fine and I didn’t notice any problem with how it functioned, and only found out later after I completed it that the 3DS version was different (and arguably better) in this regard. But as for Vita version vs PS4, it should be pretty much the same. If you have a NIntendo 3DS, you might check and see if it’s cheaper on that though.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87 wrote:

I didn’t like Golf Story much really (the weird jazz music annoyed me lol). I assume you saw Sport Story is coming out?

@kyleforrester87 That could be a new thread to be setup 'Games I Stopped Playing Cos Music Sucked".

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder mate, I’ve quit so many games because the music sucked. Or because there isn’t any music at all. Take Dirt for instance, would it kill them to include an in race soundtrack for those who want it? I don’t care if it isn’t “authentic”. I know I can just play Spotify but that isn’t the point 😂

Likewise, a good soundtrack can elevate a good game to a great one, and a great game to godlike one. Take Nier, Fez and Hyper Light Drifter (I cant stop mentioning this holy trinity recently) - great games that became next level masterpieces as a result having some of the best soundtracks this generation!!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Take it to the new thread!

Have you played Thumper? Its supposed to be insane and the music apparently takes it to another level.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Yeah I think so yeah, but not entirely sure. It ones of thise games I always look over when the sales are on.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Thumper was codeveloped and the OST was recorded by the bassist from Lightning Bolt! They’re insane and mad and seeing them live is incredible.

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Never heard of em!

Th3solution

Can anyone vouch for The Sims 4? I think I played a little bit of one of the Sims games years ago as a kid on a PC. I remember it being entertaining at the time as a good time-sink distraction. But life was simpler then, as were video games. I’m pretty sure the gameplay will seem boring to me now that I am used to traveling through space and fighting aliens, jumping and swinging like a superhero, and visiting fantastic strange and magical worlds in my games. Nevertheless, with it being available as a Plus title, I actually considered putting it into the backlog. Seems like such a “filthy casual” type of game though. 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Nope, but I'm just gonna download and give it a go when I fancy something different.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I did some major research on The Sims 4 when it was in the pre-Christmas sale, as I was looking for exactly what you describe, a time-wasting "filthy casual" game which I could poke at whilst my brain de-fragged itself for an hour every evening. Came very close to buying it, and now am quite pleased that I didn't. Will probably add it to my PS4 Library in due course.

My partner downloaded the PC version around the same time, to show me first-hand what it was like. A two-minute tour of his virtual apartment nearly whipped me up into a coma. This narcoleptic knife-edge didn't surprise me; when reading up about it, words like "glacial", "meandering" and "pointless" came up a lot. Great for some, especially those without a backlog to worry about. It's what ultimately put me off because (as you say) I've got so many other "proper" games to play.

That, and I can barely get dressed and make breakfast for myself every morning, so what hope does a glorified Tamagotchi have under my care? I don't wanna have to spring for the Funeral Service DLC Pack after a couple days forgetting to shower and shave.

Would be cool to make the PushSquare forums in Sims form, though. I wonder who'd snap and murder everybody first? It'd be the only inevitable outcome.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Th3solution It’s great with expansions up to Seasons, and feels lacking without. The new University one is great too but you might want to look into which DLCs are necessary. The base game is sorta terrible and empty. I have PC and lax morals and hate EA so you can probably guess what I do when a new DLC comes out.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger

RogerRoger wrote:

Would be cool to make the PushSquare forums in Sims form, though. I wonder who'd snap and murder everybody first? It'd be the only inevitable outcome.

Haha! Well I‘m not sure who that would be, but I do know who would be the first to die an unfortunate death by fire while trying to fix the toilet 😂 @kyleforrester87

@crimsontadpoles @nessisonett Good to know. I’ll probably have it way down on the backlog, just in case.
If you do try it @JohnnyShoulder , then let us know how it turns out.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I remembered after my last post, i played a Sims game on 360 and can only mirror what others have said in regards in that it did not hold my interest for very long. I found it to be an annoying experience eventually having to look after your sim and listen to all the gobble de gook talking.

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Ah man, that was brilliant. The visual it brought up in my mind is priceless.
Perhaps it’s so funny to me because I tried to fix my sink a few months ago and just about drowned myself.

DonJorginho

Someone help me with what game I buy please lmao.

RDR 2 new for £15
Modern Warfare new for £29
Prey for £5
Control for £27
AC Odyssey for £21
The Outer Worlds for £24
No Mans Sky for £14

DonJorginho

nessisonett

@DonJorginho RDR2 without a doubt. That’s a crazy price for what’s essentially a 100 hour epic. Even if you haven’t played the first, it sets up the events well enough that you could realistically play this one first.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic