Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 2,111

HallowMoonshadow

I remember them saying the Crit Role Season 1 DLC @Tasuki as the game was sponsored on one of the episodes... Thanks for reminding me of the name though!

And thanks once again @kyleforrester87 I'll keep that in mind!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ZeroOverOne

Theoretically, what games would you reccomend ypur friend to play if he gets a choice of RDR2-Far Cry 5-AC Odyssey and why. Also some games he should play if he just got a Ps4.

ZeroOverOne

Th3solution

@ZeroOverOne If he’s new to PS4, then he really needs to also get Horizon Zero Dawn if he likes the open world story-driven genre with combat and exploration. Another with a similar gameplay style would be Spider-Man. He’d probably like that too if he has any affinity to Marvel superhero stuff.
I haven’t played AC Odyssey yet, or FC5, but KratosMD is right about RDR2. Although he would probably really like it, especially if he liked the first game, but it’s more of a slow burn and the first several hours are off-putting to the uncommitted.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@ZeroOverOne God of War, the best game on the system and probably the generation for me. And you don't even need to have played or liked the previous games, I didn't and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've only played FC5 out of the games listed so can only reccomended that. Best Far Cry so far for me. In the dozens of hours I played there was hardly a dull moment.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

SPGFan34

I'm on my summer holiday so I've just got Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition and Dishonored 2. What are you guys playing while you're off school/work/university?

Edited on by SPGFan34

https://www.gofundme.com/30-hour-broadcast-for-red-nose-day

Kidfried

@SPGFan34 no summer holiday for me. Two days off next week and that's it.

Missing those carefree holidays. Enjoy!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

So I took a wander through the PSN Summer Sale earlier and once again found my eye drawn towards The Sims 4. My partner subsequently downloaded a free trial on PC and this evening confirmed that, after a couple hours play, it can get quite stressful at times (and as somebody with anxiety issues, what he described sounded like a nightmarish capsule version of all the worst parts of my life).

But the idea of playing it is still stuck in my head, probably because it's so very different to everything in my current backlog (mostly semi-serious action / stealth stuff). It's only £12.99 for the base game, and a couple quid more for the dogs and cats expansion. Should I bite?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ZeroOverOne

@RogerRoger Better to get EA Acess for a month as its only 5 quids and then only you will know do you really need it or nah

ZeroOverOne

RogerRoger

@ZeroOverOne That's kinda what my partner did; he made an Origin account on PC for free and it's letting him play The Sims 4 for 48 hours.

Hadn't considered that EA Access is now on PS4, though. Thanks for the thought!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles That was another fear, yeah. I'd get the base game cheap, but then feel like I was locked into buying a bunch of full-price expansion packs.

Thanks for the input. I'm steering towards giving it a pass, but will take one last look, I think.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Not played the most recent one, think the last time I played it was on 360. I found the novelty soon wore off and it became quite an annoying experience to play.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Give it a pass. Without the expansions this game is pretty barebone. I had to fight out the hard way.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried You guys just saved me £15. Thank you!

Only question is, what do I spend it on now? I had a look through the rest of the sale and there's nothing much else there, beyond stuff I was planning to get already anyway (inFAMOUS: Second Son, for example). I don't know why but I feel like I have to get something now!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Just save it for the next sale, hopefully there will be something that will tickle your fancy then?

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Good idea. Maybe they'll put Deus Ex in there.

Although my friend did point out that Witcher III is a tenner, but... no. Dragon Age was a gamble that paid off; lightning doesn't strike twice!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I think a new set of games might be introduced shortly, as some games offers ends on the 27th August whilst others end next week.

I take it you did not grab Deus Ex when was with ps+?

If you are after a Sims like experience, I noticed My Time at Portia was in the Games under £16' section. I don't know that much about I'm afraid but I recall reading a review on it and they seemed to rate okay, as a 7 I think.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I am curious to hear how you get along with Infamous. Are you going to play the original on PS3 first, then Infamous 2, then Second Son or just skip straight to the PS4 game?
Honestly, it’s been years since I played the PS3 games and I wonder if they will hold up. I know Second Son holds up fairly well both gameplay-wise and technically. I recommend the First Light DLC, which works well as a stand alone game actually, but it’s best played after SS so you can meet Fetch in the original game first. Think of it like what Lost Legacy is to UC4.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I rarely grab PS Plus games so no, I didn't grab Deus Ex then because the franchise wasn't on my radar (so, it's my own fault). Thanks for the alternative recommendation, though, that's real kind of you to think of that (and thanks to @Frigate for the extra impression about it, too; I'll give it a Google a little later on). I think I'll go back, as you say, and see if they refresh the sale offerings next week. There's a new sniper map out for Hitman 2 today, and I'm away again this weekend, so it's not like I'm stuck for anything to do!

@Th3solution Whenever I decide to play a franchise, I try and play as much of it as I can, from beginning to end (like I did with Dragon Age, for example). I've got inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and inFAMOUS 2 downloaded, installed and ready to go on my PS3. I've been wanting to start them for a long while (you and a couple others around here recommended them last year, after I admitted to never having played them during a weekend quiz) and will likely get underway on Sunday or Monday, when I'm back home. I intend to buy the bundle with Second Son and First Light, as it's also in the sale, but wanted to at least start the franchise first... y'know, just in case. Usually I wouldn't worry and I'd buy the whole lot, but last week I tried to start Deus Ex and faltered; probably because I just wasn't in the right headspace, but that's never happened to me before so I've decided to tread more carefully. Nothing worse than playing a game out of obligation!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, there’s a risk with any purchase. I sure hope I’m not leading you astray with Infamous. We did well with the Detroit recommendation, but I hope it will be 2 for 2. I think if you like comic book storylines and can tolerate another action, parkour, open world / sandbox type of setting where you wander around doing missions, then you’ll be okay. It might be similar to my recent experience with Witcher 3 though - in the sense that the game was ground-breaking and wonderful at the time of its release, but over the years many games have recycled ideas from it and in some ways improved upon it. Infamous is kinda like that. I think when you play it, it’ll feel pretty familiar. It whips up the ideas in a pretty good soup though. But like when I tried Witcher 3 recently for the first time I was expecting to be blown away and although I thought the game was perfectly fine and a good game, it didn’t quite become this transcendent gaming nirvana that I expected because so many games have utilized and even improved upon its mechanics in recent years. Just want to prep you for some realistic expectations. I only did one playthrough of each of the Infamous games, and (surprise, surprise) I chose to play the hero each time, rather than the villain. I’ve heard tell that some of the evil powers and morality mechanics are more fun to play around with, but I just couldn’t bring myself to kill innocents, wreak havoc and wanton meaningless destruction and whatnot. I like to be the good guy.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic