Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 2,111

KALofKRYPTON

@LaJettatura cool. Not sure I've ever encountered anyone who didn't appreciate SOTC.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho I moved our conversation hear as I think it is a bit more relevant in this thread.

It is a bit mental from the start, but it does change pace a few hours in. You not fancy playing it in VR?

What exactly is putting you off from playing it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I just can't stand FPS Horror but wanna give it a go due to the critical reception, I also am hoping that Jack doesn't chase you whenever you're in the house as that will poo me up lol

Edited on by antdickens

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Well that is the first part of the game but not all of the game. It wouldn't be doing it's job if it wasn't scary.

As you have already got it, just try it. You've got nothing to lose really.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

So I've been gifted a £30 psn card among a few christmas presents I've recieved from friends.

I've already planning to buy Dark Souls Remastered for £13 and Final Fantasy X/X-2 for £12.49

This leaves me with a little over £4 left in the wallet.

I'm a bit of a stickler for leaving money in the account though and suprisngly there is a few noteworthy things I can choose from (Though I'll be stretching the topic thread title a little)

For PS3

Final Fantasy IX is up for £3.99

Symphony Of The Night is up for £2.39

The PS1 Classics of the Spyro trilogy in a bundle is £3.99

-EDIT- Sonic Adventure is also availible for 73p that's piquing my interest and the DX add on is only a pound or so...

and I think some classic sonics are also on the cheap
for 70p or so.

For PS4 (Bit more slim pickings here)

Saints Row IV Re-Elected is £3.99
(I have played the PS3 version)

and if I wanted to go even more/completely off the rails... Onechanbara Z2 chaos is also on offer for £3.99.

Was curious to know if anyone has any particular knowledge on any bugs or the likes on the ports in particular (My earlier in the year (January in fact) purchase of Star Ocean III on PS4 and it's crashing bug springs to mind)

I don't know anything about FF IX either besides it having a more medieval fantasy setting for example so any and all info would be appreciated though. 😁

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ryall

I really enjoyed Saints Row IV when I played it on PS3. It’s a large open world superpower game. You can get guns and drive cars. But you’ve run faster than cars drive and superpowers are more useful than firearms. I like the sense of humour. You get to design your own character but everyone still treats you like a middle-aged man regardless. It’s very much is own thing and far better than Gat Out of Hell.
@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Ryall

HallowMoonshadow

Thanks @Ryall.

I have actually played Saint's Row 4 (and 2 & 3) before (I'll edit that in my original post)

I remember 4 being a little janky though on PS3 from what I remember so was curious if the PS4 Re-Elected version was a bit smoother.

Did you play the dlc's for 4 though on PS3? I only played the base game myself (which I did enjoy).

The fact that it includes everything for only £4 is pretty tempting...

But aside from SR4 all the others I haven't touched before.

To be honest this is a more agonising descision then the main bulk of my purchase which was ridiculously easy to make 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ryall

Dark Souls Remastered and Final Fantasy X/X-2 are both large games that will take a long time to complete. If there’s nothing you particularly want available for less than £4. I would play the games you’ve already got and let for heavily discounted games reshuffle.

The credit will remain on your PSN account until you’re ready to use it.
@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

@Ryall Unless you have a subscription, say for Spotify for example, and then whatever money you have in your wallet will be used against that subscription when payment is due. I found that out the hard way when I had tenner left over and left in my wallet. 😕

Sgude

I'm looking for a fps with a good career/story mode.. not really interested in online play.

Ideally something war based / realistic (not something like DOOM) that will take a while to complete (I looked at COD WW2 but reviews said it takes 5 hours to finish)

Thanks

Sgude

Th3solution

@Sgude Titanfall 2. Could be a little short for what you’re wanting, it’s probably about 5-6 hours as well but it’s free on PS Plus now if you have that. Might be a little Sci Fi for your tastes though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Sgude The Outer Worlds is a FPS single player only game. You can blitz through the story but it took me well over 20 hours to complete it. It is very much in the same veign as Fallout 3/New Vegas/ so has a similar vibe in regards to dialogue and combat. It is science fiction though so doesn't fit the bill in that respect.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@KratosMD The only game I can really think of is The Outer Worlds. You’ve probably either played it already or seen it about but it’s basically Fallout meets Mass Effect. I liked it a fair amount and it leans heavily into Firefly as an inspiration. I just wish they’d release the OG Mass Effect games on PS4 already.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

andreoni79

@KratosMD What about Prey? It offers a good sci-fi story set in a gorgeous space station (E.V.A. included!), all with the typical Arkane Studios gameplay.
Alien: Isolation is another sci-fi classic.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

andreoni79

@KratosMD Being an Arkane Studios game, you are free to complete every mission as you prefer.
You can upgrade your character focusing on "human" skills (combat, hacking, crafting...) and on "alien" skills (telekinesis, elemental powers, mimicking...). There are trophies for beating the game with only human skills or only alien skills, which means beating it with two very different approaches.
https://youtu.be/0QCR6nOPOLc

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

Man that reminds me, i have Prey and still not started it. The shame. 😶

@KratosMD Out of the two games you mentioned, I say Dues Ex was the more fun game to play. Dragon Age got bogged down with the side quests being lame and too much stuff felt like a chore to do. Others really enjoyed it though, I did not.

The Outer Worlds is the bomb though. If you wanna fun sci-fi dialogue heavy consequence based RPG, then that is the game you need to play.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah for those prices you can't go wrong really. Deus Ex is the shorter game and Dragon's Age is more open world, so there is more content. It just whether you can put up with the slog that some of the stuff feels like.

I was thinking last night, as i was playing The Outer Worlds, I was defo getting a bit of a Mass Effect vibe, especially with some of the choices you make.

RogerRoger

@KratosMD I don't wanna keep typing the words "Star Wars" (and it likely won't drop in price for a while) but your criteria are mostly fulfilled by Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. You are in a spaceship, you go to different planets and there are aliens, friendly and otherwise. It has fun real-time gameplay and by nature of its franchise, there is indeed an epic story to see through (with strong connections to the films, if not other games).

The only place it'd fall down is in the dialogue department. You will occasionally get the choice between two responses, but it doesn't affect much, if anything. There is a Skill Tree, so it's kinda RPG-lite, but there's nothing on the scale of a BioWare game.

One to consider when a similar mood strikes you in future, perhaps.

The other games you've been recommended are likely better fits for you at the moment, however. Dragon Age is a steal at the price you've found. I thought that its fantasy setting would be a huge turn-off for me, coming fresh from the space battles and laser cannons of Mass Effect, but I got absorbed by its storyline and characters all the same.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Origins is great if you're determined to play the entire trilogy, and want to experience the set-up of the world and characters, but it has aged the worst and has a fair few moments that basically, nowadays, feel like a slog. I would strongly recommend playing Dragon Age II before Inquisition, however, although if you don't have access to a PS3 then I'm sure the latter game would set you up with a default backstory. Just be prepared to do a little bit of Google searching and / or dismissive shrugging at moments which are clearly callbacks.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic