Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,111

kyleforrester87

@DestinationPs: I found Bastion really disappointing compared to Transistor. The battle system is no where near as good. Only thing to consider with Journey is it's only a couple of hours long and you'll likely have it done in 1 sitting.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Churchy

Binding of Issac has it's moments but it feels a little unbalanced and frustratingly unfair at points. Journey, Bastion and Transistor are all worth playing. Personally I preferred the more folky, bluesy vibe to Bastion over Transistor but it's just a personal preference. Either way, both games look gorgeous.

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

themcnoisy

Which game should I get

BLOODBOURNE OR WITCHER 3

I Can only buy one - which one should it be?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

arnoldlayne83

@themcnoisy: Extremely hard question to answer.... both are superb games. BB is an exclusive, you should definitely go thorugh it once.... Being released earlier this year, you can maybe find it discounted, so with a little stretch could you get both?

More seriously speaking, I loved bloodborne, the combat is tight, fun and adrenalinic, it plays almost like in between an rpg and an action brawler. Lore is fantastic, if you love Lovercraft you should get it. Plus, the chalice dungeons are a good extra that can keep you coming back to the game a-là Diablo 3.

THe witcher is great too, what else I should say? But I found it sometimes too big and dispersive.

So my vote goes for: get both or get bloodborne saving some money.... and then get the Witcher 3

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

SteveButler2210

@themcnoisy: Tough one. Bloodborne is a great game, but Witcher is my personal favourite out of the two. I prefer games to have a clearer emphasis on story than Bloodborne did, and if you're after value for money then Witcher is definitely the better proposition. The only thing is it's so massive that if you're anything like me you may never actually finish it. I've played a fair bit over the last month or so, but I'm pretty sure I'm not even a quarter of a way through the story. To be fair though I don't really get much chance to play PS4 outside of the weekends, unless my girlfriend is away, so I normally only clock an absolute max of 10 hours per week on it (but in reality probably closer to 5 most weeks), which explains the slow progress :/

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

themcnoisy

@arnoldlayne83: @SteveButler2210:

Thanks lads so far
Bloodbourne 1 - Witcher3 1

I cant buy both as I don't have the time with MGS around the corner and I need the dosh for my new kid.

As for my recommendation. SOUND SHAPES. Last 2 levels to plat the game.

SteveButler2210

@arnoldlayne83: @themcnoisy: Bloodborne is only cheaper in 2 places at the moment though, and they are both out of stock, otherwise the prices are the same which is what makes it such a tough call! Unless you go down the CEX route, in which case BB is a tenner cheaper.

It really depends what tickles your fancy more. Bloodborne is a more linear game with combat that's tight as hell, a well-balanced difficulty curve (barring one early boss), some cracking enemy design, and tense dark atmosphere by the bucket load. The Witcher 3, on the other hand, is massive open-ended and far more player-driven, with some brilliant characters, and in my mind probably one of the best open worlds ever created. The combat, to me, is highly enjoyable if not quite on a level with Bloodborne, and it's absolutely gorgeous to boot. It's just an absolute time sink!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

arnoldlayne83

@themcnoisy: So then, if you consider the time you need, Bloodborne is shorter (30 - 40 hs for the campaign). But honestly I doubt you would be able to finish either of them in time for MGS V. But for when you'll need a tough gaming experience, consider BB. Sound shapes is great, it is MArio Maker played by dj Tiesto

Oh by the way, congrats for the new arrival in your family!

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

SteveButler2210

@themcnoisy: just spotted the new avatar. Well played...

EDIT: think I might need to change mine soon. Even though it was to endorse my charity challenge, I've just realised it looks like I'm endorsing sobriety as a good idea. Which I'm not at all - currently 2 weeks in and it's far too dull!

Edited on by SteveButler2210

Wish me luck!

JLPick

Is Drive Club worth the price? Also, Evolve and Dying Light? Evolve and Dying Light I'm hoping aren't like first-person shooters...as I hate first-person shooters, but I was looking into these two games since they are horror-themed.

JLPick

PSN: JLpick

Wesker

@JLPick: I think both DriveClub and its DLC represent good value, but why not download the free PS Plus version to see if you like the way it plays first? On that same note, there is also a Dying Light Demo you can download to see if you like it before laying down money.

Wesker

themcnoisy

@JLPick: Yes, no and unsure in that order. As @Wesker said try the psplus version of driveclub. To me DC is up there with TLOU, GTA V, Resogun and Rogue Legacy. Its fun and challenging, you can earn millions of trophies too.

Jaz007

@SteveButler2210: For the present for your sister, you could get Need for Speed: Rivals if she might enjoy a racing game. It's likely to be different than what someone might get for her in the near future too. You could also always get her GTAV. That's always a good kids game lol. (I kid about that of course, heck, I wouldn't play it as an adult.)

Jaz007

SteveButler2210

Thanks for the suggestions @Anchorsam9, @Jaz007, @Tasuki and @kyleforrester87, I'm swinging back and forth between Tearaway and Rayman at the moment. More towards Tearaway, as she's still not really played many challenging games yet (since I moved out a few years ago there's been nobody to steer her down the right path!), with most of her gaming experience being Animal Crossing & Nintendogs, and some of the later stages in Rayman Origins were pretty tough from what I recall (so I assume Legends is pretty similar)!

Do any of you know if Tearaway Unfolded still has the papercraft library feature from the Vita version, where you unlock the actual templates to print out and make the things that you've taken photos of (I think that was how it worked anyway)? That might swing it for me if it does, as I reckon she'd love that!

EDIT: never mind just re-read the review + comments and sounds like the papercraft is all there! Final question to any that have played it, (@get2sammyb would be good to hear your thoughts on this too), is the experience significantly impacted / detracted from by not having a PS camera? One of my favourite parts of the Vita version was the use of the camera for your face as the "You", and stuff like when you had to use the camera to make a new pattern to decorate a moose. Is some of the magic lost in Unfolded if you don't have one, or do they sufficiently make up for it in other ways?

Wish me luck!

kyleforrester87

@SteveButler2210: You're right, Rayman does border on frustrating occasionally. Tearaway is just magic.

I was wondering regarding the lack of camera too. I'd of thought you could take photos and upload them somehow, but perhaps not..?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

SteveButler2210

@kyleforrester87: from what I gather you can use the PS camera if you have that, but if not then it also sounds like there's a companion app for tablets, which I assume lets you use it for the same functionality (presumably allowing you to upload stills for You in the sun, rather than the traditional live feed).

EDIT: I've gone for Tearaway in the end. Even though it only released today, I managed to get a copy from CEX for £22.50!!

Wish me luck!

mookysam

Has anyone played Back to Bed? I saw it on the store and think it looks interesting. Is it any good?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic